Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BiskitsNWaffles

180k coal. What to do with it?

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

40
[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,914 battles

Been saving up coal for ages it seems. I always get the resource containers, etc. and am slowly closing in on the upper tier coal ships. I do have a ship coupon, that I plan to use on one of them. I am extremely close to either the discounted Jean Bart or the Salem. Originally, I planned to get the salem. I enjoy cruisers quite a bunch. However, I also recently found a liking for BBs (Specifically ones that are good bow tanks), which the jean bart is. I have been debating back and forth of which ship to spend my coal on, and would like a few thoughts from the players wiser than I. I am pretty good at RN Cruisers and American Cruisers across the board, so I assume the salem would play similarly. Russian BBs also have the aspect of bow tanking, which I have found I have a liking to as well. Any advice on which of these ships to get for a player like me would be greatly appreciated. 

A side note : Heard some new ships were coming out for coal soon. Anything worth? Or were these rumors even true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,326
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,583 posts

I'm over 200k Coal at this point, and I can't really pull the trigger because we have no good information on what's coming beyond the very immediate future.

If WG were more open about what's in the works, I'd know where I want to spend it now or later... lacking that info, I can't really say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Wait.

I'm at 220k and see nothing appealing enough to move on (Jean Bart is kind of cool, but not enough to put up with high tier play).

Eventually, something will come along to entice you out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,169
[TBW]
Members
10,593 posts
18,167 battles

I have 240K but there are ZERO ships I can buy with it. Can I use it in the Clan treasury and upgrade some of our clan perks?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
848
[HELLS]
Members
2,733 posts
28,971 battles

Sit on it, grow the pile some more, and wait for what happens. No point in wasting it on a ship you may end up not playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,914 battles

What's the Georgia like? Is it any good? I heard it's a bit under gunned, which makes me feel uneasy about even considering it. I may just save it... But based on how little they ACTUALLY change around the ships in the armory, I undoubtedly will be waiting a very long time. In the time, I could practice a new ship, for say, the jean bart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,571
[WOLF1]
Members
6,002 posts
5 minutes ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

What's the Georgia like? Is it any good? I heard it's a bit under gunned, which makes me feel uneasy about even considering it. I may just save it... But based on how little they ACTUALLY change around the ships in the armory, I undoubtedly will be waiting a very long time. In the time, I could practice a new ship, for say, the jean bart.

6 18" guns, on an Iowa hull, and I think Mass-style secondaries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,589
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,896 posts
4,733 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have 240K but there are ZERO ships I can buy with it. Can I use it in the Clan treasury and upgrade some of our clan perks?

Georgia and Yoshino will be coming soon, Dawgie, so hang on a little longer. 

25 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm over 200k Coal at this point, and I can't really pull the trigger

First shot without question should be Salem.  After that, it took me just three months to get back to Jean Bart (with coupon).  If JB isn't your cup of tea (and it's good but not my wet dream), tjen hang on for the others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,258
[WOLF3]
Members
28,279 posts
24,692 battles

If you have to ask yourself, "What can I spend this resource on?" then it means you need to hold onto it until there is actually something worthwhile to you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
949 posts
14,553 battles

With that coal sell it to a power plant!

In all honesty get the Jean Bart. You would like its turret layout, speed and main battery reload. A very strong ship at T9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,267
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,220 posts
14,759 battles

Only 180k? I have almost 400k more than you. I think I will go into competition with Midwest Energy over in Superior, WI. :Smile-_tongue:

proj_merc_gal1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[LHG]
[LHG]
Members
135 posts
10,609 battles
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Georgia and Yoshino will be coming soon, Dawgie, so hang on a little longer. 

First shot without question should be Salem.  After that, it took me just three months to get back to Jean Bart (with coupon).  If JB isn't your cup of tea (and it's good but not my wet dream), tjen hang on for the others.

 

Just asking, I already have the Des Moines and JB. Would buying Salem worth it? I mean it is a premium, and I would prob. get more credits out of it but not that vastly different from DM right? Or does the improved repair party give it a different twist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,073
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 hour ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

Been saving up coal for ages it seems. I always get the resource containers, etc. and am slowly closing in on the upper tier coal ships. I do have a ship coupon, that I plan to use on one of them. I am extremely close to either the discounted Jean Bart or the Salem. Originally, I planned to get the salem. I enjoy cruisers quite a bunch. However, I also recently found a liking for BBs (Specifically ones that are good bow tanks), which the jean bart is. I have been debating back and forth of which ship to spend my coal on, and would like a few thoughts from the players wiser than I. I am pretty good at RN Cruisers and American Cruisers across the board, so I assume the salem would play similarly. Russian BBs also have the aspect of bow tanking, which I have found I have a liking to as well. Any advice on which of these ships to get for a player like me would be greatly appreciated. 

A side note : Heard some new ships were coming out for coal soon. Anything worth? Or were these rumors even true?

Wait for GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
421
[-1]
Members
754 posts
10,602 battles

I'm sitting on 250k and next discount is in June. I'm a bit concerned that WG will raise prices in general so JB and Salem will look like good deals and new ships will be close to 300k. Especially after they see these piles of coal on your accounts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,156
[SOV]
Members
4,727 posts
1 hour ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

Been saving up coal for ages it seems. I always get the resource containers, etc. and am slowly closing in on the upper tier coal ships. I do have a ship coupon, that I plan to use on one of them. I am extremely close to either the discounted Jean Bart or the Salem. Originally, I planned to get the salem. I enjoy cruisers quite a bunch. However, I also recently found a liking for BBs (Specifically ones that are good bow tanks), which the jean bart is. I have been debating back and forth of which ship to spend my coal on, and would like a few thoughts from the players wiser than I. I am pretty good at RN Cruisers and American Cruisers across the board, so I assume the salem would play similarly. Russian BBs also have the aspect of bow tanking, which I have found I have a liking to as well. Any advice on which of these ships to get for a player like me would be greatly appreciated. 

A side note : Heard some new ships were coming out for coal soon. Anything worth? Or were these rumors even true?

Save up new ships coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
16 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I'm sitting on 250k and next discount is in June. I'm a bit concerned that WG will raise prices in general so JB and Salem will look like good deals and new ships will be close to 300k. Especially after they see these piles of coal on your accounts...

Where is a schedule for discounts posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[--K--]
Supertester
1,341 posts
12,572 battles
29 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Where is a schedule for discounts posted?

Check your coupons in the armory, if you use one it says when next comes. Ships are every 6 months and I think upgrades are every 2-3 updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,180
[RAGE]
Members
1,952 posts
8,262 battles

What was the ship that was previewed a month or so ago... IJN T10 cruiser, not the Yoshi. IIRC it had 16 small-caliber guns, smoke, and torps.  Basically an IJN Flint.  I saw it on reddit but can't find the post.   It didn't say whether it was coal or steel, but that's something I could save coal for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,914 battles

Alright. I think I'll be getting the JB in this case. I did a bit of digging, looks like the georgia isnt all what i'm looking for in a BB, by quite a large margin. I hear the JB is a nice bow tanker with forward facing turrets, so that benefits its likability imo. The new ships.. Just now my cup of tea with the "Seemingly" underpowered firepower on the GA coming out soon, and no interest whatsoever in the yoshino or whatever it's called. It wasnt so much of the matter of "What to spend it on" as for me questioning myself of "Which I would enjoy more".

 

Thanks for the feedback though, everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,246
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,073 posts
24 minutes ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

Alright. I think I'll be getting the JB in this case. I did a bit of digging, looks like the georgia isnt all what i'm looking for in a BB, by quite a large margin. I hear the JB is a nice bow tanker with forward facing turrets, so that benefits its likability imo. The new ships.. Just now my cup of tea with the "Seemingly" underpowered firepower on the GA coming out soon, and no interest whatsoever in the yoshino or whatever it's called. It wasnt so much of the matter of "What to spend it on" as for me questioning myself of "Which I would enjoy more".

 

Thanks for the feedback though, everyone.

I really like the JB.  It's a fun ship and a good BB.  Learning when to use it's reload adds a new facet to the game play.

I am also looking forward to the Georgia but I am a fan of secondary ships.  If you are not, I can understand your reluctance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts

I dont evem know what to do with my own coal, let alone to suggest what others should do with theirs.

 

Put it in Christmas stockings!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gunga_Dinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×