You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ihsasum

Yamato VS Kleber

16 comments in this topic

[ZAOAI]
Members
106 posts
37,768 battles

test result: its possible to hit 55 knot french DD at ~13,14 km with slow velocity shells. but you need to have good aim and at least 1920x1080 resolution. anything lower than that is impossible.

In this game, i fired 2 salvos at Kleber. picture 1 is how much i have to lead. picture 2 is the result of 1st salvo and picture 3 is the 2nd salvo.

Therefore, i think Yamato, Montanta, Izumo and Repulique will have the eaziest time hitting Kleber.

shot-19.04.26_09.52.22-0707.jpg

shot-19.04.26_09.52.30-0612.jpg

shot-19.04.26_09.53.36-0330.jpg

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,332 battles

For a moment I thought Yamato had declared war on Keebler Elves and chocolate chip cookies.

• Funny 1

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles
3 minutes ago, ihsasum said:

Yamato and Repulique

Where can I get these versions of Yamato and Republique that everyone always goes on about. I swear whenever I'm in these I can barely hit the water it seems. I swear I have an easier time landing shots in my GK. Although that may be due to the sheer number of guns the GK has and the fact that I consider myself just dicking around if I'm further than 13k or 14k away from the enemy in my GK.

[WOLF2]
Members
236 posts
6,168 battles

I saw one of those Klebers earlier today in my Des Moines...he pushed the far west flank and was raining hell down on that side of the map. What really surprised me was that his gun range was either equivalent to mine (15.8km) or further, as he was still plinking the stern of my ship with HE...while I was out of gun range of him! I suppose he had an AFT/GFCS Mod 2 build, t'was absurd!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

It's a pretty cool example of the flaw with "speed tanking."  It's all fine and dandy until you run into someone that knows how to aim.

Hello Le Terrible.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,346 posts
11,851 battles
17 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

For a moment I thought Yamato had declared war on Keebler Elves and chocolate chip cookies.

[SPTR]
Members
26,753 posts
13,512 battles

Interesting guess I'll stay an excess of over 13.14km away from any BB when I get my Kleber and drive like im playing Cubefield, the BB players are evolving and adapting well />.\\

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's a pretty cool example of the flaw with "speed tanking."  It's all fine and dandy until you run into someone that knows how to aim.

Hello Le Terrible.

Speed tanking works when you change speed, instead of sailing in a straight line or meandering straight line.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
295 posts
6,655 battles

The speed is something.  I have seen in certain maps that this is game breaking.

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,211 battles
25 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Speed tanking works when you change speed, instead of sailing in a straight line or meandering straight line.

It also helps to disengage the guy who actually knows how to shoot and go pick on someone who doesn't.

I do that all the time. Oh you can shoot? I'll go dark, pick on your buddy a bit, then start on you again after you're distracted. :Smile_trollface:

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,944 posts
11,237 battles

I don't understand how resolution plays a part in this. If you're implying you can't see the ship when zoomed in, you can always zoom out one or 2 ticks. You can hit the ship btw, plus CVS make its life hell

[PWH]
Members
139 posts
5,840 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 7:23 PM, HTSMetal said:

I saw one of those Klebers earlier today in my Des Moines...he pushed the far west flank and was raining hell down on that side of the map. What really surprised me was that his gun range was either equivalent to mine (15.8km) or further, as he was still plinking the stern of my ship with HE...while I was out of gun range of him! I suppose he had an AFT/GFCS Mod 2 build, t'was absurd!

Only requires aft to out range a des. Has a base range of 13.6. Adf gets it up to 16.3, which is better then a Zao by 0.07. GFCS gets it up to 18.5 though i doubt it could hit anything at that range.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

That's one thing that really bothers me about the game - being forced to zoom out to make difficult shots against fast ships.

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,661 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Hello Le Terrible.

vive Le France...

Members
3,187 posts
4,322 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, slokill_1 said:

Yamato won that a long time ago. That's where she gets all that extra tonnage from

• Funny 1