Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Feclez

Fix the MM in the game

15 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles

People getting tonns of T10 match's in T8 ships at a rate of about 90% of the time

Although I like to test myself out against higher calibre ships etc as it makes me play smarter/wiser and careful

Its getting frustrating and tiring never getting either T8 match's nor T8 top tier match's

MM seriously needs looking at, being near every T10 match from selecting T8 ships seems to have at least 2/3 or 4 T8 ships.... Make the T10 games for T9/10 (this would also take the load off CV hate being no double T8/10 CV match's which still happen). It might mean a slight longer match making at T10 but it would mean an even playing field there with top tier against top tier.

T8's would then have only T6-9 match's making them reliable mid/top tier games instead of being bottom feeders to the top tier all the time

The -/+ 2 works at lower to mid Tiers but as you go up in both tier/experience you expect some sort of better play hence the MM change needed. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,200 posts
16,923 battles

Yes, we'd all like to see a better match maker. We're not going to get it. 

1hrtw2.jpg

When you're low tier just play more cautiously and don't be the first person spotted. 

Members
1,660 posts

I stopped playing Tier VIII for this very reason.  Perhaps more importantly, I stopped purchasing Tier VIII ships because of this.

There are some great Tier VIII ships out there, but the playing experience MM gives you just grinds you down.

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,359 posts
15,301 battles

I just played 4 battles in my Bis as you posted this and you are correct; it gets tiring after just a little while. Its worse than before.

Edited by Ericson38

[IRNBN]
Members
3,410 posts
9,849 battles
1 hour ago, Feclez said:

People getting tonns of T10 match's in T8 ships at a rate of about 90% of the time

Although I like to test myself out against higher calibre ships etc as it makes me play smarter/wiser and careful

Its getting frustrating and tiring never getting either T8 match's nor T8 top tier match's

MM seriously needs looking at, being near every T10 match from selecting T8 ships seems to have at least 2/3 or 4 T8 ships.... Make the T10 games for T9/10 (this would also take the load off CV hate being no double T8/10 CV match's which still happen). It might mean a slight longer match making at T10 but it would mean an even playing field there with top tier against top tier.

T8's would then have only T6-9 match's making them reliable mid/top tier games instead of being bottom feeders to the top tier all the time

The -/+ 2 works at lower to mid Tiers but as you go up in both tier/experience you expect some sort of better play hence the MM change needed.

T8 is considered fodder and filler for T10 matches. It keeps the cash register ringing.

The only T8's I play any more are the Kutuzov and Prinz Eugen. Otherwise it's Hindy, DM, Zao, and Whooshter all the way.

Tier 7 is, for me, the happy place for ships below T10. Loves me some Boise.

[KWF]
Members
4,388 posts
6,405 battles
11 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

T8 is considered fodder and filler for T10 matches. It keeps the cash register ringing.

The only T8's I play any more are the Kutuzov and Prinz Eugen. Otherwise it's Hindy, DM, Zao, and Whooshter all the way.

It's silly though how this has come to become the norm. Tier VIII has some of the most famous and historical ships as well as the most "proper" credit earning premiums. It's the tier where supposedly WG should get most profits from premium ship sales, yet lately it has become even worse. If they made the upcoming Ranked tier VIII would have been a good breather, even with the CVs around.

Members
32 posts
11,518 battles

The match making is hurting the game big time. Each tier should see only one tier up from them, and only 1 CV per game no matter what tier.

Wargaming must do this. I think people have stop playing the game because of this.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

The only T8's I play any more are the Kutuzov and Prinz Eugen.

Mogami and Atago for me, both of which I still enjoy immensely.

[OVRPN]
Members
746 posts

I am always impressed when my T8 lands in a T10 that it seems there are never any T9s. It is like it matches the lowest tier of the range first.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

It's silly though how this has come to become the norm. Tier VIII has some of the most famous and historical ships as well as the most "proper" credit earning premiums. It's the tier where supposedly WG should get most profits from premium ship sales, yet lately it has become even worse. If they made the upcoming Ranked tier VIII would have been a good breather, even with the CVs around.

I agree with this 100% !!!!

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles
3 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

I am always impressed when my T8 lands in a T10 that it seems there are never any T9s. It is like it matches the lowest tier of the range first.

Yes if you play a tier 9 ship your in less tier 10 games that a tier 8 ship it's strange .

Edited by clammboy

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
775 posts
12,274 battles

Agreed, T8 is a dark place.  More importantly, Never, Ever, buy a T8 Premium.  Maybe WG will finally get the message.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

What makes the Kutuzov and Eugen pretty decent tier 8 cruisers to play, even in tier 10 battles, and a cruiser like the Atago less so is the max range of the guns, and how that max range affects that cruiser's ability to dodge incoming shells.  The first two tier 8 cruisers have main gun ranges in excess of 17 km, while the Atago's gun range is less than 16 km.  It does make a difference in the flight time of incoming shells, which is a big deal when you're trying to dodge incoming shells.

[FURHQ]
Beta Testers
2 posts
5,230 battles

I've been keeping track of my games, and whether or not I was top, middle, or bottom tier. Out of the last 30 battles, I was bottom tier over 50% of the time. And this isn't just tier VIII ships, this is everything from tier IV to VIII, with most battles in a tier VI. The actual spread of battles, over the last 30 played was : 

Top Tier : 6
Middle Tier : 9
Bottom Tier : 16

Battles with only a 1 tier spread are counted as being middle tier, regardless of if I'm top or bottom. Battles with only a single tier playing are counted as top tier. Battles with fewer than 8 players per team are not counted at all.

I'll continue to keep track, just in case somehow I'm just in a slump and it evens out over time, but I somehow doubt it will.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,410 posts
9,849 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 7:38 AM, fourteenfour said:

I am always impressed when my T8 lands in a T10 that it seems there are never any T9s.

Tech tree T9's have always been low-profile. Most T9 tech tree ships seem like they're meant to be the last cow patty in the meadow you have to step over to reach the pot 'o gold at the end of the rainbow. There are notable exceptions like Fletcher (my only T9 "keeper", but most T9 tech tree ships leave much to be desired compared to T10's. People tend to grind past them as fast as they can.

Sign in to follow this