Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
QQ_Whine_Moar

CVs, just stop attacking..LOL

78 comments in this topic

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles

Just had a game where we lost but the only visible ship was a cruiser capping our base so me and the other CV foolishly sank him. He actually started yelling because we had the audacity to attack him.  I guess we should have just let him cap instead of stopping him. Sorry Mr cruiser...our bad. :Smile_facepalm:

Do people really think they shouldn't be attacked? LOL. Probably. I mean just the mention of the word "CV" sets off a mental breakdown these days. 

8783850.gif

• Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles

CVs are the perfect class for the troll personality type.  It's like WG custom designed them for that type of player.  That's some good market research right there.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3

Members
19 posts
2,348 battles

I sank a cruiser who'd been chasing me and was about ready to kill my CV, and he got quite mad at me for it. I'm not entirely sure what he was expecting?

• Funny 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,643 posts

I once got yelled at (a lot) in game chat for "attacking a DD that was too low tier".  He then reported me.

The person playing the DD and the person yelling at me, were two different people.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,093 posts
5,774 battles

It's like using a racket to hit someone with a tennis ball.  Over and over and over.  For me, I would enjoy it only if they also had a racket.

Please make posts about people being "triggered" and pretend you don't understand why.  In your cartoon Charlie Brown is saying "Well I like to prey on things that cannot directly defend themselves from my constant attacks.  Oh and did I mention I can do this from way across the map where nobody can see me?"  lol

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0
  • Cool 2

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
314 posts
12,201 battles
18 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

CVs are the perfect class for the troll personality type.  It's like WG custom designed them for that type of player.  That's some good market research right there.

They were designed for the Battlefield player that only plays jets and choppers. :cap_book:

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

I often tell the enemy team that I will report anyone that shoots at me.

I'm actually very surprised that anyone would actually pay attention to that, other than to be absolutely sure to shoot at you if possible...

Members
142 posts
1,042 battles
22 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Spot on. Griefer archtype for griefer personalities...god game design.

• Cool 4

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
1 hour ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

It's like using a racket to hit someone with a tennis ball.  Over and over and over.  For me, I would enjoy it only if they also had a racket.

Please make posts about people being "triggered" and pretend you don't understand why.  In your cartoon Charlie Brown is saying "Well I like to prey on things that cannot directly defend themselves from my constant attacks.  Oh and did I mention I can do this from way across the map where nobody can see me?"  lol

I just stealth sunk 3 ships in my shima. No one saw me and I did far more damage per hit than possible in my CV. Does your logic apply to DDs then since I can remain unseen and delete ships if I pay attention? I bet it doesn't...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PHASE]
Members
4,718 posts
16,143 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

I'm actually very surprised that anyone would actually pay attention to that, other than to be absolutely sure to shoot at you if possible...

Once they see the name Sweetsie…..hard to not want to shoot at some guy with that name.... may as well go all in. 

After some one shoots at me, I say reported in chat and damn near 80% think I am serious.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

Once they see the name Sweetsie…..hard to not want to shoot at some guy with that name.... may as well go all in. 

After some one shoots at me, I say reported in chat and damn near 80% think I am serious.

:Smile_veryhappy:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,093 posts
5,774 battles
Just now, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I just stealth sunk 3 ships in my shima. No one saw me and I did far more damage per hit than possible in my CV. Does your logic apply to DDs then since I can remain unseen and delete ships if I pay attention?

The direct counter to DDs is a constant risk of being radar-ed.  We have been over this so many times.  The direct counter to CVs is not player controlled hence the frustration they cause.  Damage has almost nothing to do with the way CV's disrupt the game also.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Sassypants said:

I sank a cruiser who'd been chasing me and was about ready to kill my CV, and he got quite mad at me for it. I'm not entirely sure what he was expecting?

Yeah, the dissonance is out of hand now

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,906 battles
3 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I just stealth sunk 3 ships in my shima. No one saw me and I did far more damage per hit than in my CV. Does your logic apply to DDs then? 

But it was a surface ship.  That's ok.  

There is no logic in the anti-CV crowd.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
Just now, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

The direct counter to DDs is a constant risk of being radar-ed.  We have been over this so many times.  The direct counter to CVs is not player controlled hence the frustration they cause.

If you're a smart DD, you pay attention and can stay away from radar most of the time.My Shima can torp anything beyond its radar range.  DD players who don't are not playing wisely. In my shima, I can counter a plane in many ways too. That's also been covered so many times...

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

But it was a surface ship.  That's ok.  

There is no logic in the anti-CV crowd.  

Like I said. its cognitive dissonance in action. This CV mess is a psych 101 class case study.

[HATE]
Members
399 posts
12,015 battles
1 hour ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Just had a game where we lost but the only visible ship was a cruiser capping our base so me and the other CV foolishly sank him. He actually started yelling because we had the audacity to attack him.  I guess we should have just let him cap instead of stopping him. Sorry Mr cruiser...our bad. :Smile_facepalm:

Do people really think they shouldn't be attacked? LOL. Probably. I mean just the mention of the word "CV" sets off a mental breakdown these days. 

8783850.gif

So, I will put some context on most players disdain for cv players. First off, there is only 2 or 3 boats that can really ignore a cv. Second, most cv players are not good in any other boat due to having to have actual skill to play. With cvs you have unlimited number of times to attack a boat. Not stat shaming you, but your over all damage in every other boat is half what your cv dmg is. There is nothing that a surface boat can do to stop you from killing them. If a cruiser is lucky enough to live long enough in a game to get close to your ship, it is a mix of joy and fear as now you will attack him and he has a limited time to kill you. Where as when you see all of the boats on the team in 1 minute. We have to hope you didnt pick up to kill first or if there is 2 cvs the pair of cv tag team your ship to death in moments. Now I know that there will be some cv turd that will say no different than dev strike from a bb at the beginning. They would be wrong, because the bb took a shot at 20k at a boat driving in a line like he was driving Ms Dasey. It took skill and rng and a little bit of luck and stupid for that to happen. A cv can attack any boat until it dies without any fear of damage to their boat. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,369 battles

Golly Gee, why in the world would people be upset over border-line broken gameplay. It's not like a good CV player can absolutely shut down a DD, either by crushing him with attacks or forcing him to hide out near the rest of the team and therefore be useless for 90% of the game. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
1,322 posts
4,090 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

No Kang Nooooooo!

Some carrier players just like aircraft!

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
17 minutes ago, MEANN said:

ot stat shaming you, but your over all damage in every other boat is half what your cv dmg is.

That's a bit misleading and is cherry picking data.

My damage rating is higher in CVs..sure, but I have over 1000 more games in my shima than any CV..and my shima stats are not that far under..(45K vs 64k).  Cvs are easier to play than a dd...so its easier to farm damage for sure but the 1300 games in a shima vs 137  in my top 3 CV, total,  means far more. When taking all my games in context, the gameplay of my top 3 Cvs is 3.4% of all my games. My shima alone is 28% of all my games. The small sample size of Cv play means you can't make real determinations yet...especially if you consider they are not even done tweaking CV play.

And My PR rating in DDs is far superior to CV. Either way, I think as a DD main I can speak to both classes, at least for myself. I just don't have the same trouble in my dds with new CV play. Maybe that's because I do play DDs and I know how to counter a plane a bit. 

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

No Kang Nooooooo!

Some carrier players just like aircraft!

Oh for sure.  And carriers were nominally in WW2 and they are navy ships so you know I get it.  We just need to find a lil common ground on all this and perhaps a no cv option for the more obstinate types such as myself.  As long as we work together, nothing can stop us!

• Boring 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,369 battles
1 hour ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I just stealth sunk 3 ships in my shima. No one saw me and I did far more damage per hit than possible in my CV. Does your logic apply to DDs then since I can remain unseen and delete ships if I pay attention? I bet it doesn't...

Well if you get past the Radar, hydo, opposing DDs, and high spotting detection on your torps then by all means you can have that damage. CV's don't nearly have as much opposition to stopping their strikes, AA a joke on most ships, catapult fighters/ drop fighters yeah don't keep your hopes up. Sure a cruiser/ BB will survive several strikes and still be effective, but DDs are alot more fragile and can't really afford to take the damage CV's are able to preform.

Sign in to follow this