Patton5150

FYI, expect more Randomers in co-op

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,612 posts
34,411 battles

The new Honor vs Glory event is going to incentivize some Randomers to go to co-op.  So you may have to be more tolerant of saltiness during this time.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

Why, the only requirement is to play tier 5+ so the oddball queue numbers should settle down.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Why, the only requirement is to play tier 5+ so the oddball queue numbers should settle down.

Points for wins is a possibility. 

I'm expecting some pretty agressive gameplay going forward.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

People get overwrought about winning when there isn't an event. Just play and let the wins come as they may, that is my plan.

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Perhaps they'll learn that their cowardly PvP tactics won't earn them any Honor or Glory in Co-Op. 

• Funny 5

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

People get overwrought about winning when there isn't an event. Just play and let the wins come as they may, that is my plan.

People always have plans to maximize their time, if not their enjoyment.

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
54 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

People always have plans to maximize their time, if not their enjoyment.

Partly why I hate Randoms so much; too many playing as professional Warships drivers instead of just for fun.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Perhaps they'll learn that their cowardly PvP tactics won't earn them any Honor or Glory in Co-Op. 

:Smile_veryhappy:

Given the vision/stealth system in WOWS, I can understand why people play Randoms that way. 

But in Co-op, it's an actively counter-winning and counter-payouts approach, because as we all know, the bots care not for your silly stealthing and vision-manip.

• Cool 2

[TCNNA]
Members
956 posts
16,580 battles

Problem of pvp is: first ship spotted get 8 enemy guns on an die in 30 seconds.

So everyone do not want get spotted.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
19 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Definitely. Points are a fraction of the Randoms handouts, but then again, so is the battle duration. And it's really not that hard to have some good, quick co-op games with multiple kills that get those points rolling in.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
285 posts
12,217 battles

There have been a lot more people playing co-op these last two days (and a lot less bots on the green team) but in my games everybody has been polite and cordial like I expect to find in a PVE match.  Thanks to all the PVP mains that have join our ranks for Honor and Glory!

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
17 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Given the vision/stealth system in WOWS, I can understand why people play Randoms that way. 

But in Co-op, it's an actively counter-winning and counter-payouts approach, because as we all know, the bots care not for your silly stealthing and vision-manip.

Agreed. The whole "vision" thing is pretty dumb. Even if your ship were hull-down over the horizon the exhaust plume would be visible for miles. 

If I can see the island in the distance then I can see the ship sailing beside it. 

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
20 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Seemed pretty agressive across the board last night.  Had a couple that didn't seem to get involved.

They were in U.S. standards though, so they may have just never been able to join the party.

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

Seemed pretty agressive across the board last night.  Had a couple that didn't seem to get involved.

They were in U.S. standards though, so they may have just never been able to join the party.

Sad but true. I have TX, AZ and WV... rarely ever take them out b/c matches are often over by the time I've got the first salvo off. 

At tiers 5 & 6 my go-tos are Kongo, GC, Normandie and Mutsu. The dispersion on PEF & DQ is too wonky for me to consider them reliable. 

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

Sad but true. I have TX, AZ and WV... rarely ever take them out b/c matches are often over by the time I've got the first salvo off. 

At tiers 5 & 6 my go-tos are Kongo, GC, Normandie and Mutsu. The dispersion on PEF & DQ is too wonky for me to consider them reliable. 

Kongo I am starting to get the hang of.  The extra speed is nice, just have to find the optimum range and the S key.

For the NY, the ship is really map dependent.  Being put on the wing in Haven leads to frustration. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

Kongo I am starting to get the hang of.  The extra speed is nice, just have to find the optimum range and the S key.

With Kongo in Co-op I set the throttle at full and don't touch it again. Just have to remember, battleCRUISER, not battleship... you don't have the armor to trade broadsides with other BBs so use your speed to kite them while hammering their noses with HE. 

[CO-OP]
Members
322 posts
17,765 battles
10 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Problem of pvp is: first ship spotted get 8 enemy guns on an die in 30 seconds.

So everyone do not want get spotted.

Same in COOP if there's a CV in game and you have the temerity to take an early potshot at a CV spotted ship, your BB is going to be in for a very bad detected period, as everything within range will target you, hit you and set you on fire... usually more than once, and invariably with that single shell that actually barely grazed your rigging.

Edited by Efros
  • Cool 1