You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BiskitsNWaffles

Issues installing new WoWS update

14 comments in this topic

[PRAVD]
Members
108 posts
2,629 battles

Alright. On a windows PC right now, trying to download the 0.8.3.

Reached about 62% extremely smoothly, (very fast computer), yet after passing that mark, it became 50x slower. Waited about 30 minutes since then, and it has only gone up 1%. Not sure what to do. I have tried pausing it, restarting my launcher, and picking up from the stalled number. Any suggestions on what to do?

(during writing this, it just went up to 64% after about another 35 minutes of staying on 63%.) Is it just the massive amount of memory required to download the update, or do I have issues with the updater?  

A side note, I do not post on the forums often. My apologies if I have posted this in the incorrect section.

image.thumb.png.5d08eea29da7cc786cf4a16333617764.png

[PRAVD]
Members
108 posts
2,629 battles

Also, to clarify, I am not downloading, or for that matter, running anything in the background that could possibly slow it down.

Beta Testers
154 posts
308 battles

I had the same issue a few times, over the years as I've uninstalled then reinstalled WoWs. The only solution I've had was to cancel it, uninstall the leftover bits and the Wargaming Center, and reinstall the whole thing. Usually took me a few tries, too. 

There might be other ways of fixing it, so going full nuclear option immediately might not be wise, but that HAS been what's worked for me.

[MEIST]
Members
1,139 posts
4,465 battles

I don't know. I am at 63% right now. I got to that pretty quick and it slowed down for me as well.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,704 posts
15,405 battles

My antivirus quarantined the WG installer/launcher and I had to override it … 

I sure hope it was a false positive or I'm really screwed :)

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
26 minutes ago, BiskitsNWaffles said:

Also, to clarify, I am not downloading, or for that matter, running anything in the background that could possibly slow it down.

Sometimes it may look like it stuck, but highly likely it works. So be patient, it's normal situation. 
If you guess, that it's not working for sure than you would better reload WGC and try once again.  

10 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

My antivirus quarantined the WG installer/launcher and I had to override it … 

I sure hope it was a false positive  :)

It's for sure false positive. You don't need to worry. 

[PRAVD]
Members
108 posts
2,629 battles

Thanks for the help, everyone. About 10 minutes ago I restarted my launcher, and after that it slowly chugged along until now, when it recently finished.

• Cool 1

[SIX]
Beta Testers
78 posts
11,280 battles

In my case, it would download, then fail to extract, with a message saying to check the log. The log revealed...not much, except, um, it failed to extract. What's more, at that point the uninstaller wouldn't find the game to uninstall. I had to nuke all the files in the folder and then re-download the game (and this time, the game center thingy as well) and everything worked fine. 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,704 posts
15,405 battles
29 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Sometimes it may look like it stuck, but highly likely it works. So be patient, it's normal situation. 
If you guess, that it's not working for sure than you would better reload WGC and try once again.  

It's for sure false positive. You don't need to worry. 

I kind of assumed it was, but it never happened before … o7

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,612 posts
34,424 battles

I've had this issue a few times before.  My best advice is to close the launcher and then re-open it.  If it still seems to stall, just leave it alone and it will eventually finish.

Right now, my WGC says its installing with 1 MB remaining to download.  Currently at 68% and its going up really slowly.

[PIE]
[PIE]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
257 posts
327 battles

good to know I am not the only one having this problem

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,612 posts
34,424 battles

WGC still on the 1 MB to download.  Going outside for a few things to give it time.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,322 battles

Yea it did fine until the updating components and started creeping along at the 63% mark.  I'm just leaving it alone and it's at 86% so fingers crossed.

1st time I've had the big crawl too.

[LRRP]
Members
10 posts
4,543 battles

I got rid of the Game Center and loaded an older version of WOWs.  It worked fine last night but won't work tonight.  I get an error message that says the game version is older than the server and to update the client.  Do I have to download the Game Center to do this?  If so, will I still be able to run World of Tanks without the Game Client?