Sign in to follow this  
berzzerkerz

WoW Mac Client Crashes Immediately after Opening from Launch Window

10 comments in this topic

[XU]
Members
5 posts
552 battles

After the most recent update, Launcher runs fine when WoW application is opened. However, once "Play" is pressed to open client, nothing happens. (Launcher closes and nothing follows). This means the client is crashing immediately upon opening. Does anyone know of a solution to this? I know WoW is not really supported on Mac, but I would like to take a chance at a solution.

-berzzerkerz

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,142 posts
21,318 battles

There is a whole thread on it. They released a beta version of WGC that has helped a few players.. Here is a link to the thread. 

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
3,727 battles

I opened a ticket with CodeWeavers regarding this problem. Launcher opens successfully but when Play is pressed, the app immediately terminates. The following message is written to system.log:
Apr 25 16:49:32 MacMini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.codeweavers.worldofwarships.9544[871]): Service exited with abnormal code: 4

Let's see what they have to say about it.

[XU]
Members
5 posts
552 battles

Thank you very much for this, I must have missed it on my searches for solutions. Before I only installed WoW directly from the WG site, I did not have a game center. I will post after I test it out, still downloading via the Mac Game Center.

[BOATC]
Members
336 posts
9,088 battles

The test client seems to resolve the issue I was having where my CV drop indicators weren't functioning, but framerate seems to be absolutely cut in half.

[XU]
Members
5 posts
552 battles

I just finished downloading the test client. I was successfully able to enter into the game. I am not sure about the frame rate or CV drop indicators.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,142 posts
21,318 battles

I just want to caution all my fellow Mac players NOT to spend any money on Wargaming products since at any time their games may become unplayable for us.

• Cool 1

[XU]
Members
5 posts
552 battles

Thank you, Taylor, for the warning and also the link to the tread you posted earlier! I agree with you, although I did not buy 24 hours of premium, I won one by completing the Operation of the Week yesterday. However, I was unable to play during that duration because of the client issue. It's all good though, just happy I can enter the game again.

Sign in to follow this