Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warlock_xxxx

Huge flux in FPS since last patch

11 comments in this topic

[GREIF]
Members
253 posts
4,646 battles

Anyone else?

since the last patch I am getting an extreme drop in FPS when I switch viewing modes while in game or in port.  It usually occurs when I scroll from a wide angle view of a ship to a close up view.  I'll get a drop of my average 40 to 60-fps down to 5 to 10-fps.  Not a big deal in port...but during a match its down right painful.  It only started occurring after this latest patch.   

Beta Testers
86 posts
21,404 battles

Yes , I have had this problem also. Only hope they get this fixed as it has cause me several in game issues.

[RDS-A]
Members
9 posts
9,259 battles

It looks like my 144 Hz monitor was somehow stuck on 60 Hz after the latest nVidia driver update. I had to reboot, disable G-Sync, select 144 Hz for the refresh rate, and then enable G-Sync again. My stuttering and low FPS went away after that.

[PHU]
Beta Testers
98 posts
7,064 battles

Also experiencing the same problem, I was on a stable 55-60 fps but now I'm getting drops to 30 when I zoom in in battle.

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
26 posts
12,680 battles

I'm having the same type of issues / problems.

But I'm also being kicked out of game more than ever before. 

Getting to be no fun and lots of other games don't have these issues.

[GREIF]
Members
253 posts
4,646 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 5:18 PM, LaserAngel said:

It looks like my 144 Hz monitor was somehow stuck on 60 Hz after the latest nVidia driver update. I had to reboot, disable G-Sync, select 144 Hz for the refresh rate, and then enable G-Sync again. My stuttering and low FPS went away after that.

Thanks Laser.  Checked Radeon settings for my system.  Everything is updated to the most current.  WoWs is apparently auto optimized at 60 fps.  Yet I keep an FPS that looks like a EKG when I use the mouse wheel to change view settings on on ship.   When I scroll in I get a extreme drop in FPS from certain view perspectives.  Happens in both Port and in-match.  Something screwy with the last patch as this just started happening.  

I'll try submitting a ticket, but I've never had much luck with WoWs tech staff.  Always a canned response -- Are your drivers update -- have you blown the dust off your fans recently.  Amazingly irritating considering how much money i "invest" into this game.  

Edited by warlock_xxxx

[SQDC]
Members
7 posts
10,727 battles

I got the same issue, since the last patch, framedrop to 23-30 fps when some action in game. I remove my mod, same think, do clean install, (for the first time since 2015 lol), i always got the issue. And , my cpu is mas 60% (peak of 80-85% when i stream) same for my memory never full use , and same for my graphique card ..so ..i think the game have i little probleme since the patch in 64 bit ...

[MAD-1]
Members
1 post
2,931 battles

I am having the same issue. I found out that the problem is when thew game need to show any new ships and get there stats from the hard drive. It will make the hard drive peak and the fps drop too. I was playing a co-op game were the ships was not seen on the red side and i was getting fps drops. Once all the ships was seen and the loaded the fps drops stop and i was able to play.

Sign in to follow this