Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Planetos

Will the October Revolution receive enhancements?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

31
[VENUM]
Members
64 posts
6,796 battles

Just curious to see if anyone from WG can shed any light on whether the OKT will get any kind of accuracy buffs to put her in line with the rest of the new USSR BBs that have recently been added. Been playing her a lot in order to get commanders ready fr the new ships, but have noticed that her accuracy at close range is still all over the board. She does not reliably hit anything, even under 10k. If she will not be getting any kind of accuracy buffs or anything thats fine, but I feel that a SLIGHT buff would help her feel more at home when training captains as a premium ship. just my opinion. thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,905 battles

I doubt you'll see any changes to Oktober made. When the RN BBs were released, I don't believe Warspite got any upgrades. Same with Gallant and the RN DDs, or Fushun/Loyang and the Pan-Asian DDs.

Edited by TheOmegaDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,618
[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles

She doesn't need help.

HJ5RMX8.jpg

The fact that only Broken A.F. Caesar does better than Okt.Rev means that this RU BB doesn't need any more help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

Nikolai could use some of those sweet short range accuracy enhancements as well! :Smile_trollface:

 

...I'll see myself out

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,618
[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
1 minute ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Nikolai could use some of those sweet short range accuracy enhancements as well! :Smile_trollface:

 

...I'll see myself out

4a7bc24fb016ea6670aa431c210cb21c.gif

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,761 battles
10 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I doubt you'll see any changes to Oktober made. When the RN BBs were released, I don't believe Warspite got any upgrades. Same with Gallant and the RN DDs, or Fushun/Loyang and the Pan-Asian DDs.

I believe the BB line intro was when Warspite got it's turret rotation buffed from identical to the QE to what it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
601 posts
7,235 battles
18 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Nikolai could use some of those sweet short range accuracy enhancements as well! :Smile_trollface:

 

...I'll see myself out

Really I would rather fight a Nikolai more often than the Orion. She isn't really over powered these days with all the sky cancer and her having no AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles
7 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

Really I would rather fight a Nikolai more often than the Orion. She isn't really over powered these days with all the sky cancer and her having no AA.

Man isnt that the truth.  I was seal clubbing two nights ago like I do now and I ran out of seals and turned the corner and there they were.  Hosho and Langley.. running for their tiny little lives.  It was the most pathetic battle in the history of the world.  I could only use my front turret and they could only launch a single weapon at a time.  Of course I shot down zero planes and I got one of them and I flooded/burned/died a horrible death.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,905 battles
21 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I believe the BB line intro was when Warspite got it's turret rotation buffed from identical to the QE to what it is now.

Hmm. Could be, the RN BBs came out almost two years ago now, and my memory's not the greatest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,618
[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
42 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I believe the BB line intro was when Warspite got it's turret rotation buffed from identical to the QE to what it is now.

Warspite got her turret traverse buff long before the RN BB Line released.  Which was why I was irritated when Queen Elizabeth came with the much later Line release and had Warspite's old traverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She doesn't need help.

HJ5RMX8.jpg

The fact that only Broken A.F. Caesar does better than Okt.Rev means that this RU BB doesn't need any more help.

Just got out of a game where the guy playing they GC was trying to argue that it wasn't OP...sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[-AGW-]
Members
978 posts
13,513 battles

I usually fire full broadsides with it. Tends to mitigate any problems with accuracy :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,618
[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
13 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Just got out of a game where the guy playing they GC was trying to argue that it wasn't OP...sigh.

LOL

I still remember the screaming by many here that her overpoweredness needed to be preserved for the betterment of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,761 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Warspite got her turret traverse buff long before the RN BB Line released.  Which was why I was irritated when Queen Elizabeth came with the much later Line release and had Warspite's old traverse.

Oh. I always figured it was a way of balancing her since QE had better AA. She also has a bit more range, 2k more HP. Of course Warspite has a narrower turning circle and better secondaries. Eh, Brit boats are kind of known for their turrets in desperate need of DW40. Why do you think I use the unique upgrade for Conqueror over more concealment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,618
[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
10 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Oh. I always figured it was a way of balancing her since QE had better AA. She also has a bit more range, 2k more HP. Of course Warspite has a narrower turning circle and better secondaries. Eh, Brit boats are kind of known for their turrets in desperate need of DW40. Why do you think I use the unique upgrade for Conqueror over more concealment.

There really is no reason for QE to have that slow traverse when Warspite got the improved one, except to make QE as a "FreeXP past this inconvenience" ship.  You slog through all the prior tiers of RN BBs with the same very slow traverse and hitting you up in Tier VI one more time.

 

If QE has Warspite's traverse, it would still not infringe upon Warspite's shtick.  Their AP shells are pretty different, i.e. Warspite is traditional and QE's are "RN BB style short AP fusing."  Warspite has great Secondaries while QE would have the superior AA suite.

 

It would have been fine.  Which is why I was upset when QE got thrown under the bus like this.  She's really your tax you have to pay before getting into the far superior, much more comfortable KGV in Tier VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,761 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There really is no reason for QE to have that slow traverse when Warspite got the improved one, except to make QE as a "FreeXP past this inconvenience" ship.  You slog through all the prior tiers of RN BBs with the same very slow traverse and hitting you up in Tier VI one more time.

 

If QE has Warspite's traverse, it would still not infringe upon Warspite's shtick.  Their AP shells are pretty different, i.e. Warspite is traditional and QE's are "RN BB style short AP fusing."  Warspite has great Secondaries while QE would have the superior AA suite.

 

It would have been fine.  Which is why I was upset when QE got thrown under the bus like this.  She's really your tax you have to pay before getting into the far superior, much more comfortable KGV in Tier VII.

Yeah well you see those every now and again where it's a crappy ship and there seems to be little effort made to make it less crappy. Ognevoi was the first ship I ever free xp'd past back when it was the tier VI. I really enjoyed the Kiev though (especially after my first secondary kill with it was a detonation and the player went ballistic in chat, good times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×