Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

Perhaps my best game in a

3 comments in this topic

Members
1,660 posts

Fiji and it was all for naught, lol.

This just happened:

Fiji01.thumb.jpg.dd844257275a9098304372ecec8f2609.jpg

Not only was it about the best battle I've had in that boat, the operation was one of the saltiest I've ever seen.  BBs were bickering, DDs were shouting, and the other cruisers were playing bumper cars.  It isn't often you lose at Nari, but when you do, it is spectacular!!!!

EDIT:  I suppose since they were so busy infighting, it left all the damage for me!!

EDIT2:  Oh and I was the last one dead.  It came down to me and the Colorado and the Atlanta.  They got me in the end.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
  • Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
20 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I suppose since they were so busy infighting, it left all the damage for me!!

Yep.

I remember the thrill of getting a Kraken, High Calibre and Confederate within three days of starting to play WOWS, and almost as soon as the game allowed me in Randoms. I was doing what all the YouTube aces did. I was so thrilled!

So thrilled that I didn't notice until much later - when gloating over my screenshot and reliving old glories - that I was still in baby-seal Randoms and every other ship had been a bot. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

But it does illustrate the point - when your team derps hard (or in my case when it tanks the damage for you), you can really pile on the kills. The trick then becomes to actually win.

Members
1,660 posts
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yep.

I remember the thrill of getting a Kraken, High Calibre and Confederate within three days of starting to play WOWS, and almost as soon as the game allowed me in Randoms. I was doing what all the YouTube aces did. I was so thrilled!

So thrilled that I didn't notice until much later - when gloating over my screenshot and reliving old glories - that I was still in baby-seal Randoms and every other ship had been a bot. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

But it does illustrate the point - when your team derps hard (or in my case when it tanks the damage for you), you can really pile on the kills. The trick then becomes to actually win.

😆 Classic!!!  You were a KILLER!!!!!

Once I was out of teammates and smoke, it was difficult to stay unfocused.  Fiji isn't the best cruiser for open water fights.

:cap_viking:

Sign in to follow this