You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Noob_tiger

FPS drops after patch 0.8.3

23 comments in this topic

[CNSF]
Members
146 posts
13,047 battles

Anyone else has this issue that fps can drop from 60 to 35? Before update 0.8.3, my fps was always 60, all system settings remain the same.

This issue appears more seriously after a few games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Memory: 16G

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
6 minutes ago, Soleluv said:

Anyone else has this issue that fps can drop from 60 to 35? Before update 0.8.3, my fps was always 60, all system settings remain the same.

Some card and same trouble.

Only difference being my processor.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
5 minutes ago, Soleluv said:

[CNSF]
Members
146 posts
13,047 battles
2 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

1060 expires? Just got last black friday...

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
Just now, Soleluv said:

What is this?

A tweaker thing i made today for people like you so you can play with the settings and improve your FPS and other stuff

[CNSF]
Members
146 posts
13,047 battles
1 minute ago, Nato101 said:

A tweaker thing i made today for people like you so you can play with the settings and improve your FPS and other stuff

Perhaps gonna try after I got some information from WG Player Support.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
Just now, Soleluv said:

Perhaps gonna try after I got some information from WG Player Support.

All this thing does is change a couple of settings. It's actually menu-driven so you can choose what you want to change. There's 0 harm in trying it out. You can always put them back to default.

I need people to test and report back.

Members
5,364 posts
35 minutes ago, Soleluv said:

It's not  your GPU.  I've got a 1070, not a 1060, but they're comparable.  I'm running maxed out, no fps drops, fps limited to 100, hovers between 80 and 100 after the patch.  I've got twice the RAM, and a 6 core i7-8700, so my CPU is different.  Could be several things affecting it.

[CNSF]
Members
146 posts
13,047 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

It's not  your GPU.  I've got a 1070, not a 1060, but they're comparable.  I'm running maxed out, no fps drops, fps limited to 100, hovers between 80 and 100 after the patch.  I've got twice the RAM, and a 6 core i7-8700, so my CPU is different.  Could be several things affecting it.

I remember this happened last year when patch 0.7.3 came out, and they fixed it by 0.7.4.

Members
5,364 posts
1 minute ago, Soleluv said:

I remember this happened last year when patch 0.7.3 came out, and they fixed it by 0.7.4.

Well, this patch, though, they went to 64-bit, and got rid of DX 9.  You should probably check your DX setting, and see if setting it lower will help, if it's available.  

[CNSF]
Members
146 posts
13,047 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Well, this patch, though, they went to 64-bit, and got rid of DX 9.  You should probably check your DX setting, and see if setting it lower will help, if it's available.  

Will check dx, thx

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
13 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

45 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

Can yous try the thing I linked earlier?

Members
130 posts
16,497 battles

1050ti not overclocked here.. Just the UL being garbage.. and the start of a game frames drop to zero and go back to normal 70-75fps

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
On 4/27/2019 at 2:03 AM, Nato101 said:

You came out with  this "fix" in like 2015,,, My question is,if it`s really fixing,making game ,more stable (fps wise) how come WG team never changed those values themselves ?? Are they not aware of the fix,,or rather this is not really a fix to most,just for certain hardware configurations ?  

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
8 hours ago, turdjelly said:

You're magical!  Thank you!

No worries mate.

If you could, please take the time to post some feedback, such as your PC setup, issues, and what kind of results you got with the tweaker.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
13 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

You came out with  this "fix" in like 2015,,, My question is,if it`s really fixing,making game ,more stable (fps wise) how come WG team never changed those values themselves ?? Are they not aware of the fix,,or rather this is not really a fix to most,just for certain hardware configurations ?  

I actually posted this in the World of TANKS  forum more than once prior to ships coming out.

I believe that WG want to keep the minimum system requirements for their games as low as possible to cater to as much marketshare as people as possible, particularly Russia, where gaming PCs aren't really affordable.

For example, their minimum ram is stated as 2GB. Adding 16 megabytes of cache just for animations is a significant addition as the 2GB includes stuff other than WOWS.
Then, enabling cache for for effects. No idea how much additional resources this would utilise, but again it would add to the footprint of the game.

The 'fix' works for some, may improve FPS, may improve loading, etc, for others it does nothing. It depends on the players' individual setup.

• Cool 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
13 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

I actually posted this in the World of TANKS  forum more than once prior to ships coming out.

I believe that WG want to keep the minimum system requirements for their games as low as possible to cater to as much marketshare as people as possible, particularly Russia, where gaming PCs aren't really affordable.

For example, their minimum ram is stated as 2GB. Adding 16 megabytes of cache just for animations is a significant addition as the 2GB includes stuff other than WOWS.
Then, enabling cache for for effects. No idea how much additional resources this would utilise, but again it would add to the footprint of the game.

The 'fix' works for some, may improve FPS, may improve loading, etc, for others it does nothing. It depends on the players' individual setup.

Thx. So caching effects means pre loading those into system memory ? Or  graphic card memory ? I have pretty solid fps(60) but once in awhile,,when too many things happening around my ship, in close proximity ,(2 bbs brawling,dds torping, AA ,planes etc,),it can drop significantly ,and i`m sure that`s do to the  so many effects on the screen ,,,so i might give it a try(your fix)....than again,,,it`s not an every day behavior ,,mainly because most games does not have that much action anymore..... :-(  

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
3 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Thx. So caching effects means pre loading those into system memory ? Or  graphic card memory ? I have pretty solid fps(60) but once in awhile,,when too many things happening around my ship, in close proximity ,(2 bbs brawling,dds torping, AA ,planes etc,),it can drop significantly ,and i`m sure that`s do to the  so many effects on the screen ,,,so i might give it a try(your fix)....than again,,,it`s not an every day behavior ,,mainly because most games does not have that much action anymore..... :-(  

I assume that caching would mean keeping them in memory after they are used once. So you may get an initial drop on a new effect, but after that it should be good. They'd be saved in your system memory.

And you're absolutely right. Too many effects/animations at once and the I/O requests will pile up and your frames will drop whilst the game waits for them to load.

Caching should get rid of that at the expense of more RAM usage, which is no problem if you have a lot of it.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,734 posts
11,719 battles

I've had the opposite problem. However i changed some of the settings on the wargaming game center to not upload files.

However, I don't know if your running the legacy launcher or the gaming center.

Members
1 post
3,642 battles

Temporary fix. Go to power options, display, graphics settings then locate your \bin\World_of_Warships64.exe or 32.exe which ever you use. Add them then click options and change to HIGH PERFORMANCE. This will increase your FPS for the time being until they release a fix.

Capture.thumb.PNG.764425df247eb5c650b8276c03ad77b5.PNG