You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Yoshino Preview - Powerful T10 Cruiser

97 comments in this topic

Members
1,695 posts
7,720 battles

I like her, a lot.  She brings a lot to the table including 20KM torps... if she remains unchanged.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

If you can make Yoshino work, then all the more power to you. For me, it's a hard pass. Azuma has soured all interest that I had for Yoshino, and I'll save my coal on Georgia instead, which looks more promising atm.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles

Interesting positive review, in the context of having just watched a streamed game in which the CC was not impressed.

Constructive criticism: when quoting maximum ranges etc, it might be best to do it without any enhancing mods (e.g. MBM's) fitted, as some may have other priorities.

If you're going to give a range, rate of fire etc. figure with a particular mod in a particular slot, it suggests that you think this mod is best... and then it's incumbent upon you to defend that suggestion, even in subjective terms ("works best for my playstyle, YMMV").

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles
33 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Can we have a CV for coal?

I'll take Ark Royal at Tier 6, with Implacable's aircraft in smaller squadrons. Make her a lower-tier British Saipan in concept and charge 400K coal for her.

ETA: I meant FXP, not coal. :fish_palm: Good catch, those who picked it up. I got my currencies confused.

Maybe 65-70K coal, then; seeing as the Okt Rev is a T5 BB with a 50K-ish price.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,079 posts
4,446 battles

After watching several youtube vidoes/streams, remove the first five letters of her name is my answer.

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'll take Ark Royal at Tier 6, with Implacable's aircraft in smaller squadrons. Make her a lower-tier British Saipan in concept and charge 400K coal for her.

Concur.

• Meh 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is not 400k coal too much for a tier 6? 

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

In a hospital right now, so I watched with captions on. Gotta say, YouTube auto-generated captions are an amusing experience, even trying to handle something with a lot of lingo.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Yoshino effectively makes Azuma irrelevant overnight.

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,318 battles

I saw one this morning twice wasn't impressed It just eats damage no matter how it's angled

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,318 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yoshino effectively makes Azuma irrelevant overnight.

It was irrelevant at release

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,277 posts
8,392 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

400K coal?    Wow.. lets not give them any ideas.    You do realize that is nearly twice what a T10 costs now in that currency?    

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

Yoshino IS Azuma.. And just as much a glass cannon. Inacurate guns, 27mm armor, its a nightmare and a fine example of WGs prejudice against the Japanese line.

Edited by TomBombay
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles
4 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

You do realize that is nearly twice what a T10 costs now in that currency?    

OOPS. I meant 400K FXP LOL.

Good catch.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles
19 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Is not 400k coal too much for a tier 6? 

I meant FXP. Good catch.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,165 battles
16 minutes ago, TomBombay said:

Yoshino IS Azuma.. And just as much a glass cannon. Inacurate guns, 27mm armor, its a nightmare and a fine example of WGs prejudice against the Japanese line.

This was my general reaction to what I've been seeing as well. Like, "oh look - the people from the little islands can't do the same thing every other nationality (including the one that COULDN'T EVEN BUILD CAPITAL SHIPS IRL) in the game does quite as well." I'm not typically the one to shout - let alone whisper - 'racism,' but if there isn't at least some cultural bias at work with the Japanese in WoWs, I'm a fig newton. 

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 3

Members
33 posts
7,016 battles
50 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

If you can make Yoshino work, then all the more power to you. For me, it's a hard pass. Azuma has soured all interest that I had for Yoshino, and I'll save my coal on Georgia instead, which looks more promising atm.

Have they released the info that the Georgia will be coal ? 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,442 posts
12,906 battles
Just now, sheppard12 said:

Have they released the info that the Georgia will be coal ? 

Yes.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles
28 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I'm not typically the one to shout - let alone whisper - 'racism,' but if there isn't at least some cultural bias at work with the Japanese in WoWs, I'm a fig newton. 

I would argue it's not racism so much as bitter memory and a long-held grudge. The ascendancy of the IJN over the VMF in the Russo-Japanese War was a shocker. Just 40 years earlier, Japan had been a military-industrial non-entity.

[MISRY]
Members
1,056 posts
7,723 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

And yet the Azuma is the best Tier 9 cruiser. Stats do not lie. It does over 10k more dmg per battle than Alaska and is tied with Alaska with the 2nd best cruiser WR in tier 9 at 53.18%.  There is no problem with the ship. It's borderline OP. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles
8 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

And yet the Azuma is the best Tier 9 cruiser. Stats do not lie. It does over 10k more dmg per battle than Alaska and is tied with Alaska with the 2nd best cruiser WR in tier 9 at 53.18%.  There is no problem with the ship. It's borderline OP. 

Are you high? Server stats don't magically a garbage ship somehow good. The phenomena you're witnessing is the result of the Azuma being far newer, with her stat's sample size (i.e. number of battles played in her) that is less than 1/10th than that of Alaska's. Hence them being artificially inflated, every new ship goes through this.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,056 posts
7,723 battles
4 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Are you high? Server stats don't magically a garbage ship somehow good. The phenomena you're witnessing is the result of the Azuma being far newer, with her stat's sample size (i.e. number of battles played in her) that is less than 1/10th than that of Alaska's. Hence them being artificially inflated, every new ship goes through this.

Azuma has more than enough battles for a statistically adequate sample size and the fact that her stats have pretty much stabilized tells the real story.

All of you just don't want to admit you were wrong when you trashed this ship upon release and criticized WG. 

• Boring 1

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
12,247 battles
1 hour ago, TomBombay said:

27mm armor

Wish she had 27mm, your worst nightmare with Azuma are not Yamato or Montana, instead Jean Bart and her very fast firing 380mm that can ignore your armor and citadel you every single time. Yoshino will have the same fate with her 25mm bow and stern and "only" 30mm deck, Atago have 48mm deck, even Furry Tako have the 48mm deck, come on WG stop making shame excuses and give them both proper armor or at very very least allow them to be very nimble like the regular IJN cruisers.

Crumbsy + huuuge + CL armor + Massive citadel only means one thing: Every single BB have a feast shooting at you aka Minotaur syndrome.

Only explanation I can find to this two ships being so poor is just to make Kron look good and Alaska even overpowered so it's sells more (Stalingrad does not even enter the comparation because it's basically better at everything, even HE because he have 32% fire chance and land more shells on target instead on the water nearby to where you aimed) or the usual "IJN can't have good prems because battle of Tsushima happend" explanation

Edited by XurMP
  • Cool 1