You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

PSA: Tech tree sales this weekend

37 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,447 battles

I haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere, but the entire Japanese tech tree and the Pan Asian tech tree is in sale right now.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

Pan Asian tree is a trap right now, because of all the CVs and then having the worst T10 in the game doesn't help things...

actually, come to think of it, the T8PADD is also pretty awful

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere, but the entire Japanese tech tree and the Pan Asian tech tree is in sale right now.

Thanks ... have a couple I've been thinking about (Nagato, Gadja Mada) ... now just need to get more XP so I don't deplete my Free stash.

Edited by DocWalker

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,644 posts
4,350 battles

Thank you.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,077 posts
14,317 battles

A pity I've only just started the grinds on the ones I've got. 

[KWF]
Members
4,370 posts
6,405 battles
33 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

There are other priorities, these premium containers won't sell by themselves you know :Smile_hiding:.

Pretty weird how not even the April Missions page  states anything about it.

Edited by warheart1992

[YORHA]
Members
4,998 posts
9,992 battles

I was tempted to pick up the entire IJN Cruiser line (Credits and FXP are no problem) but I realized I already have about  have about 100 ships that I never play.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
16 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I was tempted to pick up the entire IJN Cruiser line (Credits and FXP are no problem) but I realized I already have about  have about 100 ships that I never play.

What's wrong with another 15?

[YORHA]
Members
4,998 posts
9,992 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

What's wrong with another 15?

Port is stupid laggy already.  15 more would probably kill it.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
5 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Port is stupid laggy already.  15 more would probably kill it.

I'm at about 160 and it's not terrible.  And adding signals is a bit easier now.

[YORHA]
Members
4,998 posts
9,992 battles
16 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

I'm at about 160 and it's not terrible.  And adding signals is a bit easier now.

Well.. 175 now and I really don't need any more so...  

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles

Is there a way to add tech tree ships without logging into the port? My PC with WoWS is in the shop and I am pretty sure my laptop will not run it so I see no point in loading the game on it. 

I am at T5 CA and t3 DD so getting a ship or two may be a thing. I play PvE so CVs  are not a problem yet, though no game PC is.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
9 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Is there a way to add tech tree ships without logging into the port? My PC with WoWS is in the shop and I am pretty sure my laptop will not run it so I see no point in loading the game on it. 

I am at T5 CA and t3 DD so getting a ship or two may be a thing. I play PvE so CVs  are not a problem yet, though no game PC is.

No.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Looks like the sale is running until Sun, May 5th as there is a 1W 2D note under it. I checked the US, RU, KM, UK, and FR and none of them have sales.

It is -15% on the T8+ ships, which is what you can get with a fully researched Clan Shipbuilding Yard. 

I don't have any open low tier ships, so I can not tell you what their prices are. They are usually -30% to -50% depending on tier.

fO6fyne.jpgXYofP0x.jpg

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles

Doubloons to Credits are buffed as well. 1:2000 instead of 1:1500. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT do this unless you are desparate for credits and have tons of doubloons doing nothing.

nRlFNqM.jpg

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Looks like the sale is running until Sun, May 5th as there is a 1W 2D note under it. I checked the US, RU, KM, UK, and FR and none of them have sales.

It is -15% on the T8+ ships, which is what you can get with a fully researched Clan Shipbuilding Yard. 

I don't have any open low tier ships, so I can not tell you what their prices are. They are usually -30% to -50% depending on tier.

fO6fyne.jpgXYofP0x.jpg

Cool, I might have my PC.back by then. 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
4 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Might want to change your title to PSA Golden Week tech tree sales and Missions or something like that.

Golden Week Fri, Apr 26th to very early morning Mon, May 6th.

So during this period there are some interesting Missions and Sales going on.

DABkFNe.jpg

Golden week Mission T5+ ships

Stage 1 is 50k Cmdr XP and 2M credits in Random, Ranked, and/or Co-op for 5 India Delta and 5 Sierra Mike flags. 

Stage 2 is  12.5k base XP and 2M credits in Random, Ranked, and/or Co-op for 5 India X-Ray and 5 November Echo Setteseven flags. 

Final reward is one each Mosaic, Asian Lantern and Spring Sky one-use camos

Period of enlightened peace T5+ ships

Destroy 2 ships in Random, Ranked, Scenario, and/or Co-op for one day of WoWs premium time.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,038 posts
13,304 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

5% on the T8+ ships, which is what you can get with a fully researched Clan Shipbuilding Yard. 

So everyone understands: it doesn't "stack" with the clan discounts...15% off is what you get, so, if your clan is already there, the sale doesn't provide a benefit.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
21 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So everyone understands: it doesn't "stack" with the clan discounts...15% off is what you get, so, if your clan is already there, the sale doesn't provide a benefit.

This^^

You get the clan benefit or sale benefit, which ever is greater.

[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles
33 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Oh I see what they did there, sneaky.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,038 posts
13,304 battles
2 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Help me out there, I don't see it myself....ummmm, never mind. Sleep deficit coupled with caffeine deficit does that.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles
2 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:
36 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,447 battles

The clan bonus also works in reverse, you buy at a discount and you *sell* at a discount as well.  I just as soon wait for in game sales since they can be better, you don’t sell at a discount and that oil spent on the clan building can be spent on other, better things.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
21 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The clan bonus also works in reverse, you buy at a discount and you *sell* at a discount as well.  I just as soon wait for in game sales since they can be better, you don’t sell at a discount and that oil spent on the clan building can be spent on other, better things.

All our co-op clan has left is the final part of the coal building and the last two parts of the steel building. Having an all the time -15% is nice so you don't have to wait for a sale.