You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HellHammer9182

Ship still in battle

32 comments in this topic

Members
75 posts
459 battles

Ok, I haven't played WoW a lot, but I don't really like how when you get sunk and go back to port you have to wait for the battle to finish to get into another battle with your ship, I actually think that is a really discouraging game mechanic, it punishes people for being in the first few sunk which you can't always help. this should be removed from the game.

• Funny 4
  • Meh 1

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
5,164 battles
4 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

Ok, I haven't played WoW a lot, but I don't really like how when you get sunk and go back to port you have to wait for the battle to finish to get into another battle with your ship, I actually think that is a really discouraging game mechanic, it punishes people for being in the first few sunk which you can't always help. this should be removed from the game.

Let me second that motion, all that agree say "AYE"!

Members
1,598 posts
1,286 battles

The problem would be people "power leveling" through ships by rushing in, damaging what they can, dying, then starting a new battle and repeating the process. I promise you that you would see more yoloung shitters that don't care about playing for the win, if they were to change this.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

The problem would be people "power leveling" through ships by rushing in, damaging what they can, dying, then starting a new battle and repeating the process. I promise you that you would see more yoloung shitters that don't care about playing for the win, if they were to change this.

This for sure ^ 

[BB35]
Members
554 posts
4,442 battles
33 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

You could always pick a different ship and CPT...

Members
75 posts
459 battles

What if I don't want to play another ship, what if I want to play the ship I was just sunk in a battle with? this is a stupid mechanic in my opinion, I get sunk, then I wait around for 5,10,15 minutes waiting for a battle to finish just so I can play my ship I want to play, I'll just end up going and playing another game and giving WoW a bad review because of wait times.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 3

Members
75 posts
459 battles

I don't always die that fast, sometimes I do because of being targeted by carriers (Which shouldn't even be in this game) and I get ganked right off the hope other times I last 5 minutes, sometimes all the way to the end, and if people have concerns about wait times then WG should listen, and what "economy" in the game? you earn credits and spend credits, there is no real economy in this game.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
53 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

49 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Let me second that motion, all that agree say "AYE"!

25 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

This^^^

21 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

You could always pick a different ship and CPT...

This is why having two or more grinds at once is good. If one gets sunk, go for the other one.

Members
75 posts
459 battles

I suppose 2 grinds would be fine, but I'd still prefer to play the vehicle I want, I've played a lot of war thunder and you don't get punished for dying early in a match, you can just jump into another match, I prefer that system.

[B808]
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
1 hour ago, HellHammer9182 said:

Because then people wouldn't do ANYTHING but pretend they are playing co op, Leroy Jenkins would feel right at home here, hell you want to get rid of ff while you're at it ? every thread seems like you want to keep the training wheels on.

• Cool 1

Members
75 posts
459 battles
4 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Because then people wouldn't do ANYTHING but pretend they are playing co op, Leroy Jenkins would feel right at home here, hell you want to get rid of ff while you're at it ? every thread seems like you want to keep the training wheels on.

I don't believe that at all, I still play objectives and try to win, even if I wasn't punished for dying early on like we are now I would always try to win, get more points and stuff that way.

[B808]
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
1 minute ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I don't believe that at all, I still play objectives and try to win, even if I wasn't punished for dying early on like we are now I would always try to win, get more points and stuff that way.

You play CA'a and BB's, and I'll bet you have no clue where a DD wants to set up, and if you die early you overextended on your own and should die early.

DD's are not as lethal as they used to be hell I believe all DD's and CA's need heals but whatever, maybe use your WASD hacks more or use 3 points for vigilance, hell you play the German line you want to write a review and know nothing of what's coming for you in that line regarding torps ? uhmmmmmm….

Members
75 posts
459 battles

I don't charge forward actually, and I always stay with other ships, and writing a review and actually publishing it are 2 different stages, I"m only at the taking notes stage boy.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles

Like others have said, if you die so early that you have a 15-minute wait time for a 20-minute game to end, something went horribly wrong somewhere. Pick another ship and go.

There's no need to rebalance the entire game economy.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,587 posts
9,232 battles
55 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

What if I don't want to play another ship, what if I want to play the ship I was just sunk in a battle with? this is a stupid mechanic in my opinion, I get sunk, then I wait around for 5,10,15 minutes waiting for a battle to finish just so I can play my ship I want to play, I'll just end up going and playing another game and giving WoW a bad review because of wait times.

The idea is, if the game rules keep you from having fun, play another game. Games are supposed to be fun.

But by all means, continue waiting instead of playing other ships. It's your choice.

TBH, if you're going to play another game because you can't play one ship continually, and have no interest in any of the other hundreds of ships in the game, you won't be missed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,338 posts
6,345 battles

I've been asking for this myself for ages, always get told its to "stop the yolo players"....as if they don't just yolo anyway.

IMO its the "You suck at the game" punishment screen and is designed to make you wanna log off and play other games.    You can claim its something else, but thats all it actually manages to accomplish.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts

I suppose 2 grinds would be fine, but I'd still prefer to play the vehicle I want, I've played a lot of war thunder and you don't get punished for dying early in a match, you can just jump into another match, I prefer that system.

This isn't warthunder.

This is now your second "I just started playing but the whole game should be changed for me" thread.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,793 posts

Unfortunately, it's to keep people from doing exactly what @TaylorSwift said, and going into games, yoloing as fast as they can die, in hopes it would be a win, and they wouldn't have to actually <gasp> play the game to make XP.

Pick a 2nd line to push down, and play the other line if you die early.  

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF1]
Members
5,793 posts
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

This isn't warthunder.

This is now your second "I just started playing but they whole game should be changed for me" thread.

That's not completely true, either.  Depends on what tier you're in, and repair costs, repair time, etc. even in WT.  

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
12 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Unfortunately, it's to keep people from doing exactly what @Sweetsie said, and going into games, yoloing as fast as they can die, in hopes it would be a win, and they wouldn't have to actually <gasp> play the game to make XP.

Pick a 2nd line to push down, and play the other line if you die early.  

I've said that, but not recently... how has my name been included in this.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,793 posts
Just now, Sweetsie said:

I've said that, but not recently... how has my name been included in this.

Sorry, my slip.  I've corrected it.  Mea Culpa.

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Sorry, my slip.  I've corrected it.  Mea Culpa.

no worries, when I first started playing and was more clueless than I am now, I used to do that, three ships still in game and playing a fourth.... ah to be clueless about wr…. good times.