You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
groundace

Battle Carrier ;v

11 comments in this topic

Members
89 posts
6,040 battles

Keep in mind my experience doing this is with primarily Hakuryu and Enterprise.

Anyone else put their carrier like into the fray? Like literally up there with your battleships and cruisers, in Co-op it's seemed surprisingly effective since fires don't seem to last too long "I can't burn if I've already turned on the water sprinklers ;p" and for unknown reasons the bots seems to auto switch to he if the cv is spotted, even if the shells are in the tube kinda like having the enemy the get a double long reload.

While I'm not saying you should do it in the same way as yoloing mid on two brothers ends in the deep end of the pool more often than success. but when you see a midway rushing ahead(!) of your ship secondary dueling a enemy bb and live (yes it was as strange as it sounds). and when you mvp save a low health ally by diverting fire. Just saying we cv's have armor and hp too ;p

Anyway meme post over ;v

[WOLFG]
Members
9,546 posts
8,473 battles

I have seen the T6 RN carrier rolling in to get cap points in epicenter before.  The guy even got a secondary kill on a BB.

GZ's also like to work close to get some secondary work in.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles

I've seen a couple good CV players get pretty close to the battle line to cycle planes faster, but only if there is sufficient island cover (and they're fairly certain the flank isn't going to melt). Hakuryu and Graf Zeppelin are especially dangerous due to their secondaries. I watched a Hakuryu blast a near full health Grozovoi out of the water just yesterday.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,147 posts

Nobody remembers the Kaga, literally a Carrier squatting on top of a Battleship.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
108 posts
4,044 battles

I love taking my GZ into the thick of the fight at the end of the battle. Her secondaries can really rack-up some damage and I've also gotten a couple of ram kills and survived to keep playing in two games!

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
11 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Nobody remembers the Kaga, literally a Carrier squatting on top of a Battleship.

I'm not sure I've seen a Kaga stroll up to the battle lines, nor am I familiar with her secondary loadout.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,971 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I have seen the T6 RN carrier rolling in to get cap points in epicenter before.  The guy even got a secondary kill on a BB.

The Furious occasionally regresses to the good old days, when it was a light battlecruiser with a flying-off deck forward, a citadel-smashing murder machine aft, and 5.5 inch gun turrets and torpedo tubes everywhere.

Members
1,935 posts
9,155 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Furious occasionally regresses to the good old days, when it was a light battlecruiser with a flying-off deck forward, a citadel-smashing murder machine aft, and 5.5 inch gun turrets and torpedo tubes everywhere.

I'd really like to see the Corageous class added to game at some point. Could be pretty interesting at tier 5 if the secondaries were given sufficient range and RoF to make up for only having 2 main turrets. Could even model the torps Mutsu style. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,971 posts
14,258 battles
6 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I'd really like to see the Corageous class added to game at some point. Could be pretty interesting at tier 5 if the secondaries were given sufficient range and RoF to make up for only having 2 main turrets. Could even model the torps Mutsu style. 

Too few main guns. I would prefer to see them at Tier 4, with the reduced number of barrels acting as the balancing factor... and with the option of selecting a B carrier hull that gave them Tier 4 airplanes, or maybe the Furious's stock planes to make them a low-tier British Saipan.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,935 posts
9,155 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Too few main guns. I would prefer to see them at Tier 4, with the reduced number of barrels acting as the balancing factor... and with the option of selecting a B carrier hull that gave them Tier 4 airplanes, or maybe the Furious's stock planes to make them a low-tier British Saipan.

15s at tier 4 would be too strong, even with just 4 of them. Myogi can do nasty things with her 6 14s... and 15s can bow pen tier 4 and 5 BBs.

Tier 5 would be fine, just give it a 25s reload and Graf Spee accuracy. 

Furious' single 18 would be hilarious, if it could hit anything. This game really needs a version of the KV-2, something to derp the crap out of people with HE.

Edited by Gen_Saris

[ARGSY]
Members
19,971 posts
14,258 battles
9 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Furious' single 18 would be hilarious, if it could hit anything.

Give us the intended form, with 18's front and rear (I read somewhere that the barbette was actually still there under the flight deck; if necessary, they could have taken the deck off in the dockyard and inserted the gun into the turret.) Put a 40 second reload and original QE turret rotation on it, with Mikasa dispersion. Then put her in at T4 for a patch and see what happens.