You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

St Louis vs Charleston

12 comments in this topic

[5D2]
Members
147 posts
7,724 battles

St Louis vs Charleston. Is there any different between the two ships? they seem the same in terms of technical specs and game play.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,369 battles

There are small differences - I want to say St. Louis can fire further? But it's extremely minimal. 

You buy a Charleston because you like the St. Louis' gameplay, want a premium version, and want the Charleston's cool alternate camo (which is blue, as I recall [though I wish she had a Great White Fleet option]). That's pretty much it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
15 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

There are small differences - I want to say St. Louis can fire further? But it's extremely minimal. 

You buy a Charleston because you like the St. Louis' gameplay, want a premium version, and want the Charleston's cool alternate camo (which is blue, as I recall [though I wish she had a Great White Fleet option]). That's pretty much it.

I think blue is wrong and that they got the going to war gray the US ships of that era would be repainted to in the case of war wrong.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,340 posts
5,284 battles

Charleston has a longer ruddershift time, a fancy camo (blue, or white if you complete the US Cruiser collection), and can get a new captain without retraining. That's it. Those those three things are the only differences between the ships, and only one of them really effects performance.

[TDRB]
Members
2,989 posts
8,986 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think blue is wrong and that they got the going to war gray the US ships of that era would be repainted to in the case of war wrong.

Mine has to color options one is a blue/gray. But the 2 ships are very close where it counts. The benefits of a premium is why I have the Charleston & I had a lot of coal at that time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Mine has to color options one is a blue/gray. But the 2 ships are very close where it counts. The benefits of a premium is why I have the Charleston & I had a lot of coal at that time.

I haven't gotten her yet and I should being the ship collector, cough, cough, hoarder that I am.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,393 posts
2,982 battles
32 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Charleston has a longer ruddershift time, a fancy camo (blue, or white if you complete the US Cruiser collection), and can get a new captain without retraining. That's it. Those those three things are the only differences between the ships, and only one of them really effects performance.

Isn't there a half second reload diff as well? Doesn't matter, they're essentially the same. I have both, now I can just use my high tier cruiser captains to seal club in a St Louis.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,340 posts
5,284 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Isn't there a half second reload diff as well? Doesn't matter, they're essentially the same. I have both, now I can just use my high tier cruiser captains to seal club in a St Louis.

Nope, just the ruddershift time. Taken straight from the Mouse's review.

[-ARP-]
Members
630 posts
13,231 battles

You buy Charleston to put your 19pt Atlanta captain in it for "balans" comrade

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
130 posts
10,898 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I want to say St. Louis can fire further? But it's extremely minimal. 

This is correct. St. Louis has a firing range of 12.5km, whereas Charleston has a firing range of 12.4km.

The rudder shift difference, as others have pointed out, is the main difference.  Rudder shift on the St. Louis is 6.4s.  Rudder shift on the Charleston is 8.5s