Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Mac users: Any change in ability to launch / run?

7 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
Members
477 posts
18,214 battles

I stopped playing with 0.8.2. 0.8.3 is completely broken on the Mac.

Its Monday. I thought I would check in to see if the Mac client crashes have been fixed.

Lets define "fixed" as in no in-battle crashes. I can live with crashes when exiting a battle.

If it is still borked, I would like to know before spending any time on downloading it and reinstalling the client.

Members
5,409 posts
10,457 battles

Bootcamp or dual boot Windows - only way to be really stable when playing a Windows based game.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
45 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Bootcamp or dual boot Windows - only way to be really stable when playing a Windows based game.

Yeah checking the specs on my MAC to make sure I can run Windows, then I likely will be loading no up Windows to get my game up and running again.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I finally got that weird Russian site Game Center downloaded and opened WoWs just fine.  Then I started playing.  It loaded me in 15-45 seconds after the game started and my frame rate hovered between 9-15 fps with dips and spikes between 6 and 30 fps.

RIP WOWS.

[FFG33]
Members
477 posts
18,214 battles
12 minutes ago, galspanic said:

RIP WOWS.

Well I hope not...  but I will check back in a week to see if anything has changed.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

I finally got that weird Russian site Game Center downloaded and opened WoWs just fine.  Then I started playing.  It loaded me in 15-45 seconds after the game started and my frame rate hovered between 9-15 fps with dips and spikes between 6 and 30 fps.

RIP WOWS.

Check the thing in my signature

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,233 posts
23,599 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah checking the specs on my MAC to make sure I can run Windows, then I likely will be loading no up Windows to get my game up and running again.

The one good thing about Windows is you can get it to run on a rock. All you need is disk space. Running Bootcamp and Windows can be a bit of a memory hog so make sure you max out your machine especially with memory so cheap. Got the game running on my iMac so decided to max out it's memory and install a terabyte SSD to reduce heat and it will cost just a touch north of $100 to do it unless I wait for a sale.

Sign in to follow this