You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SOJO

Game Chat, CV Hate, it’s Futile.

49 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
110 posts

Hello All,

I play CV’s a ton, love them –  but recently (past few weeks) when I join a game; in game chat springs up from various disgruntle individuals, Remove CV’s etc.

My Chat response – “The Ocean Water is OP, please remove, its makes my gaming experience more difficult”

Or,

“Deep water Torpedoes” – Contrary to historical similarities – These simulated deep water Torpedoes are OP, please remove.

LOL –

All I can say, wait until Submarines enter the game, or when CV’s are included into Clan Wars –

Or, when and if CV’s are nerfed even more; The Destroyers “Unseen” will ghostly (proxy spot) every ship over three quarters of the known map, Cruisers and especially BB’s will be focused fired without a clue as to whom is shooting them.

CV’s in one aspect are there to counter Destroyers from doing this –  But, Complainers will complain, and the endless circle of complainers that are never quite happy with anything in the game will continue to complain.

What is Wargaming to do?

Well, here is a forecast of  the upcoming Complainers Subject Matter as to unfold in the near future –

1.       CV’s are nerfed even more

2.       After the CV Nerf hammer - 

3.       Destroyers are now OP – The rush of complainers is anew –

4.       Cruisers are buffed (Enhanced Hydro / Radar) to counter Destroyers –

5.       Destroyers are buffed, to counter the Cruisers (nerf Hydro /Radar) –

6.       CV’s are buffed to counter the Cruisers, But the buff will also prove unbeneficial to the Destroyers.

WAIT –

Submarines have now arrived in game (In a future Update?) Now, a whole new community of complainers will arise.   - OH NO - LOL,

·       Contrary to Historical view -  Submarine Player says, -  The Destroyers detected me, way to easily, NERF the destroyer. CV player says, the submarine Torpedoed me from long distance, NERF the Submarine -  and so on.

My point and conclusion -  I would assume that most complainers are looking for the mythical unicorn, the perfect gaming balance, that their hopes and complaints will someday see that all types of class ships will have an equal chance to succeed.  That ladies and gentlemen is a pipe dream, and wishing upon a star.

Why?

The only (100%) true way to do that is if the game only had one type of ship, a battleship for instance with the same strength and weaknesses, no Captain point progression with no attributes whatsoever; modules forget those also; And the only reason you would segregate ships by national origin would be for the model of ship (What it looked like) what it does wouldn’t matter anymore – its strengths and weaknesses would matter not.

Wargaming would never allow that to happen (same standard play for all), i.e. basically Wargaming makes CV’s OP, Player buys OP CV’s for 3 months, WG Nerfs CV’s, Buff Destroyers, Destroyers are now OP, Players Buys OP Destroyers – Wargaming makes profits by regulating and cycling Ships from OP to Nerf status all the time, rinse and repeat, Profits continue – Wargaming is a business, profits are the priority, Customer Concerns extends as far as the profitability line will allow –

So Complainers, you’re a dog chasing your own tail, you’ll be happy for 3 months, unhappy for three months, and, happy the follow three months - not because you complained, it’s because Wargaming look at their quarterly profits, and at a particular time during the fiscal analysis and, i.e. noticed that it was time to buff Destroyers, and nerf CV’s during that particular financial evolution, NOT, because you complained, but because your favorite class of ship that you are/were playing fell into the cycle of either being buffed or nerfed at that time.

Your complaining doesn’t matter when it comes down to what really matters, Profits that will ultimately supersede your complaint(s).

There is (To name a few) video games off the top of my head that allows players an equal opportunity to succeed and that’s PONG, and Pac-Man, Donkey Kong?

Point -  Stop Complaining within reason and Enjoy the game - Wargaming will do what they do, like they have always done, your causing yourself undue stress, it’s like worry about the weather, you can’t change it, i.e. all you can do is adapt, if it rains grab an umbrella.

Thanks all for your time,

SOJO

Edited by SOJO
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,380 battles

I'm resigned. I will be sad when WG bleeds to death and the game shuts down :Smile_sad:

• Cool 3

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
7 minutes ago, SOJO said:

Point -  Stop Complaining within reason and Enjoy the game - Wargaming will do what they do, like they have always done, your causing yourself undue stress, it’s like worry about the weather, you can’t change it, i.e. all you can do is adapt, if it rains grab an umbrella.

You didn't have a point.

Removing carriers is within reason. We're not asking for them destroy the sun, or reunite Pangea. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
4 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I'm resigned. I will be sad when WG bleeds to death and the game shuts down :Smile_sad:

Yeah, but at least we'll still have our paperless offices and flying cars.

Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet either.

WoWs numbers are up. :D  So stop saying the sky is falling, chicken little.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,959 posts
4 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

You didn't have a point.

Removing carriers is within reason. We're not asking for them destroy the sun, or reunite Pangea. 

I think his point there is, that at this point, based on the rework, the premium sales, the inclusion of them now in clan wars, ranked and the plan to put them on the console versions, that proverbial ship has sailed. 

Based on the recent responses and actions of WG, they are not and have no plans, to do that.  In fact the opposite.

So his point was that continued advocacy for it, is becoming an increasingly futile waste of energy and time.

[HINON]
Members
3,266 posts
27,609 battles

Can I be the first to officially complain about the complainers complaining about the complainers?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,380 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I think his point there is, that at this point, based on the rework, the premium sales, the inclusion of them now in clan wars, ranked and the plan to put them on the console versions, that proverbial ship has sailed. 

I dunno, I don't have any expectation, but I still have hope!

If there's anything I've learned about WG, it's to never believe them when they say "never".

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
5 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I dunno, I don't have any expectation, but I still have hope!

If there's anything I've learned about WG, it's to never believe them when they say "never".

Except when they are making money (I don't blame them) and they are now making money on their investment.

Of course hope as you wish, we all have that freedom.  I think that was his point though, that regardless of your views on the topic, it has become obvious that it is a done deal.

Members
513 posts
18,402 battles
26 minutes ago, SOJO said:

Hello All,

I play CV’s a ton, love them –  but recently (past few weeks) when I join a game; in game chat springs up from various disgruntle individuals, Remove CV’s etc.

My Chat response – “The Ocean Water is OP, please remove, its makes my gaming experience more difficult”

Or,

“Deep water Torpedoes” – Contrary to historical similarities – These simulated deep water Torpedoes are OP, please remove.

LOL –

All I can say, wait until Submarines enter the game, or when CV’s are included into Clan Wars –

Or, when and if CV’s are nerfed even more; The Destroyers “Unseen” will ghostly (proxy spot) every ship over three quarters of the known map, Cruisers and especially BB’s will be focused fired without a clue as to whom is shooting them.

CV’s in one aspect are there to counter Destroyers from doing this –  But, Complainers will complain, and the endless circle of complainers that are never quite happy with anything in the game will continue to complain.

What is Wargaming to do?

Well, here is a forecast of  the upcoming Complainers Subject Matter as to unfold in the near future –

1.       CV’s are nerfed even more

2.       After the CV Nerf hammer - 

3.       Destroyers are now OP – The rush of complainers is anew –

4.       Cruisers are buffed (Enhanced Hydro / Radar) to counter Destroyers –

5.       Destroyers are buffed, to counter the Cruisers (nerf Hydro /Radar) –

6.       CV’s are buffed to counter the Cruisers, But the buff will also prove unbeneficial to the Destroyers.

WAIT –

Submarines have now arrived in game (In a future Update?) Now, a whole new community of complainers will arise.   - OH NO - LOL,

·       Contrary to Historical view -  Submarine Player says, -  The Destroyers detected me, way to easily, NERF the destroyer. CV player says, the submarine Torpedoed me from long distance, NERF the Submarine -  and so on.

My point and conclusion -  I would assume that most complainers are looking for the mythical unicorn, the perfect gaming balance, that their hopes and complaints will someday see that all types of class ships will have an equal chance to succeed.  That ladies and gentlemen is a pipe dream, and wishing upon a star.

Why?

The only (100%) true way to do that is if the game only had one type of ship, a battleship for instance with the same strength and weaknesses, no Captain point progression with no attributes whatsoever; modules forget those also; And the only reason you would segregate ships by national origin would be for the model of ship (What it looked like) what it does wouldn’t matter anymore – its strengths and weaknesses would matter not.

Wargaming would never allow that to happen (same standard play for all), i.e. basically Wargaming makes CV’s OP, Player buys OP CV’s for 3 months, WG Nerfs CV’s, Buff Destroyers, Destroyers are now OP, Players Buys OP Destroyers – Wargaming makes profits by regulating and cycling Ships from OP to Nerf status all the time, rinse and repeat, Profits continue – Wargaming is a business, profits are the priority, Customer Concerns extends as far as the profitability line will allow –

So Complainers, you’re a dog chasing your own tail, you’ll be happy for 3 months, unhappy for three months, and, happy the follow three months - not because you complained, it’s because Wargaming look at their quarterly profits, and at a particular time during the fiscal analysis and, i.e. noticed that it was time to buff Destroyers, and nerf CV’s during that particular financial evolution, NOT, because you complained, but because your favorite class of ship that you are/were playing fell into the cycle of either being buffed or nerfed at that time.

Your complaining doesn’t matter when it comes down to what really matters, Profits that will ultimately supersede your complaint(s).

There is (To name a few) video games off the top of my head that allows players an equal opportunity to succeed and that’s PONG, and Pac-Man, Donkey Kong?

Thanks all for your time,

SOJO

the 95% who are unhappy the rework ARE THE PROFIT...and btw im reporting you posting this its insulting to the majority of the player base because YOU ARE pretending like there is nothing wrong with the CV rework..

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
11 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

They have not confirmed CVs will be in future clan battles. 

They have as far as I know.  Heard it a few times on the streams and I am almost certain that WG has in fact said they will be in the next one.

The whole point of the CV rework was to fix CVs, so they are no longer "special" or an outlier class.  The entire plan from the get go was to make them included in everything, just like every other class.  That was one of the major objectives the rework is targeted to resolve, that in terms of game modes and events, they are no longer different than BB, DDs or cruisers.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,986 posts
10,485 battles

To me, the "sky cancer' arguements are about as useful at the beginning of a game as the "Hail Trump"  cosplay discussions. 

Whatever keeps you happy but I got better things to do.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,986 posts
10,485 battles
4 minutes ago, Anij said:

the 95% who are unhappy the rework ARE THE PROFIT...and btw im reporting you posting this its insulting to the majority of the player base because YOU ARE pretending like there is nothing wrong with the CV rework..

Speaking of cosplay....

[WOLFG]
Members
30,650 posts
9,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Anij said:

Where do you get 95%? I don't even think Flamu's poll was that ambitious.....

[WOLFG]
Members
10,568 posts
9,844 battles
5 minutes ago, Anij said:

You are going to report the poster to the people doing the CV rework?

What exactly is your expected result?

[5D4]
Beta Testers
713 posts
20,469 battles

I do not play CVs but play against a lot of them.

My thoughts - 

• there is still a huge skill gap between CV players - WGs attempt to get more people to play them has not helped the issue
  • CVs are still very strong in the right hands - I shot down 67 planes in a battle with my Stalingrad - I was eventually killed by the CV.  The battle was a win but the CV driver almost made a comeback for his team - we wpn on points as time elapsed
  • it may take longer to reconstitute squadrons after losing planes but there is no limit to how many can be sent up
  • in my DDs, I am usually focused by CVs and then radar ships and then CVs again.... a never ending cycle of avoidance which means I avoid the caps like the plague during early games
  • as I mentioned, I do not play CVs but respect the good players and will compliment them when they do well but at the same time, there are many who should be in Coop and learning the basics - I would never pick up a CV and go into Randoms..... I would be nothing but a liability to my team outside of some scouting ability
  • two CVs in a high tier battle is one too many - I know that one is a tier 8 and one a tier 10 but when played well can coordinate strikes and scouting, a real detriment to other classes
  • in my AA Cruisers, I can shoot down planes but cannot avoid strikes, they are minimized but not removed unless sailing in a group which then attracts the walls of skill torp focus.....

Answers - h@ll, I don't have any as I believe no matter what is done, either the CVs will be negatively impacted or the other classes will.  Not really sure if the new CV game play is the right move and will leave that to the CV mains who can better speak to them..  At any rate, I will continue to do what I can knowing that more passive DD play is how I run them now and  my other ships stay in a group to maximize the AA bubble.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
8 minutes ago, Anij said:

...and btw im reporting you posting this its insulting to the majority of the player base because YOU ARE pretending like there is nothing wrong with the CV rework..

I am pretty sure that opinions are not against the EULA or this forum's terms of service.

[KWF]
Members
4,902 posts
6,594 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They have as far as I know.  Heard it a few times on the streams.

The whole point of the CV rework was to fix CVs, so they are no longer "special" or an outlier class.  The entire plan from the get go was to make them included in everything, just like every other class.  That was one of the major objectives the rework is targeted to resolve, that in terms of game modes and events, they are no longer different than BB, DDs or cruisers.

12th Ranked Season will be the "make or break" moment for CVs in competitive modes the way I see it. If they succeed and don't affect the mode negatively I can see them being included. Otherwise I think it will be back to the balancing board on how to make them viable. While KotS has shown how you can counter CVs by splitting into smaller tactical groups, it remains to be seen how it will be in Ranked and possibly Clan Battles in the future.

Members
513 posts
18,402 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You are going to report the poster to the people doing the CV rework?

What exactly is your expected result?

Absolutely nothing but I do despise his elitist preacher thread telling us how we should just give up and move on so he can play his idiotically OP ship

Edited by Anij
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,266 posts
27,609 battles

never say never amigo, remember when it was firmly accepted that Subs would never be a thing, or that prems would never get nerfed .. I mean you just never know.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,986 posts
10,485 battles
5 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

I do not play CVs but play against a lot of them.

My thoughts - 

• there is still a huge skill gap between CV players - WGs attempt to get more people to play them has not helped the issue
  • CVs are still very strong in the right hands - I shot down 67 planes in a battle with my Stalingrad - I was eventually killed by the CV.  The battle was a win but the CV driver almost made a comeback for his team - we wpn on points as time elapsed
  • it may take longer to reconstitute squadrons after losing planes but there is no limit to how many can be sent up
  • in my DDs, I am usually focused by CVs and then radar ships and then CVs again.... a never ending cycle of avoidance which means I avoid the caps like the plague during early games
  • as I mentioned, I do not play CVs but respect the good players and will compliment them when they do well but at the same time, there are many who should be in Coop and learning the basics - I would never pick up a CV and go into Randoms..... I would be nothing but a liability to my team outside of some scouting ability
  • two CVs in a high tier battle is one too many - I know that one is a tier 8 and one a tier 10 but when played well can coordinate strikes and scouting, a real detriment to other classes
  • in my AA Cruisers, I can shoot down planes but cannot avoid strikes, they are minimized but not removed unless sailing in a group which then attracts the walls of skill torp focus.....

Answers - h@ll, I don't have any as I believe no matter what is done, either the CVs will be negatively impacted or the other classes will.  Not really sure if the new CV game play is the right move and will leave that to the CV mains who can better speak to them..  At any rate, I will continue to do what I can knowing that more passive DD play is how I run them now and  my other ships stay in a group to maximize the AA bubble.

In before the critiques

Thank you for the constructive thoughts

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

12th Ranked Season will be the "make or break" moment for CVs in competitive modes the way I see it. If they succeed and don't affect the mode negatively I can see them being included. Otherwise I think it will be back to the balancing board on how to make them viable. While KotS has shown how you can counter CVs by splitting into smaller tactical groups, it remains to be seen how it will be in Ranked and possibly Clan Battles in the future.

It may be that they need to back to balancing, they might need to do that a LOT to get them properly fitted in.  If that's what it takes, then I hope they do it.

What continues surprise me about some posts here though, is still even now, the mindsets.  "How can CVs be included in this mode???  They can't!"  Of course they can. That is in fact, one the goals of the entire rework.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,357 posts
6,375 battles
34 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Won't happen for a long long time, even if they lost 50% of their players overnight, there is still more than enough money coming in from ship sales to pay the bills.

I don't think some of you realize how profitable this game truly is, sure its "Free to Play", but this games brings in MILLIONS per MONTH, it'll be just fine for awhile.

Play for a day, write down every "Premium" ship you see in game, figure out the % of premium ships you saw against all ships you saw....take that % of people from your server and multiply that value by $80 and you'll see how much they bring in.    Last time I did it, my math worked out to about half a million dollars, and thats basically PER ship they sell (T8+ anyway, less for the other ships are they cost less)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,724 posts
12,914 battles

CVs fit into the game mechanics like a quart of 10w-30 motor oil fits into a salad bar.