Herr_Reitz

Marble Machine Conveyor Belt Completed

6 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

It looks very cool but what is it? Is it a player piano?

Sort of, in a way, I suppose... he spins the crank and makes music with it... Some things are fixed, like percussion, some things he can vary, like musical notes, by pulling various levers. I think he can even change cogs to make it sound different. It is sort of a steam-punk design. But all the music you hear is created by the steel balls (marbles he calls them) which are perfectly timed to hit or drop at specific intervals. 

I think it's like crazy insane. 

Members
4,317 posts
4,594 battles

Its an improved version of this design. He plans to be able to swap some wheels around so he'll/you'll be able to play more than one song. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
12 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Sort of, in a way, I suppose... he spins the crank and makes music with it... Some things are fixed, like percussion, some things he can vary, like musical notes, by pulling various levers. I think he can even change cogs to make it sound different. It is sort of a steam-punk design. But all the music you hear is created by the steel balls (marbles he calls them) which are perfectly timed to hit or drop at specific intervals. 

I think it's like crazy insane. 

Its amazing that someone can think of that stuff and see ot in his mind. Its like looking at a stream train.

Just wow.