Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cruiser_AobaKai

Fun ways of adding flavor to achievements and nations

3 comments in this topic

[CUTIE]
Members
66 posts
11,617 battles

I was listening to the wows podcast recently and I heard the topic of achievements and somewhat lack of visual reward or response get brought up and that got me thinking about some ways that both achievements and national flavor could be enhanced.

Currently when you get an achievement the most obvious thing is the message sent in chat and maybe a different little sound blip like with double strike. 

In addition to what there is currently I was thinking that it'd be kinda fun to have maybe a more obvious sound you hear for each of the achievements, for example you could have: the sound of flames blazing when you get an arsonist, the sound of a kraken bursting out of the water for kraken, and maybe even a big boom for a detonation?

maybe the unique captains could have different noises for the achievements.

In addition to this, in a similar vein, currently when you sink a ship you hear the same noise no matter what nation you're playing as. I think it'd be pretty cool to have unique kill sounds for each nation, like a hakka drum for japan, a bald eagle eagle cry for the US, a lion's roar for UK etc. 

What do you think? This is very much a train of thought post currently. 

• Cool 1

[ODIUM]
Members
36 posts
12,802 battles

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, I would give players the option to turn it on/off though.

Sign in to follow this