You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PoP_56_61

For those distressed DD players harassed by CV's

20 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
78 posts
15,559 battles

Oh yeah hear is another CV rant been trying to play them, but due to useless MM all I ever see is T-10 in my T-8 all I can do is basically spot. Any attempt at an attack run ends up in a total loss of that squadron. All I am doing is feeding planes for enemy to score on. I feel ripped off in my investment in useless ships.

My t-6 fares about the same (Ryujo)  though I for some reason get better MM in it. To just score enough to pay for the Bleeping battle is a mountain near impossible unless investing in flags (money grab ehh?). This is in the Graff Zep is it a total pile or just MM is never gonna work as from the beginning only worse 

it seems now for the premium CVs. Sorry DD guys I DD main in coop and that is for a reason no CV enemy, but as stated that is all the up tiered CV has to do is spot and feed planes to the aa ships. If you have not tried the new CV then you have no reason to rant walk in our shoes first. Now maybe the t-10  CV's balance may be off

I agree they seem really strong unless you have a aa spec ship or are close to other ships for combined aa. Its a new game and balance is not there yet, but I have at last after year and a half, and thousands of games started playing CV. I can see myself playing them a lot if MM was fair it still is horridly broken for t-8 CV's currently.

I agree with others that have stated that the game was getting stale, and needed  something new. I think WOW will finally get it better, and realize you cannot please everyone, you cannot win every battle because to be a winner somebody's got to lose! I forget that lots of times every ship or class has got to have its opposite its counter, and

yes I agree balance and MM now is a mess, but they are WORKING ON IT !! I realize its not going to happen overnight no matter how many keyboards, Mouses I break. 😁

• Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
182 posts
717 battles

T8 CV does just fine in T10, and T6 CV does just fine in T8. It just requires more careful and smarter plays.

[A-CUP]
Members
1,023 posts
8,232 battles

Each tier CV except T4 has to play carefully

T6 and above, you have to know which ship has good AA etc.

Edited by Nagato_Kai__Ni

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles

The game is pretty broken and so are Carriers....  I've given up Randoms and Ranked.....  COOP and Scenarios for the most part.  We are waiting just a little while longer to see if our host get's their head out of their fourth point-of-contact and fixes the messes they created with Carriers....  If not, this will be WoTs part II.........and, a large group of us will pursue other opportunities...!!!

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles
11 minutes ago, Ayanami_Kai_Ni said:

T8 CV does just fine in T10, and T6 CV does just fine in T8. It just requires more careful and smarter plays.

Says the unicum that has average damage in the Midway more than twice the over all average. Just because the best players can [edited] and pillage almost at will does not mean the remainder are able to do the same.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles
42 minutes ago, PoP_56_61 said:

Oh yeah hear is another CV rant been trying to play them, but due to useless MM all I ever see is T-10 in my T-8 all I can do is basically spot. Any attempt at an attack run ends up in a total loss of that squadron. All I am doing is feeding planes for enemy to score on. I feel ripped off in my investment in useless ships.

My t-6 fares about the same (Ryujo)  though I for some reason get better MM in it. To just score enough to pay for the Bleeping battle is a mountain near impossible unless investing in flags (money grab ehh?). This is in the Graff Zep is it a total pile or just MM is never gonna work as from the beginning only worse 

it seems now for the premium CVs. Sorry DD guys I DD main in coop and that is for a reason no CV enemy, but as stated that is all the up tiered CV has to do is spot and feed planes to the aa ships. If you have not tried the new CV then you have no reason to rant walk in our shoes first. Now maybe the t-10  CV's balance may be off

I agree they seem really strong unless you have a aa spec ship or are close to other ships for combined aa. Its a new game and balance is not there yet, but I have at last after year and a half, and thousands of games started playing CV. I can see myself playing them a lot if MM was fair it still is horridly broken for t-8 CV's currently.

I agree with others that have stated that the game was getting stale, and needed  something new. I think WOW will finally get it better, and realize you cannot please everyone, you cannot win every battle because to be a winner somebody's got to lose! I forget that lots of times every ship or class has got to have its opposite its counter, and

yes I agree balance and MM now is a mess, but they are WORKING ON IT !! I realize its not going to happen overnight no matter how many keyboards, Mouses I break. 😁

Angry Birds is the best game for you.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The game is pretty broken and so are Carriers....  I've given up Randoms and Ranked.....  COOP and Scenarios for the most part.  We are waiting just a little while longer to see if our host get's their head out of their fourth point-of-contact and fixes the messes they created with Carriers....  If not, this will be WoTs part II.........and, a large group of us will pursue other opportunities...!!!

Ranked will be fine, back with the old CVs where you would oftennsee them in heavy use on Weekends in Randoms, you would rarely see them in Ranked.

Likely will be same thing with Reworked CVs. As a CV do you really want to attack a bunch of AA heavy ships that start out grouped together and can travel innthat manner if needed? Ranked just has always been most unfavorable as a Ranked ship for many reasons.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ranked will be fine, back with the old CVs where you would oftennsee them in heavy use on Weekends in Randoms, you would rarely see them in Ranked.

Likely will be same thing with Reworked CVs. As a CV do you really want to attack a bunch of AA heavy ships that start out grouped together and can travel innthat manner if needed? Ranked just has always been most unfavorable as a Ranked ship for many reasons.

As someone who's reasonably good with carriers I honestly would not want to play them in Ranked. Carriers do best when they have a lot of targets to pick from and a lot of time to work with, Ranked does not have either of these things. Ranked is basically randoms with co-op sized teams, not a good place to play a damage-over-time class like a carrier.

Of course there's another big reason I won't be playing much of this next ranked season, and that's that tier 10 grinding is a soul-sucking realm of pain and misery that I try to visit as seldom as possible.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

As someone who's reasonably good with carriers I honestly would not want to play them in Ranked. Carriers do best when they have a lot of targets to pick from and a lot of time to work with, Ranked does not have either of these things. Ranked is basically randoms with co-op sized teams, not a good place to play a damage-over-time class like a carrier.

Of course there's another big reason I won't be playing much of this next ranked season, and that's that tier 10 grinding is a soul-sucking realm of pain and misery that I try to visit as seldom as possible.

Yeah plus Ranked cap zones tend to be a lot like those in Clan Battles making it so if a team kills the DDs on your team, then they get the majority of cap zones of not all of them. All they have to do is huddle up and wait your CV out, or have a DD sent to spot or torp your CV. Lol CVs are not exactly the best ships to contest a cap zone with if enemy has smoke your odds of hitting them as slim. Not like the planes have hydro or radar in the game. And to top it all off, the tension that Ranked often brings can be focused entirely on your CV resulting in most of the players leaving parting gifts in the form of reports. 

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,061 posts
4 hours ago, PoP_56_61 said:

For me Tier IV and VI are meh! But as the CVs are still undergoing balancing, this may be a reasonable start place. Tier VIII is good but suffers badly when up tiered and seems strong when it is the high tier. Tier X 'seems' strong.

I really believe WG should make CV MM +1/-1 only. I think this could help. :Smile_honoring:

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,548 battles
7 hours ago, Ayanami_Kai_Ni said:

It sure is easy when you can attack with only 3 planes using USN CVs because they're durable enough to make the first attack run and then get swatted from the skies.

Now try a Shokaku.

T8 CV does just fine against T8 ships, maybe T9, but most of the T10 have godly AA, which makes pretty much anything besides USN an RN attack runs useless.

At the same time, T8 CV should be illegal against T6 just because of the AA alone.

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
78 posts
15,559 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

For me Tier IV and VI are meh! But as the CVs are still undergoing balancing, this may be a reasonable start place. Tier VIII is good but suffers badly when up tiered and seems strong when it is the high tier. Tier X 'seems' strong.

I really believe WG should make CV MM +1/-1 only. I think this could help. :Smile_honoring:

Agreed I think from the little play I have so far that CV's are a little weak vs ships I am used to playing it looks like from the posts I am reading I may just be to aggressive to early in the game. I am in a learning curve just throwing out there my experiences so far, and taking in responses to help learn this new ship type for me.

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Like I've said before, Carriers are affected poorly by these changes as well.....  Neither side of this discussion seems to be content with the current "balance" which, really isn't a balance for anyone at all.  DD's can't effectively do what history and this game defines as their roles; and, Carrier can't do what many Carrier drivers envisions as their roles either.....  Or, so it sounds by reading hundreds of threads on these topics.  So, both are not reasonably happy and all suffer.

I'd love to see, at least for our small clan, some semblance of balance return to both affected groups....  Carriers should be able to project a CAP into the tactics of this game and directly fight the other carriers (thereby protecting the tactics of their team !) and DD's need stealth and smoke returned as hard counters to the increased threats that weren't as prevalent before the cruiser line split:  radar and the proliferation of 2x2+ Carriers.....  Not an easy task; but, critical to retention.

And yes, we are "hiding" in Scenarios and COOP till this mess settles down.........because we simply don't play games to be stressed !   We're much too old for that level of chaos and have the time and money to play other games that are and do cooperate with their customers....  So, we'll wait a little bit since we are 'invested' in-game...  For a little while.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Says the unicum that has average damage in the Midway more than twice the over all average. Just because the best players can [edited] and pillage almost at will does not mean the remainder are able to do the same.

But, whom does the game developers and executives listen to?  And why, is a better question......

They want WoWs on consuls and smart phones with arcade micro-transactions; and, to have that, they first have to de evolve the game into that format (a small map, arcade free-for-all FPS.) 

For the normal folk:  it becomes "get use to it" or leave....   And, they could care less either way because they will make money.

Members
729 posts
9,931 battles

I DD main in Random at Tier V so I see Tier IV and Tier VII CV's. My ship has just about no AA defence except bobbing and weaving. 

CV's at this level are fine. Sometimes you get an ace CV player that ruins your game, but that's just the way of things. For the most part it adds some challenge to the game.

I avoid Tier X because the meta is boring for a Shima driver. You have to play a lot more passively because the stakes of getting spotted are burtile and that was before you add in the new CV play style. 

The planes at this level are faster and a lot more deadly.

Kamikaze =  unseen predator 

Shimakaze = unseen predatorXP pinata.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Mexib said:

I DD main in Random at Tier V so I see Tier IV and Tier VII CV's. My ship has just about no AA defence except bobbing and weaving. 

CV's at this level are fine. Sometimes you get an ace CV player that ruins your game, but that's just the way of things. For the most part it adds some challenge to the game.

I avoid Tier X because the meta is boring for a Shima driver. You have to play a lot more passively because the stakes of getting spotted are burtile and that was before you add in the new CV play style. 

The planes at this level are faster and a lot more deadly.

Kamikaze =  unseen predator 

Shimakaze = unseen predatorXP pinata.

That speed is actually a negative for CV's when dealing with DD's and against the AA boats because they almost universally have AA range detection and by the time they render you are one to two kilometers inside their AA.

Members
35 posts
10,555 battles

in real life there was an admiral named tanaka who did well with his destroyers. in real life there was an admiral named sprague who played against the yamato and won. in real life there was an admiral named king who needed to learn that the british understood convoy protection. world of warships is not broken but at least this learning curve does not cost lives.

Members
729 posts
9,931 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

That speed is actually a negative for CV's when dealing with DD's and against the AA boats because they almost universally have AA range detection and by the time they render you are one to two kilometers inside their AA.

Mum, that is interesting, did not know that.

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
78 posts
15,559 battles
On 4/28/2019 at 12:15 AM, Xcalib3r said:

Angry Birds is the best game for you.

I smell a troll.....