You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

My computer system

58 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

Just double checking the facts before I sign off for who know how long... maybe for good.

My computer has Windows 7 Home Premium... it's 64 bit

cpu is Intel Pentium (R) P6000 1.87 Ghz

4.00 Gig RAM

I'm not sure about the graphics properties... it's a Dell Inspiron apparently from 2009

With the new update, is it time to just hang it up?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles

That computer's ancient by almost any standard.  9 years is a LONG time in the gaming world.

You won't be able to play online games on that computer, anyway in another 9 months, roughly, when Windows 7 goes end of life, no more patches, etc.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,197 battles

I'd be looking for a replacement. I dont even wanna think about the clock speed on that ram.

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

Sorry, I am of the working poor... buying a new pc is out for me.

I guess if my system can't handle the update, it can't... and I'll regretably have to sign off.

wish I had options... but I don't so... se la vi

[OO7]
Members
5,208 posts
12,009 battles

Save your coffee money and look for a newer used system. That would be my advice. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

well,10yo hardware(CPU/RAM) itself can still run most games just fine,,as long as the hard drives, graphic cards etc are updated,not talking about mobile processors/laptops of course.... My rig still has the first gen i7 intel cpu,with the triple channel memory..... and i can play all games...if not ultra,but still on high settings... WoW on high ..

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Save your coffee money and look for a newer used system. That would be my advice. 

^^^^^^absolutely the way to go... one can pick up a 4th-5th gen intel I7 system(cpu/ram) for like $150-200,,add a RX580-590 card,perhaps a SSD ,,,,still under $500....for the setup....

[EQRN]
Members
1,311 posts
12,240 battles

I had a pretty crappy system, and it was 32bit Win 7 - I could play at most 2 randoms before it crashed, so I just restarted the client every 2 games.  Upgrading to 64bit Win10 (free except the flash drive I had to get to put the Windows image on to boot) and bumping RAM (cheapo PC2100) to 9G did wonders.  I did upgrade the video card and install Win 10 on an SSD,  but I don’t believe these had as big an impact as the OS and memory upgrade.  I think WG has a memory leak problem that large amounts of RAM hides.  If you have some unused DIMM slots, you might see what more (if you can get it cheap) can do for you.

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,197 battles
6 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

Sorry, I am of the working poor... buying a new pc is out for me.

I guess if my system can't handle the update, it can't... and I'll regretably have to sign off.

wish I had options... but I don't so... se la vi

Relax, you don't need new. WoWS isn't that demanding. I have an old i3 Acer at home that runs WOWS just fine at high settings. All I had to do to it was drop in a $30 GT710 GPU. It may need the settings turned down with the update but I'm certain that can be remedied for a few bucks in used parts.

Just check out craigslist and ebay. you can find all sorts of deals

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

I didn't think folks generally updated laptops... I wish mine was a tower, but it's not

[CLARE]
Members
387 posts

Don't feel bad.  I am playing on Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 8 GB of RAM and GTX 1060.

You want something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T910-Dell-Optiplex-990-15-2400-3-1Ghz-4GB-500GB-Desktop-Computer/312563134169?hash=item48c636eed9%3Ag%3ACCoAAOSwObhcqN6V&LH_BIN=1

add some more ram, 20 USD ssd, 80-120 USD GTX 750 or GTX 1050 and you will be good for the next 4 years.

[EQRN]
Members
1,311 posts
12,240 battles
3 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

I didn't think folks generally updated laptops... I wish mine was a tower, but it's not

CPU and gfx probably not, but google your laptop model and see what’s involved in upgrading RAM.  

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,197 battles
1 minute ago, ij70 said:

Don't feel bad.  I am playing on Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 8 GB of RAM and GTX 1060.

You want something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T910-Dell-Optiplex-990-15-2400-3-1Ghz-4GB-500GB-Desktop-Computer/312563134169?hash=item48c636eed9%3Ag%3ACCoAAOSwObhcqN6V&LH_BIN=1

add some more ram, 20 USD ssd, 80-120 USD GTX 750 or GTX 1050 and you will be good for the next 4 years.

You have a GTX 1060 in a Core 2 system?! Thats like putting a set of custom billet wheels on a Yugo. :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles
15 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yeah, at work we're buying refurb i5 8GB systems with 120GB SSDs for about 250, with Windows 10 *Pro*, not Home, so you could save money on that, even.  Toss in something relatively cheap like a Nvidia GT 710, and  you're just peachy for WoWS.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

You have a GTX 1060 in a Core 2 system?! Thats like putting a set of custom billet wheels on a Yugo. :Smile_amazed:

LOL.  I'm only using a 1070 on my new system with an i7-8700 6-core.

(I don't really play bleeding-edge stuff, but, it's plenty enough for VR when it gets cheaper.)

[CLARE]
Members
387 posts
Just now, Ares1967 said:

No.  Putting GTX 1060 in P4 system would be "like putting a set of custom billet wheels on a Yugo."

I am thankful every day that I went straight from P3 to Core 2.

Too bad they did not have PCI-e in the days of P3. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,810 posts
10,170 battles
29 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

Just double checking the facts before I sign off for who know how long... maybe for good.

4.00 Gig RAM

I'm not sure about the graphics properties... it's a Dell Inspiron apparently from 2009

Whats your problem, are you loading slow or game wont boot at all?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles
1 minute ago, ij70 said:

No.  Putting GTX 1060 in P4 system would be "like putting a set of custom billet wheels on a Yugo."

I am thankful every day that I went straight from P3 to Core 2.

Too bad they did not have PCI-e in the days of P3. 

I remember when I had a brand new server with dual 1 GHz P3s...best thing since sliced bread back then, SCSI drives and all.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

The system requirements aren't all that high for this game.  Do you play any other games?  If you give me a price range I would be glad to help you come up with a parts list for a system that meets your budget if possible

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles
15 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Whats your problem, are you loading slow or game wont boot at all?

I'm already at lowest settings... and now, when I queue up for battle... I either don't load in or I load in several minutes late.

either way, unacceptable.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,810 posts
10,170 battles
1 minute ago, Target_1 said:

I'm already at lowest settings... and now, when I queue up for battle... I either don't load in or I load in several minutes late.

either way, unacceptable.

I have the exact same problems but im running windows 10 on an HP pavillion with an intel graphics card.  I dont know if it was my hard drive, but ive always loades 90 seconds since beta with few exceptions.

Now i load 3-5 minutes late if nobody's touching my boat most of the time. But i found turning the audio sound quality settings from high to low gives me back my original load times but little or no audio.

I also turned off terrain avoidance. Its hard to tell without someone from WG actually looking at what gears are turning what.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

This is the update where we went to 64 bit and higher directX requirements correct?

If so,  I would assume one or both of these things is the root of the problem for you guys that are having trouble.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
Edit: 64 bit isnt mandatory...most likely the DirectX is the problem

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,556 battles

2nd what many are saying, you can buy a used system for 200 ish, toss in a 100$ card and a $50 SSD and you're cook'n w/ fire.  If you were near me, i'd rent-to-own you the system I just replaced.  It's 3yrs old and still out performs 95% of systems on the market.   It's just sitting here.   I had an uptime of 9 months on it at one point with win 7 pro, and I use chrome  browser.  That alone should speak for itself.  Cold boots into OS in less than 10 seconds. 

Edited by NoSoMo

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,279 posts
22,484 battles
50 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

This is the update where we went to 64 bit and higher directX requirements correct?

If so,  I would assume one or both of these things is the root of the problem for you guys that are having trouble.

This, 

AFAIK requirements are something along the line of a AMD HD5670 // Nvidia GTX 460 and a Intel Duo Core E8400.

[INTEL]
Members
1,975 posts
11,711 battles
4 hours ago, Target_1 said:

4.00 Gig RAM

It's a 64 bit OS but if you don't have 6GB of RAM Warships will run the 32 bit app.

This update adds the x64 client. When you launch the game, it will automatically determine which version of the client to use. On computers with RAM of 6 GB or more, the x64 client will be used; if your PC's RAM is less than 6 GB, it will use the x86 client. You don't need to download or configure anything extra. This variant of the client makes good use of the advantages of the x64 architecture that’s so important for the game—and full use of the PC's RAM.