You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ketsuin

New ships

23 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
131 battles

Do you have to use the new ships you unlock in order to be able gain xp to unlock the higher level ships, I ask e atm I'm u seing the ishizuchi tier III ship but I'm gaining elite ship xp and I'm trying to unlock the higher tier battle ships, do i have to use the Kong to gain access to the fuso?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,581 posts
15,643 battles
1 minute ago, Ketsuin said:

Do you have to use the new ships you unlock in order to be able gain xp to unlock the higher level ships, I ask e atm I'm u seing the ishizuchi tier III ship but I'm gaining elite ship xp and I'm trying to unlock the higher tier battle ships, do i have to use the Kong to gain access to the fuso?

It takes a lot more work to accumulate Free XP than it does to accumulate ship XP.

You should work your way up the line. Yes, you can eventually earn enough free XP to unlock the Fuso, but you should ideally play all its predecessors first.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

You can't unlock the higher tech battleships with ItchyScratchy. It's a premium ship, and it's a tier 4.

You have to unlock them in order: Myogi -> Kongo -> Fuso, unless one has a load of spare free xp.

Members
8 posts
131 battles

So if I have free xp I can unlock the ships? So if I wanted could I just stick with o e ship and grind out free xp?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,581 posts
15,643 battles

So if I have free xp I can unlock the ships? So if I wanted could I just stick with o e ship and grind out free xp?

If you honour what they fight for enjoy the Ishizuchi that much, yes.  But it is a slower and less efficient way to do so.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
1,085 posts
9,364 battles

As others have said. Plus Kongo starts you on a path that builds over time and helps you build skills and learn the playstyle that you'll need further along the line.

[WOLF5]
Members
905 posts
35,595 battles
42 minutes ago, Ketsuin said:

you must unlock them in order. for instance if you had 249k free xp you could not unlock theYammy unless you have already unlocked the izumo and all of the hull upgrades.  

-Members-
272 posts
3,291 battles
48 minutes ago, Ketsuin said:

You can use free XP, but you have to go up the tier ladder of ships. in other words, you need to Unlock the Kawachi, before you can move on to the Myogi.
To get from the Knogo you have to unlock 2 different hulls for the Myogi before you can unlock the Kongo. 

My advice would be to grind some of these ships before you spend a good chunk of XP, just so you can understand how they play and what they can and can not do.

Best of luck sir.

Members
85 posts
3,387 battles

Kongo is one of the more maneuverable BBS at tier 5. The Fuso is not that much different either so enjoy going up the line and experience the progression as you go up the tier.

[PVE]
Members
19,982 posts
12,672 battles
1 hour ago, Ketsuin said:

A lot of others have covered this, but I wanted to give some detail for you.

The normal way to go is to work up the tech tree grinding the ships as you go. You can use Free XP (FXP) to skip up the line, but it is not recommended. You learn a lot more about the game grinding up the line as new stuff gets added at each tier. The meta in battle changes as you go up in tier as well. Tiers 1-4 are protected Matchmaking (MM), so you only see one tier above and below you. T5 starts the +2/-2 MM, so you can see a T7 in a T5 ship and that is a big change. The next big change is at T8+ when ships get a LOT more lethal to each other. It is good to work your way up the ladder. I do recommend spending some time in co-op when you get your first T5 ship, so that you can learn to be comfortable verse T7 bots. Then jump back to Random battles and learn to be comfortable verse people in a T7 when you are a T5 ship.

Right now, you have S. Carolina in the US BBs and Kawachi in the IJN BBs. If you want to work your way up the IJN BB line, you want to grind the Kawachi to the Myogi and then grind the Myogi to Kongo and so on. Do grind out all the modules on each ship, so that you get the full learning experience in that ship. I would save your FXP for those times where you need to buy a module on a ship, like the B hull, when the ship just doesn't click with you. You don't have to buy each ship, but you do need to unlock each ship to be able to unlock the next.

Now, the Ishizuchi is a good thing to have to grind the IJN lines. Since the Zucchini is a premium ship, you can put an IJN Cmdr in the ship and do not have to retrain them. So run your Kawachi until you get the first win bonus and then move your cmdr to the Ishizuchi to get the first win bonus there. That will help with improving your Cmdr. Also, you can keep a cmdr moving up the line, so your top ship always has the best Cmdr. This is very important at mid to high tier. So say you ground out your Kawachi and buy the Myogi. If you move your Kawachi Cmdr to the Myogi, he will have to go through retaining. You can do that on the Myogi, but his skills will be at 50%. But since the Ishizuchi does not have to retrain the cmdr to put him one there, you can put the new Myogi cmdr who is retraining on Ishizuchi and the XP gained on the Ishi will go towards the retraining on Myogi. This will also work with your IJN Cruisers like when you move from Tenryu to Kuma.

45 minutes ago, Ketsuin said:

I have around 8k in blue xp what ever that is

7rL7trb.jpg

Here is my Myogi. If you look to the left, you will see the 598 I underlined right above the modules. That is the ship XP, usually just called XP, for the Myogi. When I play the Myogi, I get XP in battle and this is where it increments. I can only use the Myogi XP on the Myogi. When I got enough and unlocked the C hull, I was able to use the Myogi XP to unlock Kongo. But that is all I can do with Myogi XP, except use doubloons to convert it to FXP once I had made the Myogi an Elite ship. This can get expensive and buying premium time and/or premium ships is usually considered more valuable.

If you look in the upper right, I underlined my FXP. I'm saving FXP to buy the Azuma when I get 1M FXP, so I don't use it to buy modules or skip ships. It is copied again right beside the ship XP on the Module screen. I can use this FXP on any ship in the game, Cmdrs, etc.

In the Cmdr section, I underlined my Commander XP (Cmdr XP or CXP). That is what give a Cmdr his skill points. When you play a battle, you will get ship XP, Cmdr XP and FXP for each battle. Premium time, signal flags, camos, events, etc, will buff the various types of Cmdr XP. This Cmdr XP can only be used on the Cmdr that earns it. Each Cmdr has to earn his own Cmdr XP.

There is a global Cmdr XP called Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP). It is in the bottom left of the pic below. A 19pt Cmdr has his Cmdr XP converted to ECXP and you can get loaner Cmdrs in events like the recent Space Battles and Halloween events. You also can get it as rewards, like in the Daily chains in the next section. ECXP can be used on any Cmdr for retraining or paying for the next skill. It is like FXP for Cmdrs.

NtyFeyB.jpg

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Experience covers the basics.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander is specific to Cmdrs.

Without the boosts though does it take a while to gain global xp?

It can. As you get better, you will get more. Also events like todays Daily Chains can help with this. 

For the first chain when you get 1,000 XP,  try to finish it on the ships you are grinding, like the Kawachi, S. Carolina, St Louis or Tenryu. That 1,000 XP really helps.

yRJhQzq.jpg

The second chain gives FXP and it doesn't matter what ship you earn it on as FXP can be used on any ship.

w69Gp7r.jpg

The third chain is for ECXP and since ECXP can be used on any Cmdr, it doesn't matter the ship that finishes the mission.

lAZUs3M.jpg

There is a calendar that comes out each month with a schedule of what rewards will be on each day's Daily Chain.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/may-missions-2019/#daily-missions

• Cool 3

[NO]
Members
371 posts
17,586 battles

Also be aware that just because you got a higher tier ship the game does not necessarily suddenly become easier. You do not become more powerful then the rest of ur team because the rest of the ream usually have the same power level of ships as you do.

Members
8 posts
131 battles

I see, well atm I'm trying out the American ships to grind them out and I'm doing this on ps4 right now cause my pc video card is dead, but then general idea is to save my free xp and global xp for ship upgrades?

And I do have 400 dabloon atm and it would take about half to converge my elite xp to global xp.

I asked about the global xp mainly cause I noticed you can use it too boost to the next ship after unlocking the previous ship but I'm guess from the long post that is not the best idea and last question and sorry if it is a noon question but if I bought a premium ship to use should I stick with it and tri d everythi g with it u less the mission requires a specific ship?

[PVE]
Members
19,982 posts
12,672 battles
13 minutes ago, Ketsuin said:

I see, well atm I'm trying out the American ships to grind them out and I'm doing this on ps4 right now cause my pc video card is dead, but then general idea is to save my free xp and global xp for ship upgrades?

First, console and PC are two different games. The two do not overlap.

Global XP would be another name for FXP. You have XP (ship) which can only be used on the ship you grind it on and FXP which you can use on any ship. When you say global XP, I'm thinking you mean FXP.

And I do have 400 dabloon atm and it would take about half to converge my elite xp to global xp.

Only convert elite (ship) XP to FXP if you find that doubloons are worth buying. If you want to be a free to play player and not spend money, you want to save those doubloons for more important stuff, like demounting Special/Unique Upgrades and /or perma-camo.

I asked about the global xp mainly cause I noticed you can use it too boost to the next ship after unlocking the previous ship but I'm guess from the long post that is not the best idea

You can, but usually it is considered best to save it for a ship that you can buy with FXP and/or to use it to get modules when a stock ship is horrendous for you.

and last question and sorry if it is a noon question but if I bought a premium ship to use should I stick with it and tri d everythi g with it u less the mission requires a specific ship?

Play your IJN ships and Ishizuchi together. Use the premium ships to help your tech tree grind, not in place of them. Ishizuchi is an IJN premium, so only IJN Cmdrs can be put on it. If you are willing to spend money, and you don't have to, you can pick up premium ships for other lines. The cheapest US premium ship is the T2 Smith DD for 99 cents, but low tier ships are not good Cmdr trainers. A cheap US Cmdr trainer would be the T5 Texas BB for $10. Or you can not spend money at all and get the T3 Charleston CL (just like the T3 St Louis you have) in the Armory for 15,000 coal (11,250 with coupon).

Members
8 posts
131 battles

I just noticed after each battle it shows ship xp, the green xp which is the free I think and then blue xp, the blue is for the commander right?

[PVE]
Members
19,982 posts
12,672 battles

I just noticed after each battle it shows ship xp, the green xp which is the free I think and then blue xp, the blue is for the commander right?

Here are the ending screens from a battle yesterday. This is on PC. Global XP may be what FXP is called on console. The Blue XP could be the Cmdr XP. I don't have console, so I can not answer console questions unfortunately.

L34dK0W.jpg

The 1,069 is my XP earned on the ship. The 68 is the FXP earned on the ship. The 109,868 is the damage I did. The 93,674 is the credits I got before expenses were deducted. 

EHHcHeY.jpg

I'm the second one down in gold and the 417 is the base XP I earned before it was modified by flags, camos, premium time, etc.

eErbLFH.jpg

This is the detail screen where it shows how much damage I did to various reds and if I sunk them or not. Pink is when you damage/sink a teammate.

xFJWGU6.jpg

In the PC version, the Cmdr XP is only listed on this screen. You can also see the modifiers I got for XP, Cmdr XP, and credits.

Console should have similar screens, but may be in a different format and with different names. 

This is the webpage for console, which is called WoWs Legends.  https://wowslegends.com/

It is similar to, but slightly different than the PC version. I don't know where you would go for a WoWs Legends forum. Some here may play console WoWs, but I would bet most do not.

Members
598 posts
362 battles
6 hours ago, Ketsuin said:

Blue XP is commander

Green is Global( free XP) 

If you have any questions I can try and answer them for you or get the answer.

Members
426 posts
7,909 battles

Wait, they launched the game on the consoles, gave them a website, but no forum for questions, etc.?  Just visited the WOWS Legends webpage, and it's basically a big premium shop ad. Not even a wiki link.  Clicking on Player Support, does have an FAQ and some support topics. But I didn't see anything that would have helped him there with his question. So at least someone here did have some answers for him :cap_book:

Edited by Valas1

Members
598 posts
362 battles
6 hours ago, Valas1 said:

Wait, they launched the game on the consoles, gave them a website, but no forum for questions, etc.?  Just visited the WOWS Legends webpage, and it's basically a big premium shop ad. Not even a wiki link.  Clicking on Player Support, does have an FAQ and some support topics. But I didn't see anything that would have helped him there with his question. So at least someone here did have some answers for him :cap_book:

They shut down the forum right before launch due to " lack of traffic" although everytime  I go there are usually a couple hundred on.

They have an official discord, Reddit, Facebook and I think twitch.

pretty stupid not to have a forum in my opinion but oh well 

[1984]
Members
4,301 posts
21,105 battles
17 hours ago, Ketsuin said:

Save your free xp to buy free xp ships, such as alaska, nelson etc. Using free xp to jump ship lines is a waste, especially at low tiers where unlocking ships is easy and fast.

Members
8 posts
131 battles

What do you mean by free xp ships, how can you tell what those are, all I see for free xp is to boost to the new ships