You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

How to Hindenburg?

9 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
462 posts
11,841 battles

Just about to get the Hindy and wanted to know the best way to play her? I know her armor is good at close range but not so much a longer ranges like most cruisers. Does she play best like a kiting cruiser? How well does her armor hold up to say something like the DM? TIA

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
961 posts
10,069 battles

The best way to play Hindenburg is to play Henri...not helpful I know but it just feels so blah by comparison.

• Boring 1

[JSOC]
Members
54 posts
13,875 battles

She doesn't play best as a kiting cruiser but she can do it. She is the slowest of the tier X cruisers but as you said her armor is most effective at medium or short range since plunging fire penetrates more easily on her. Her armor does quite well against a DM at medium or close range when angled. I find her actually to be the most balanced of all the tier X cruisers and really a jack of all trades kind of ship.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
8 hours ago, cpappa said:

I find her actually to be the most balanced of all the tier X cruisers and really a jack of all trades kind of ship.

This ^

Hindenburg is likely the safest choice for a player who doesn't yet know the unique characteristics and playstyles of the T10 cruisers.  She can perform almost any role to a decent degree, versus other ships which specialize better at certain situations.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,253 posts
10,088 battles

Turtleback armor, good HE, nasty AP (where her BB hindenburg rep comes from), 2 torp tubes per side for close encounters, reasonable agility, good self-defense AA--she's an excellent support cruiser.

I usually play mine alongside BBs, provide HE support as well as AP surprises against anything broadside--she can hurt as hard as a BB if gets repeated pens. Even Yamato isn't safe from this.

Hindy is one of the worst cruisers to face at close range with those torps. Occasionally I get to surprise someone this way.

Most CVs won't attack hindy first. Even without upgrades, she's agile enough and has nasty AA to be a difficult kill.

[USMC-]
Members
319 posts
8,635 battles

Early game stay at range and support bb’s with DPS HE spam. Later, when danger of too many enemy angles to your broadside has lessened move in for close quarters combat and unleash hell.

• Cool 1

Members
671 posts
72 battles
11 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Just about to get the Hindy and wanted to know the best way to play her? I know her armor is good at close range but not so much a longer ranges like most cruisers. Does she play best like a kiting cruiser? How well does her armor hold up to say something like the DM? TIA

Hinden is a pure beast if you learn how to play her. Can push into T10 BBs with ease. It great at spamming fires from afar and its a beast to push into the enemy fleet in the end just devestating them all.

This was a game I played today, just trying out the legendaru module.

And these are just a few samples from my Hindenburg - the T10 Tank series.

In this video make sure to check out the bonusclip at 16:11 where I face of with pretty much half their team.

Here I show my captainskills, modules and builds. So congrats on unlocking the best cruiser in the game!