You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Wargaming... you win...

67 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

your latest update has killed my ability to play the game.

though the game will run, now if I load into a battle at all, it's several minutes late and I'm dead or the game is mostly over and players are pissy with me treating me like an afk when I was sitting waiting to get in the game the whole time.

So, I guess you killed me for good this time... I can't play at all really now.

so frustrating.

and yes, I was already at lowest settings... so that won't help.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[S-N-D]
Members
2,453 posts
6,780 battles

***Censored for Safe Space Compliance***

Edited by _Caliph_
no personal attack. Stay within forum rule please.
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 4

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,643 posts

They had to upgrade the old architecture at some point.  Equally, we all have to upgrade our computers at some point.

It sounds like that time for you is now.  This game isn't that intensive to run so if you were having problems running it, your computer is not likely to run modern games very well at all in general.

[-WTP-]
Members
1,466 posts
3,432 battles
3 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Do you really expect the world to keep playing with dated graphics and core optimization because you personally can't or won't upgrade your ancient computer?

A decent gaming rig can be purchased at BestBuy for about 600 bucks. If you haven't 600 bucks get a job. If you are retired and don't have it, you mismanaged your money in life to the point of absurdity. Cut off your internet, save that money for a rig, then turn it back on.

Dont say bestbuy...ahhh. Worst place to get a computer. 

Dude just needs to spent about 8hrs rsearching how to build computers and he will be set. You save so much money and learn alot doing it.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
3,030 posts
22,003 battles
3 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Do you really expect the world to keep playing with dated graphics and core optimization because you personally can't or won't upgrade your ancient computer?

A decent gaming rig can be purchased at BestBuy for about 600 bucks. If you haven't 600 bucks get a job. If you are retired and don't have it, you mismanaged your money in life to the point of absurdity. Cut off your internet, save that money for a rig, then turn it back on.

ouwieee that's a lil harsh.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
3,643 posts
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Dont say bestbuy...ahhh. Worst place to get a computer. 

Dude just needs to spent about 8hrs rsearching how to build computers and he will be set. You save so much money and learn alot doing it.

You really don't anymore.  Over BestBuy, yes.  Places like Ibuypower or cyberpower can build them to your requested spec cheaper than you can buy the parts because they purchase them in bulk.

They also come with a full warrenty, so if something goes wrong you don't have to spend a bunch of time trying to convice one part maker that the problem is not caused by all the other parts in the computer.  They just give you an RMA number and then they fix it.

You can still build your own if you wish of course, but it is no longer cheaper, or easier to do so.

[S-N-D]
Members
2,453 posts
6,780 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You really don't anymore.  Over BestBuy, yes.  Places like Ibuypower or cyberpower can build them to your requested spec cheaper than you can buy the parts.

They also come with a full warrenty, so if something goes wrong you don't have to spend a bunch of time trying to convice one part maker that the problem is not caused by all the other parts in the computer.  They just give you an RMA number and then they fix it.

You can still build your own if you wish of course, but it is no longer cheaper, or easier.

BestBuy sells Cyberpower, lol. I said that because some people don't want to wait for shipping and prefer getting it immediately.

[A-D-F]
3,643 posts
Just now, _Caliph_ said:

BestBuy sells Cyberpower, lol. I said that because some people don't want to wait for shipping and prefer getting it immediately.

Ah ok, they probably mark the price up but you can walk out immedeatly with it.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,807 posts
12,548 battles
15 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

though the game will run, now if I load into a battle at all, it's several minutes late and I'm dead or the game is mostly over and players are pissy with me treating me like an afk when I was sitting waiting to get in the game the whole time.

so frustrating.

Well the ball is in your court. Probably past time to upgrade your system.

[OO7]
Members
5,219 posts
12,037 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You really don't anymore.  Over BestBuy, yes.  Places like Ibuypower or cyberpower can build them to your requested spec cheaper than you can buy the parts because they purchase them in bulk.

That's a load of hogwash...

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,807 posts
12,548 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Pretty close for me. I have bought my last 4 PC's from Cyberpower. Love them. You get the fun of picking your parts with out the pain of putting it together, plus they pre test for hard ware conflicts. 

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
314 posts
12,201 battles

Plenty of videos on how to convert a used Dell Optiplex into a budget gaming rig by upgrading the GPU.

0% financing through Newegg for 12 months.

0% financing from Best Buy and they have ASUS ROG prebuilts which are good.

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
22 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

so frustrating.

progress claims another victim

tumblr_p5ae8qZkU51tdhimpo1_400.gif

[OO7]
Members
5,219 posts
12,037 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Pretty close for me. I have bought my last 4 PC's from Cyberpower. Love them. You get the fun of picking your parts with out the pain of putting it together, plus they pre test for hard ware conflicts. 

I just priced out a rig for someone on pcparts picker and for 952 dollars, it had

Ryzen 7 2700

16gb ram

Radeo 580

1TB M.2 ssd

On Ibuypower, 949 dollars gets

Ryzen 5 2600

8gb of ram

Geforce 1650

1tb sata ssd. 

The difference between those 2 is huge considering they are the same price. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
3,643 posts
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Bought my last two from Ibuypower.  I didn't spend years looking around trying to save every single penny I could but I did some looking for the cheapest part prices I could find.

They built them cheaper than I could. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,807 posts
12,548 battles

I just priced out a rig for someone on pcparts picker and for 952 dollars, it had

Ryzen 7 2700

16gb ram

Radeo 580

1TB M.2 ssd

Ryzen 5 2600

8gb of ram

Geforce 1650

1tb sata ssd. 

How much for the operating system?

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
3,643 posts
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Ryzen 7 2700

16gb ram

Radeo 580

1TB M.2 ssd

Ryzen 5 2600

8gb of ram

Geforce 1650

1tb sata ssd. 

There is all manner of variables in there.  Those cards come in different versions, memory comes in a whole plethora of different specs and speeds, etc etc.

Of course do what is best for you.  They were the best deal for me at the time of purchase.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
672 posts
5,009 battles
9 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

progress claims another victim

tumblr_p5ae8qZkU51tdhimpo1_400.gif

Lol That looks like the Micron PC i bought to play Wing Commander back in the day

[QQ7]
Members
455 posts
3,347 battles

as much as the first comment was pretty harsh, I'd say he wasn't wrong to an extent.

PC Performance, good or bad, can have a major impact on the games overall performance when it comes to loading times. A crap CPU, RAM and your hard drive can effect this. 

I do suggest that you get yourself another rig, rather it'd be build it yourself, financing, or buying through places like best buy, walmart, (for those that say buying a PC through best buy is bad, no no, WALMART is even worse.)

or any place that sells gaming rigs. But do your homework first before you do that.

I suggest that you build one yourself, set a budget and then piece it together whenever you can and then it'll be worth it once it's built. I built my last gaming pc in december and it's my dream build. (If anyone's curious about my specs, be free to ask me)

[OO7]
Members
5,219 posts
12,037 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

How much for the operating system?

good catch, that is one thing not in my parted out build, so there's another $100. so for comparing apples to apples here is a pc parts picker build side by side with as close of components as I could find.

Granted its only one comparison, but I went with it because it was close to the sub $1000 ryzen build that I had parted out yesterday.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wrJGQZ $840

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-Starter $949

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,807 posts
12,548 battles

good catch, that is one thing not in my parted out build, so there's another $100. so for comparing apples to apples here is a pc parts picker build side by side with as close of components as I could find.

Granted its only one comparison, but I went with it because it was close to the sub $1000 ryzen build that I had parted out yesterday.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wrJGQZ $840

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-Starter $949

Well hey if you can build it significantly cheaper certainly not a bad idea. 

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

Yes, I have a job... and yes... I'm poor... oh well.

I use my money to pay my bills and keep food on the table... I never will be "well off"... just a simple fact.

I enjoyed the game and I know it's not Wargaming's fault that they updated... it happens.

It's just a damn shame for me personally... but life goes on.

it's been nice but peace out.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,881 posts
9,089 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

I would be exceptionally cautious about Cyberpower.

A couple years ago I needed a new workstation. The engineering software I use is all Direct3D rather than OpenGL, so I had my company buy me a fully loaded-up gaming computer from Cyberpower.

We spent just shy of $6,000 on it.

When it fired up at first, it was sweet. Everything seemed just amazing. And then I put it under load and it started to overheat.

I'd ordered a bunch of extra case fans, and it had a solid water cooling system, so the overheating seemed a bit odd.

Turns out that those extra case fans weren't actually hooked up to anything. The ends were just hanging loose behind the back panel of the case underneath the motherboard.

And the front panel USB ports + card reader? Well, that took up all the USB 2.0 headers on the board, so there was no place for them to connect the controller for the water block. It had power, so it ran at a fixed RPM, but it wasn't doing anything to control radiator fan speed or pump speed, and it wasn't taking care of temperatures at all.

I called them up to politely inquire what kind of drugs their mothers had been smoking while pregnant with them, and they told me that it's my fault that I picked a board with one fewer USB 2.0 header than needed, and that it's not their job to take a thirty-five-cent USB 3.0 to 2.0 header pin adapter out of the box and put it in because that thirty-five-cents isn't accounted for anywhere in the SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS that I spent. They assured me that my new computer was not, in fact, overheating under load. It was purely in my imagination, because they'd overclocked it and run it through a 3-hour stress test before shipping it. But, since I appeared to be unhappy with the "professional cable management service" that we'd paid extra for in the assembly fees, they'd refund that one tiny part of the bill.

Six. Thousand. Dollars. And then I had to take it apart myself and put it back together correctly.

Cyberpower can suck it. I'll never buy another thing from them.

• Cool 1

[-WTP-]
Members
1,466 posts
3,432 battles
32 minutes ago, paradat said:

Putting it together is the fun part! 

Now i built a watercooling computer about 5 years ago. Never again. Upkeep way to high for some better cooling than air.