You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Not about Cv's

6 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,294 battles

We have a weekend potatoes epidemic. That is what you hear from everyone. I understand that most people have lives and work and the such and they play on the weekend. 

We seem to be mad at those people? Why? Because they dont know the current meta? Rush in and not play passive? Fail to support their team mates? Then the stats matchmaking monitor provides their ships stats.

How much of the "team" is really to blame vs we see stats and then go into passive survive mode , deal dmg so my loss is not too bad? 

I am thinking that more and more players are just abandoning teamwork as soon as it appears a train to one cap has started or mm says they have the worse team.  

Try making a suggestion about a team split. 

Try grouping into small 3 man teams with the boats right to your left and right. 

3 or 4 teams of 3 are very effective when you cant get the whole team to work together. 

I would love to get some feed back as to help some of the newer players at higher tiers some ideas on how to be a better team mate. 

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles

This is part of why I hate the Match Making Monitor.  I know people who run it I play with and you hear that oh lord come over the voice comms.

I think the teaming up with 2-3 people right adjacent to your spawn is a good idea, but they don't always do so.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,346 battles

Yes, I think MM monitor is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy sometimes. 

Members
1,014 posts
8,681 battles
28 minutes ago, MEANN said:

We have a weekend potatoes epidemic. That is what you hear from everyone. I understand that most people have lives and work and the such and they play on the weekend. 

We seem to be mad at those people? Why? Because they dont know the current meta? Rush in and not play passive? Fail to support their team mates? Then the stats matchmaking monitor provides their ships stats.

How much of the "team" is really to blame vs we see stats and then go into passive survive mode , deal dmg so my loss is not too bad? 

I am thinking that more and more players are just abandoning teamwork as soon as it appears a train to one cap has started or mm says they have the worse team.  

Try grouping into small 3 man teams with the boats right to your left and right. 

3 or 4 teams of 3 are very effective when you cant get the whole team to work together. 

I would love to get some feed back as to help some of the newer players at higher tiers some ideas on how to be a better team mate. 

huh what?

talking in chat you say? and get a free report lmbo

teamwork? thats over rated

just pray to RNGeezus that there are some good players who know what to do in your team instead of just cowardly turning broadside to run and then getting clapped.... 

Also by using MMM you can see that some players are beyond help as some have more than 1k battles on a ship and yet the avg damage is lower than 20k. so after  1k battles if they dont learn then im afraid to say they wont learn in future. just a honest review. let the downvotes begin :cap_popcorn:

Edited by LookUpAndSpit

[SALVO]
Members
25,407 posts
27,301 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

Try grouping into small 3 man teams with the boats right to your left and right.  3 or 4 teams of 3 are very effective when you cant get the whole team to work together. 

I try to make or at least ask about which 2 of the 3 caps we should go to in Domination.  But it's frustrating when you get some jerks who are ignoring chat and just do what they want.  Or worse, nearly the entire team ignores the plan that was agreed to in chat and goes the other way.  It is monstrously frustrating if you're in a slow BB who's on the flank that you thought the team was going to go to, and then abandoned, while you committed to going to the outside cap that they SAID they were going to go to.

I also fully agree with sticking with the ships that are near you when you spawn.  I always hate it when I'm in of those 3 ship spawn groups and the BB behind us bails on us and heads back to the center, leaving us unsupported.

As for the "current meta" not being known by the weekend warriors (WW), frankly why do you really even need to know it?  If you're a WW and the teams seem to be playing differently of late, then maybe just watch what they're doing and follow a similar ship to get a feel for what's different.  You don't have to rush in hard, nor do you have to go full passive.  Just be cautious but ready to exploit weaknesses when you see them.

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
2 hours ago, MEANN said:

Have to agree with you. Weekenders are people that buy stuff like every one else.