2gpine

Latest UPdate will not PLAY

32 comments in this topic

[-SOL-]
Members
7 posts
3,811 battles

Opened WofW and got the latest UPDATE loaded automatically.  Hit "PLAY" and the screen goes blank.

[NAM-4]
Members
32 posts
10,097 battles

Same exact thing.

I've never reinstalled the game in almost 4 years....but I reinstalled everything clean...NOTHING.    What a joke.

• Angry 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,375 posts
7,826 battles
23 minutes ago, 2gpine said:

Opened WofW and got the latest UPDATE loaded automatically.  Hit "PLAY" and the screen goes blank.

Can you go to the WGC and select "game settings" and click on "check and repair"?

[OB1]
Members
104 posts
2,014 battles

I have the same issue - went to game settings and clicked on check and repair.

Still nothing after hitting PLAY .......

Using Mac OS

Edited by Rick_Elmore

[S0L0]
Members
2 posts
3,045 battles

Ditto, macOs.

Tried a fresh install and tried check and repair. problem persists

Edited by BabyJaws
  • Angry 1

Members
6 posts
11,059 battles
52 minutes ago, BabyJaws said:

Ditto, macOs.

Tried a fresh install and tried check and repair. problem persists

Me too, goes blank and then I get a critical error notice.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran diagnostics from settings, it noted some repair to game integrity, said in the end game is good to go, defragmented pc, am running windows 7 with dirctx 11, and still no go.  When I tried game help it comes up in Russian, wth??

[MEATS]
Members
17 posts
2,091 battles

Same here. MacOS...The launcher will load, but as soon as I click "Play" it shuts right back down. Fresh install today already done...top tier development WG...top tier...

[-SOL-]
Members
7 posts
3,811 battles

Using Mac OS 10.11.6  ...   went to Settings, ran "Check and Repair"...   same problem!

[DS9]
Members
2 posts
11,193 battles

On a Mac same exact problem. Click Start and it fails. Reloaded from scratch, ran integrity (clean), still fails.

Help?

[NAM-4]
Members
32 posts
10,097 battles
10 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

What operating systems are you guys using?

Windows 7 Enterprise Pro.

[NAM-4]
Members
32 posts
10,097 battles

After the patch installed, the game launched but when I clicked "PLAY", nothing would happen.  Zero.   So I completely uninstalled, removed the folder...ran  CCleaner 4 times to completely remove any references to anything uninstalled.   Then downloaded it and installed again.   Now, when I click the executable like before....absolutely nothing happens.   It doesn't even launch the initial screen where it checks the version.  

If I launch Game Center....World Of Airplanes runs like a champ.   World of Warships...Nothing happens.   Horrible...just horrible update quality.

• Angry 1

Members
6 posts
11,059 battles

tried it again this morning, no good, will not load game.  Gonna uninstall gaming center and try one more time, but starting to think this will go just like wot 3 years ago, unable to log in and play, why bother, war thunder sounding like the way to go if you want to play

• Cool 1

[OB1]
Members
104 posts
2,014 battles
42 minutes ago, Widder_1 said:

tried it again this morning, no good, will not load game.  Gonna uninstall gaming center and try one more time, but starting to think this will go just like wot 3 years ago, unable to log in and play, why bother, war thunder sounding like the way to go if you want to play

Same here, still Kaput after hitting PLAY

Would be nice to get an update from the Devs on this !

• Cool 2

Members
6 posts
11,059 battles

still waiting to complete 3rd download, getting tired of this crap, will try to play when it is done, but if it doesn't, moving on.  Most of the info here is devoted to mac users, but not much info or assistance for PC owners.  War Thunder is looking like the new game to play for me

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,217 battles

Same here - tried all the same steps mentioned in this thread, nothing works. Mac OS and tried it on an old Windows box running Win 7.

Members
6 posts
11,059 battles

3 strikes and you are out, giving it up, was a fun game to play for 3 years now, but too frustrating for me, war thunder, here I come

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,217 battles

Do the devs monitor these forums - seems like this would be an issue they'd want to resolve but not a peep out of them?

• Cool 1

[DUKE]
Members
6 posts
3,712 battles

Same for me, tried it on three computers using MacOS and none are working.  Reinstalled game and still not working.

[-DZ-]
Members
26 posts
9,299 battles

I'm running Windows 10, since the update when I click PLAY button nothing happens. I've run the check and repair 4 times, running it the 5th time after trying what FEMM suggested. I've uninstalled the Game center and the Game, reinstalled them and I get the same thing. I've added Microsoft's C+++ for 2019, still nothing. I installed a new video driver,,I am running a 64 bit system also,,,,,, All my firewall permissions are correct, I've been playing this game for FOUR years and now this UPDATE has me locked out,,, HELLO WG SOME HELP HERE ???

Edited by Anvilsteel

Members
2 posts
2 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 5:06 AM, Rick_Elmore said:

I have the same issue - went to game settings and clicked on check and repair.

Still nothing after hitting PLAY .......

Using Mac OS

Mac users need to update wrapper which is in beta at the moment, I too run Mac OS and currently downloading to try it, but some are reporting issues, tweak your graphics down and try that. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xm5lp05859y2cnh/wargaminggamecenter-3.1.0_beta4.dmg/file

screen shot for Mac OS on High Sierra

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 11.31.32 am.png

Edited by LaraCroft835

[BHBD]
Members
5 posts
2,188 battles

Also on Mac OS 10.14.4 .... Game just quit's when I hit play. Safe Mode, Repair, and Reinstall don't help.  War Gaming just bricked MacOS it seems.

[AK-49]
Members
2 posts
10,219 battles

Having the same issue here on my MAC. I had to uninstall and reload it three times all I get is the screen with the play button and then nothing else happens. 

Last login: Sat Apr 27 06:32:56 on console

Office-iMac-2:~ David$