You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ozlaar

Leaving WoWs

33 comments in this topic

[TAFFY]
Members
15 posts
8,783 battles

WoWs has been a lot of fun playing the two years I have been here. It is no longer fun playing when during the first 3 min. I loose over half of my HP while playing a DD solely because of CV's even after ALL their fixes. I still can not understand why they changed the CV's with out adding fighter protection for the rest of their fleet. Sorry, I understand why the people who play CV's enjoy them. Simply because they can knockout DD's with one or two passes, an easy kill.  For someone who loves playing DD's this is just not fun. I know the people who play CV's are rolling their eyes right now, but you need to look at it from other players perspective. CV's in their current forum should be removed from the game IMHO. Anyway, I wish the players of WoWs all the best. It's been fun for the most part.

Capt Ozlaar

• Cool 21
  • Boring 6

[HINON]
Members
13,279 posts

Perhaps you should play a little of the new CVs to help you understand how to play around them. You could also put up some replays to get advice on how to improve in the new meta. 

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

Well WOWS, shall we celebrate? I know is a bleed now, its not a good thing. This is deja-vou for me.. OP, I wish you all the best...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

I have been playing DD's a lot since the rework hit and the only DD's I am able to slap around at will are they ones that sail alone with their AA on.

• Cool 2

Members
5,365 posts

Good luck, OP.  Games evolve and change.  If you're not enjoying the changes, find something more fun to you.  Better to do that than hang around here, bitter and lonely.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
2,439 posts
5,379 battles
35 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Perhaps you should play a little of the new CVs to help you understand how to play around them. You could also put up some replays to get advice on how to improve in the new meta. 

I would rather watch grass grow than play a CV.

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,603 posts
15,754 battles

I play CV and DD both. I just make sure I have smoke, AA off while in the open, use islands when I can. 

[STAR]
SuperTest Coordinator
373 posts
11,029 battles

Don't leave, please. If all DDs that sail in straight lines and with AA turned on are gone, I'll be left with pesky DDs that know how to dodge my rockets, dive bombers and torpedoes. Even worse, those ones are horrible to spot and usually are able to sneak up behind me an put a set of torps in my way (as I'm usually sailing in straight lines because I've no hull control while driving the squadrons).

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
1,711 posts
7,942 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ozlaar said:

WoWs has been a lot of fun playing the two years I have been here. It is no longer fun playing when during the first 3 min. I loose over half of my HP while playing a DD solely because of CV's even after ALL their fixes. I still can not understand why they changed the CV's with out adding fighter protection for the rest of their fleet. Sorry, I understand why the people who play CV's enjoy them. Simply because they can knockout DD's with one or two passes, an easy kill.  For someone who loves playing DD's this is just not fun. I know the people who play CV's are rolling their eyes right now, but you need to look at it from other players perspective. CV's in their current forum should be removed from the game IMHO. Anyway, I wish the players of WoWs all the best. It's been fun for the most part.

Capt Ozlaar

Sorry to see you leaving, but hey, if you have not tried it....come on over to PVE/co-op, things are a little different in there and we would love to have another human player.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,277 posts
18,688 battles

Saying such terrible things isn't bravery or honor......doesn't enhance the game.  Isn't and doesn't work to retain players whom are frustrated?  

Games are suppose to be fun...  If as said above is the level of maturity that this game contains, I can see why people are leaving.  

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[QQ7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
89 posts
8,996 battles

To all the people who say evolve or gtfo, you should really learn what the core importance of this game is. Concealment and positioning.

A CV completely ruins this mechanic and provides no option for counterplay against them. They are fundamentally not good for this game. DD has hardly any chance at flanking, or capping with a good CV at helm.

Sure, you can dodge them, but while being spotted, and dodging torps, or rockets or HE bombs you're either dead or crippled for the rest of the match.

Being forced to play passively and not use tactics makes it a extremely one minded game.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[DDM_]
Members
1,559 posts
5,761 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ozlaar said:

Capt Ozlaar

Buh-bye now..............

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,016 posts
22,581 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

[Content Removed]

Ehh he is saying what the old carrier players have been saying about the rework is all. RTS CV play had carrier players fighting one another with airplanes. You could actually shoot down attacking aircraft and protect the fleet. You can no longer do that in any real sense. Dropping off a fighter consumable is just pathetic and is one reason I dumped all my carriers when the rework went live. Seeing carriers with few or no airplane kills is just laughable but as long as any potato can get into a carrier and farm damage without worry about being outplayed by the red carrier, then so be it. 

You are making fun of the OP by saying learn to carrier counterplay in his DD when one of the freaking reasons for the rework is that potatoes could not get outplayed by better carrier players. Potatoes that couldn't bother to put the time or effort into learning how to play RTS CVs and they changed the game just so they could. The whole thing is just a joke, it is just a shame we are losing so many players because of it. 

Edited by Rally_Vincent
  • Cool 1

Members
5,365 posts
2 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

[Content Removed]

Player numbers on the server that I'm seeing are not bearing out that opinion.  Do you have proof that the game is dying?  I don't see any of it.

Yes, the game has changed, and some people are not liking it, but I'm not seeing any huge decline in player numbers on the server in the evenings.  

I'm not going to change your mind.  You see a cup half empty, and that's what you see.  

Good luck.

Edited by Rally_Vincent

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

I play a lot of CV and I also kill a substantial number of aircraft.  I believe the highest I had in public was well into the 50s.  CVs have 9 fighters to drop and 4 on the CV itself.   They are extremely effective at dropping enemy aircraft.   The fighter consumable is the most OP AA component in the game.  It's why CVs rarely go after CVs.  They have the highest AA in the game combined with auto fighters and CV drop fighters on itself.   I know, you don't play CVs, you just want them changed just cuz.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,638 posts
2 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

[Content Removed]

There were 15K players logged on tonight at 9pm CST.  That's the most I have seen in a while.

Edited by Rally_Vincent

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

The worst part is seeing players happy and making joke of other players leaving the game, i mean, the game is loding players and people are happy about that? I wonder if they really like the game... 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There were 15K players logged on tonight at 9pm CST.  That's the most I have seen in a while.

220am and still 7k on 

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles
22 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Player numbers on the server that I'm seeing are not bearing out that opinion.  Do you have proof that the game is dying?  I don't see any of it.

Yes, the game has changed, and some people are not liking it, but I'm not seeing any huge decline in player numbers on the server in the evenings.  

I'm not going to change your mind.  You see a cup half empty, and that's what you see.  

Good luck.

I would make the argument players have adapted or moved on since patch 0.8.0.1 and its not a positive one to date.. Few things

1. Although players reach their "end game" (which can be known as quitting, retiring or taking a break) happens daily on a monthly basis... My main concern is, the number of new players is far less VS those  reaching the end game.
  2. Although, if population numbers manage to maintain, the number of high tier DD divers has gone down.

The analogy I would use is, just because you're use to seeing a river every single day. You cant ignore the warning signs of a river in danger of massive evaporation.

If WOWS is not careful, the bleed (loss) of players will become more evident. By then, the damage is to advance to save face.

Edited by Navalpride33

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
2 minutes ago, Xlap said:

The worst part is seeing players happy and making joke of other players leaving the game, i mean, the game is loding players and people are happy about that? I wonder if they really like the game... 

The issue is that the play style has changed.  That's it.  It's not the old stale game.  It's different, there's more going on, more attention is required, new skills are required.  It's a change -- it's a GOOD change.  It's more enjoyable once the learning curve is overcome.  People coming in w/ old CV play style in mind will find several things, 1) CVs are no longer OP, 2)  More people are playing CV (the point of the rework), 3) new challenges require new skills and strategy, 4) AA is very much relevant now and its use should be considered when equipping ship AND captain options.

People who refuse to learn and adapt are going to have a horrible time.  It's like when a road is closed, and after 20 times of going the same way running into the closed road, you'd think people would learn and just take a different way ..... but nope, must complain that roads closed even though there are several other ways of reaching the destination.  Stale players need to change, the stale game is gone. 

• Meh 1