You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hurlbut

CV Rework Stats comparision (NA server)

32 comments in this topic

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
3,049 posts
2,477 battles

Clunas put together this over at Reddit/WoWS

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,398 posts
7,872 battles

Going by the data, would you say that the rework helped give a boost to the overall CV population, even if its at the cost of the other classes?

[INTEL]
Members
10,633 posts
29,939 battles
15 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Going by the data, would you say that the rework helped give a boost to the overall CV population, even if its at the cost of the other classes?

That about sums it up. Less damage for all -- a telling stat. 

It's nice that the match on DD survival is out there. That 10% drop at some tiers means that DD play has become far more conservative overall...

... you know...

...not fun. Just like everyone has been saying. 

WG got the Sky Artillery it wanted, and it screwed the remaining 90% of the playerbase to do so and trashed the meta. Just sucks.

I want my WOWs back.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
3,049 posts
2,477 battles
14 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Considering that compared to pre-8.0, except for survival rate and the T6 Carrier, most of the CVs stats seem to have experienced a drop. THe Rework in theory is supposed to be about making the carrier more accessible to the general population, yes we are looking at a bigger active CV population. This also contribute to the watering down of the overal stats of the population by spreading them to the CVs, which I think explain the stats taken here.

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
20 hours ago, Taichunger said:

WG got the Sky Artillery it wanted, and it screwed the remaining 90% of the playerbase to do so and trashed the meta. Just sucks.

I want my WOWs back.

As far as I’m concerned WG screwed 100% of the player base.

I still prefer the RTS controls, and excepting the Strafe mechanics, and STILL feel RTS was easier to use than what we have now.

WG basically told the RTS players they could go to hell; thank you very much.

Add to that then what the mechanics changes have done to everyone else, and that would seem to equal the screwing of everyone.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 4

[-D-S-]
Members
120 posts
3,651 battles

The Biggest problem is CV makes this game become boring. Many tactics in the past are not useful, because the F**k planes can spot everything in the map.

Before CV rework, I am very addicted to this game even I have many complaints about this game. But now I have nearly left this game, one battle per day and can’t find any fun in it.

• Cool 3

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
5 minutes ago, Acura_invader said:

The Biggest problem is CV makes this game become boring. Many tactics in the past are not useful, because the F**k planes can spot everything in the map.

Before CV rework, I am very addicted to this game even I have many complaints about this game. But now I have nearly left this game, one battle per day and can’t find any fun in it.

Well said.  It can be a really complex game but CVs dumb it down to Blobathon 2019.  Fantastic if you're a CV i guess.  Boring and lame if you aren't.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,419 posts
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

That about sums it up. Less damage for all -- a telling stat. 

It's nice that the match on DD survival is out there. That 10% drop at some tiers means that DD play has become far more conservative overall...

... you know...

...not fun. Just like everyone has been saying. 

I want my WOWs back.

Bingo ARTILLERY !

Next, Golden "stuff"...........  Sound familiar???

Those whom fail to study history are inclined to repeat it.............  Do you have that deja vu-esk feeling...........  You should because that is the plan. 

We all uninstalled from WoTs in six months from now.....(just a bit before Xmas if I remember correctly)........if, they repeat the same process.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,843 posts
4,057 battles
14 hours ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

By necessity wouldn't this be the case?   I mean surely it wouldn't be expected that the rework would add its own players to base in 3 months?   So players who were playing other classes are now playing CVs.   I would count myself in that group.     

Also even if CVs are doing less damage than they were previous, but because there's more of them damage for all classes has been spread to the increased population of CVs.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,261 posts
6,886 battles

Really interesting - thanks.

I still maintain that battle count & player count isn't a proper metric for how many people are playing as the stat is dependent upon the length of battles.  Do we know if the length of battles has changed with 8.0?  Anecdotally, it feels like it.

Average time spent on the server is a better metric if that could be found.  I would be very surprised if WG doesn't have that.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,367 battles
13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As far as I’m concerned WG screwed 100% of the player base.

I still prefer the RTS controls, and excepting the Strafe mechanics, STILL feel RTS was easier than what we have now.

WG basically told the RTS players they could go to hell; thank you very much.

Add to that then what the mechanics changes have done to everyone else, and that would seem to equal the screwing of everyone.

I still kinda feel bad for those players who made the main focus CV's prior to the re-work and got good at them. There entire game just changed over night to something completely different. Well CV's right after the change were mega OP, just look at the top damage records from before and after. I think Fem had the record in the Hak at something like 400k and then 6-7 people beat that record in Midway in the weeks following the patch sometime by more that 100k damage in some cases.

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

Nice job, sir. Fits pretty much what I already knew. CVs post rework do less damage and less spotting than pre-work by a noticeable degree despite some people on the forums pretending otherwise.

I absolutely expected DD survival rate to drop a bit simply due to the fact that carriers have always been the best counter to DDs, and in the absence of carriers, DDs were generally on the higher end of the power curve across the board. So now, finally, playing DDs is a challenge. Although I absolutely will admit that when the rework first launched, DDs were in a very bad place. But a series of noticeable spotting and rocket nerfs have made it harder for carriers to smash DDs unless said DDs make big mistakes like open water firing while a CV squad is nearby, or keeping their AA turned on.

• Cool 1

Members
165 posts

It looks like the T10 numbers have dropped less than the other tiers.  T4 DD numbers have gone up, so I guess that’s where the DD mains are taking refuge.  But T6 and T8 numbers have taken a huge drop. To me, that shows that the people most affected are the newer players still grinding up the various lines.  If the rework is pushing those players away from the game, then it’s days are numbered.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,799 posts
12,548 battles

Nice +1

Looks like the CV rework is working out has hoped.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
305 posts
12,068 battles
15 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Nice job, sir. Fits pretty much what I already knew. CVs post rework do less damage and less spotting than pre-work by a noticeable degree despite some people on the forums pretending otherwise.

I absolutely expected DD survival rate to drop a bit simply due to the fact that carriers have always been the best counter to DDs, and in the absence of carriers, DDs were generally on the higher end of the power curve across the board. So now, finally, playing DDs is a challenge. Although I absolutely will admit that when the rework first launched, DDs were in a very bad place. But a series of noticeable spotting and rocket nerfs have made it harder for carriers to smash DDs unless said DDs make big mistakes like open water firing while a CV squad is nearby, or keeping their AA turned on.

:cap_haloween:OMG!!!!

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

What, you thought DDs were annoying and good at greifing?

Well, enter the reworked CV.

1522641611_TrollyQuestion.jpg.57d14e924a365b82424fdba2ab003bd1.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
4 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

I still kinda feel bad for those players who made the main focus CV's prior to the re-work and got good at them. There entire game just changed over night to something completely different. Well CV's right after the change were mega OP, just look at the top damage records from before and after. I think Fem had the record in the Hak at something like 400k and then 6-7 people beat that record in Midway in the weeks following the patch sometime by more that 100k damage in some cases.

From what I saw, the players who were really good at long range torping, especially in Hak, ran wild after 0.8.0, because they were essentially immune to AA.

It wasn’t exactly a good time for anyone.

Regular ship drivers getting hammered, and lesser carrier drivers just trying to learn the new mechanics getting rafts of hate resulting from the actions of a very small percentage of exceptional carrier drivers.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,367 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

From what I saw, the players who were really good at long range torping, especially in Hak, ran wild after 0.8.0, because they were essentially immune to AA.

It wasn’t exactly a good time for anyone.

Regular ship drivers getting hammered, and lesser carrier drivers just trying to learn the new mechanics getting rafts of hate resulting from the actions of a very small percentage of exceptional carrier drivers.

The major damage records were held by Midway though, from what I've heard a lot of that was due to having pre-rework flood chances. Say you land 3 torps, 1-2 would result in floods. If the BB repair you still have 2/3 of the squadron to make another run. There's more too that (like immune planes using the F key)but I can see why just the flooding would have led to big numbers. I didn't get a chance to play right after the re-work hit but I am kinda glad I didn't.

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles

It looks like CVs are weaker overall, but are currently way more popular and therefore distorting the metagame. I am interested to see what the numbers look like in a few months - I expect the CV population to drop significantly as the rework obviously drew a lot of attention to the class. 

WG also needs to fix things like the slingshot drop and any other exploits which keep popping up - no other class has had anything similar since the days of OWSF. 

[UEFN]
Members
970 posts
17,538 battles

The fun factor of this game has increased 300% (three hundred percent) for me post rework, as i play nothing but CV nowadays.  

Zero interest in playing CV pre-rework prior to patch 8.0 with the old RTS style, where the sky cancers would insta-deleted ships all day every day at  anytime.  The Rework makes CV more balanced and no more insta-delete in one strike. 

WG deserved massive kudos for CV rework, best update since slice bread.

• Cool 2

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,367 battles
2 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

CV's were quite the counter to pre-rework DDs but maybe not in the way you are thinking. CV's hard a very hard time dealing direct damage to DDs prior to the re-work, besides the infamous torp drop CV didn't really have any good way to landing consistent damage on DDs (Especially DDs with DFAA and it's panic ability). What CV's could do was spot the DD itself or more annoyingly (for the DD) spot all their torpedoes. 

Nowadays CVs still have the ability to spot DDs though their aircraft, and while spotting ranges have been decreased it's still kinda easy to find DDs. The biggest change is the CV's ability to constantly deal damage directly to DDs though the use of rocket planes and HE bombers. Sure the nerfs to targeting may have helped the DDs a little but I find that I can still get big damage numbers when playing CV. (I may be unicum overall but not in the new CVs) Add that damage to damage received from being focused while spotted can land DDs in some very hot water very early on. It is not uncommon for a DD to be spotted and attacked by a CV less than two minutes into the game, worse they are often reduced to 3/4 to 2/3 of their health well before they have a chance to do anything meaningful. Unlike BBs and Cruisers at high tiers most DDs don't get heals and will always be playing at a disadvantage. It gets old real fast, I can say that for sure.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,367 battles
2 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

The fun factor of this game has increased 300% (three hundred percent) for me post rework, as i play nothing but CV nowadays.  

Zero interest in playing CV pre-rework prior to patch 8.0 with the old RTS style, where the sky cancers would insta-deleted ships all day every day at  anytime.  The Rework makes CV more balanced and no more insta-delete in one strike. 

WG deserved massive kudos for CV rework, best update since slice bread.

Except for any ship with DFAA, or any team that had a CV player that new how to use strafe or even position their fighter planes in a remotely helpful location. Ships could still be deleted but it was not nearly as common as you "remember".

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,000 posts
9,104 battles

6 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

CV's were quite the counter to pre-rework DDs but maybe not in the way you are thinking. CV's hard a very hard time dealing direct damage to DDs prior to the re-work, besides the infamous torp drop CV didn't really have any good way to landing consistent damage on DDs (Especially DDs with DFAA and it's panic ability). What CV's could do was spot the DD itself or more annoyingly (for the DD) spot all their torpedoes. 

not quite true. Cross drop or stacked torps (torps which individually did twice as much dmg), HE bomb nukes, perma spotting, I had a great time dealing direct, and terminal dmg to dds pre rework. Now, cvs harrass dds, finish them off, but the alpha deletions are far less common per cv today than before. What is true, is that as CVs were far more rarely encountered (lower CV population), CV influence on dds was much lower overall.

Of course, rework or no rework, CVs are anathema to dds, in any shape or form. Nothing can or will change this.

edit : what I have noticed among the anti cv complaints, is that the fear and stress of being constantly harrassed by CV air squadrons is hated much more, than the old fashioned RTS guillotine which terminated a warship's presence in an efficient and relatively painless manner.

• Cool 1