You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_6iron

matchmaking at it's best

23 comments in this topic

[LODGE]
Members
15 posts
11,982 battles

image.thumb.png.80ecafd373d800c6a0c03aaa69628c6d.pngBest 3-4 minutes of game play  ever!  Zero damage (3 planes killed) and still 5th from bottom. Glad i found another game that I like as I a play this game that is turning into a time waster. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Matchmaker did its job.

You and your teammates didn't.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

Members
665 posts
5,435 battles

Well I just had that rarest of rare occurances......

A

100%

SINGLE TIER MATCH!!!!!!!

shot-19_04.30_13_50.07-0581.thumb.jpg.1a9dd98ab86006e3cf663d0dba01c68e.jpg

The little man who sits in the tiny  dark corner office of WH HQ controlling the MM must have had too much vodka......(and yes I am SURE he actually exists......:Smile_izmena::Smile_amazed:)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles
1 minute ago, KiwiColdbeer said:

Well I just had that rarest of rare occurances......

A

100%

SINGLE TIER MATCH!!!!!!!

shot-19_04.30_13_50.07-0581.thumb.jpg.1a9dd98ab86006e3cf663d0dba01c68e.jpg

The little man who sits in the tiny  dark corner office of WH HQ controlling the MM must have had too much vodka......(and yes I am SURE he actually exists......:Smile_izmena::Smile_amazed:)

Every once in a long while a queue dump will look like this.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles
5 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Replay please!!!  I want to see how a shima gets 4 kills in a 4 minute battle.

A good guess is the OP's team was chanting "We are not afraid" while they advanced to meet their doom and that one or two of the kills were "kill steals" of badly damaged ships. Some times you are the club and some times you are the seal. While the seal times are frustrating, roll with them and enjoy the club times.

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

A good guess is the OP's team was chanting "We are not afraid" while they advanced to meet their doom and that one or two of the kills were "kill steals" of badly damaged ships. Some times you are the club and some times you are the seal. While the seal times are frustrating, roll with them and enjoy the club times.

But even so.  You dont usually get your first salvo of torpedoes off until the two minute mark.  In a four minute battle, in a shima, that means you get one salvo off and maybe just squeeze part of a second salvo in. 

So I am guessing that the guns were involved.  Kill securing likenyou said, but even then... If guns were involved, the Shima most likely wasn't off on his own scouting because that is often suicide.  If he was running with other ships, it cuts down the opportunities to launch torpedoes in the early game.  Again suggesting the Shima only got a single salvo off.

I am just supper curious to see what happened and maybe learn something.

Replay pleas!!$$

Members
665 posts
5,435 battles

I would be thinkin that HE only lasted the 3-4 minutes.....but the match continued on after that. Is how I read it at least.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles
28 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

But even so.  You dont usually get your first salvo of torpedoes off until the two minute mark.  In a four minute battle, in a shima, that means you get one salvo off and maybe just squeeze part of a second salvo in. 

So I am guessing that the guns were involved.  Kill securing likenyou said, but even then... If guns were involved, the Shima most likely wasn't off on his own scouting because that is often suicide.  If he was running with other ships, it cuts down the opportunities to launch torpedoes in the early game.  Again suggesting the Shima only got a single salvo off.

I am just supper curious to see what happened and maybe learn something.

Replay pleas!!$$

Yeah, it would be interesting to see.

[WORX]
Members
11,488 posts
19,230 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_6iron said:

image.thumb.png.80ecafd373d800c6a0c03aaa69628c6d.pngBest 3-4 minutes of game play  ever!  Zero damage (3 planes killed) and still 5th from bottom. Glad i found another game that I like as I a play this game that is turning into a time waster. 

I ask myself... Why do people mistake fleet performance with MM.

I dont see a MM problem. What I do see is one team excelled in team play while the other team did not even try.

As many others have pointed out, as long as we have situations in where there is no re-spawn after you're sunk. Blow outs will continue to acquire regardless of any intervention/well intentions to "fix" it.

If one dont even try, then no one else will even bother...

Hate it when it gets to those extremes, but it is what it is

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,154 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Every once in a long while a queue dump will look like this.

I wish it was a long while between queue dumps. These are common when I run T8 ships. Drove T8's in 3 randoms the other day. In 2 there were at least 8 T10's. The other was about evenly split with 5 T10's, 4 T9's & 3 T8's.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,680 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_6iron said:

Nice. 4 minutes is fast so you can make another battle.:Smile_trollface:

[AA-DS]
Members
978 posts

I had one like that in Sims recently,  zero damage and 5 planes shot down on the way to my cap point.

Game over before i knew it, got approx 25k profit after costs and in the top 5....what a game...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles
11 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I wish it was a long while between queue dumps. These are common when I run T8 ships. Drove T8's in 3 randoms the other day. In 2 there were at least 8 T10's. The other was about evenly split with 5 T10's, 4 T9's & 3 T8's.

That is the real problem with tier 8, the recent MM tweak that creates more tier 8/9 matches actually works but when they are dragged up to tier 10 they are usually outnumbered by the tier 10's. If you had seven or eight tier 8's with the rest spread between nine & ten life would be pretty good.

[TDRB]
Members
5,154 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That is the real problem with tier 8, the recent MM tweak that creates more tier 8/9 matches actually works but when they are dragged up to tier 10 they are usually outnumbered by the tier 10's. If you had seven or eight tier 8's with the rest spread between nine & ten life would be pretty good.

We agree on that. What makes it worse is I drive a T6 & see 3 or 4 T8's in the match. Now you know why I don't buy lottery tickets.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,795 posts
9,354 battles
15 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Replay please!!!  I want to see how a shima gets 4 kills in a 4 minute battle.

I'm betting the replay would be a textbook example of one of the cons of deathballing.....

And in a T10 match with T8 CVs too...:Smile_facepalm:

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
326 posts
18,028 battles
16 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

Matchmaker did its job.

You and your teammates didn't.

Nope. Skilled players outright stomped a bunch of non-skilled players.

Win or lose, the super short matches aren't good for the game.

[HINON]
Members
3,269 posts
27,708 battles

good god. I feel for you but at the same time, I'm glad it's not just me who gets thrown into the special team all the time.

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I'm betting the replay would be a textbook example of one of the cons of deathballing.....

And in a T10 match with T8 CVs too...:Smile_facepalm:

I agree.  I am picturing all the torps from a single salvo going into a mass of ships and almost all of them hitting something.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
2 hours ago, FiveStarMojo said:

Nope. Skilled players outright stomped a bunch of non-skilled players.

Win or lose, the super short matches aren't good for the game.

And whose fault is it that those players are skilled or unskilled? Certainly not matchmaker's.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
326 posts
18,028 battles
1 minute ago, grumpymunky said:

And whose fault is it that those players are skilled or unskilled? Certainly not matchmaker's.

Yes, if all the skilled players are on one team and the bad players are on the other, it is because of MM and nothing else.

Everyone has had that game where there's a top tier division on one team and two pink players on the other team.

Which team would you rather be on?

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
17 hours ago, KiwiColdbeer said:

I would be thinkin that HE only lasted the 3-4 minutes.....but the match continued on after that. Is how I read it at least.

yes. OP never said that the game lasted 3-4 minutes....he spent that time playing.