You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Amracil

0.8.3. Replays Not Recording

11 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
943 posts
14,343 battles

Not sure why, but after the 0.8.3 update today I am not getting any game replay files at all. The last few updates have created their own 0.8.0, 0.8.1, and 0.8.2 folders, storing replays in the proper place. With this update, nothing. I am using the Modstation and have "Replay Enabled" checked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respects,

Am

Community Department
2,828 posts
823 battles
9 hours ago, Amracil said:

Not sure why, but after the 0.8.3 update today I am not getting any game replay files at all. The last few updates have created their own 0.8.0, 0.8.1, and 0.8.2 folders, storing replays in the proper place. With this update, nothing. I am using the Modstation and have "Replay Enabled" checked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respects,

Am

I guess the only issue is in Modstation, because replays are working fine with this update. No bugs were reported and confirmed so far. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
943 posts
14,343 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

I guess the only issue is in Modstation, because replays are working fine with this update. No bugs were reported and confirmed so far. 

Thanks for the reply. I will deactivate this in Modstation and see if that solves the problem. 

Respects,

Am

[EGO]
Members
9 posts
2,179 battles
8 hours ago, turbo07 said:

So I've tried that. I un-installed my mods and relaunched the game into vanilla, afterwords I attempted to watch a replay and it won't work.
Out of frustration I also tried the "check and repair" feature to see if I was missing any game files. Says everything is fine.

Still won't work... any thoughts?   

[-BRS-]
Members
1,095 posts
5,792 battles

No replays being saved for me either.  I will try changing something in modstation. 

Went into Modstation and deselected enable, now they are saving in the replay folder.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[CPX]
Members
7 posts
4,523 battles

I found my replay files but do not know what file I use to launch them in Windows 10 Pro. When I select it, it asks me what app\file I want to use.

Can someone tell me where\what file it is to play them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

NOTELLN

[CPX]
Members
7 posts
4,523 battles

And, boy, it sure would be nice if we could toggle the mini map on and off; and not just zoom in or out. My old eyes struggle and the current method of manipulation is a pain in the bilge pump (+ or -).

Edited by NOTELLN

[EGO]
Members
9 posts
2,179 battles

I have a solution for watching replays in 0.8.3.1
I put a ticket into WG and after a few days they gave me a working method.

1. Open the game folder: D:\Games\World of Warships\World_of_Warships_NA\
2. Open the folder named "bin32" (or "bin64") and find the file WorldOfWarships32.exe (or WorldOfWarships64.exe)
3. Drag the .replay file you need on the WorldOfWarships32.exe (or WorldOfWarships64.exe) and check for the problem

[-BRS-]
Members
1,095 posts
5,792 battles
On 4/27/2019 at 5:41 PM, NOTELLN said:

I found my replay files but do not know what file I use to launch them in Windows 10 Pro. When I select it, it asks me what app\file I want to use.

Can someone tell me where\what file it is to play them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

NOTELLN

46 minutes ago, TheR3dRebel said:

I have a solution for watching replays in 0.8.3.1
I put a ticket into WG and after a few days they gave me a working method.

1. Open the game folder: D:\Games\World of Warships\World_of_Warships_NA\
2. Open the folder named "bin32" (or "bin64") and find the file WorldOfWarships32.exe (or WorldOfWarships64.exe)
3. Drag the .replay file you need on the WorldOfWarships32.exe (or WorldOfWarships64.exe) and check for the problem

You can either create a shortcut to world of warships on your desktop, then drag close the game down and drag a replay file onto the game icon (or game's exe).  What is even easier is right click on a replay file select "open with" and then choose another app/program, then you navigate to world of warships game exe.  If you check "always use this program to open", then you can simply double click on any replay and it will open.

wowsreplaaaay.png

wowsreplaay.jpg

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[EGO]
Members
9 posts
2,179 battles
2 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

You can either create a shortcut to world of warships on your desktop, then drag close the game down and drag a replay file onto the game icon (or game's exe).  What is even easier is right click on a replay file select "open with" and then choose another app/program, then you navigate to world of warships game exe.  If you check "always use this program to open", then you can simply double click on any replay and it will open.

wowsreplaaaay.png

wowsreplaay.jpg

Yes I know that. But in 0.8.3.1 It was getting stuck after launching it the "normal" way after hitting "connect" and it wouldn't log in to watch the replay. For people who are having the same problem they can see my solution 

[CPX]
Members
7 posts
4,523 battles

I have the same problem. I drag it to the exe file and it just sticks in the synchronization screen and never plays.