You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paul__steel

Update 8.3 base XP calculation

7 comments in this topic

[I-RKN]
Members
9 posts
6,584 battles

I just started the personal assignment quest for Pyotr Velikiy and Sinop. I played my first battle and then checked how much XP I earned and was credited. Now, I'm a premium account holder, so imagine my surprise when the XP I was credited was only the amount I would be credited if I wasn't a premium account holder. This is the 1st time I've actually checked how the XP is credited, so I've no idea if this is how it's been in the past, but it seems to me, that if I've spent the money to be a premium account holder I should be awarded with the XP and other attributes listed in the after battle summary of a premium account holder. I can understand if the bonuses that are received with camo, flags etc. aren't included as the BASE XP they say you will be credited with, but shouldn't that base XP be based on whether or not a paying premium account holder or not? Seems to me, that's part of the incentive to be a premium account holder... Yeah, I know I said premium account holder way to much....LOL!

[CRMSN]
Members
8,372 posts
8,991 battles
43 minutes ago, Paul__steel said:

I just started the personal assignment quest for Pyotr Velikiy and Sinop. I played my first battle and then checked how much XP I earned and was credited. Now, I'm a premium account holder, so imagine my surprise when the XP I was credited was only the amount I would be credited if I wasn't a premium account holder. This is the 1st time I've actually checked how the XP is credited, so I've no idea if this is how it's been in the past, but it seems to me, that if I've spent the money to be a premium account holder I should be awarded with the XP and other attributes listed in the after battle summary of a premium account holder. I can understand if the bonuses that are received with camo, flags etc. aren't included as the BASE XP they say you will be credited with, but shouldn't that base XP be based on whether or not a paying premium account holder or not? Seems to me, that's part of the incentive to be a premium account holder... Yeah, I know I said premium account holder way to much....LOL!

No, base XP is base XP, the XP before any modifier is applied.

• Cool 1

[I-RKN]
Members
9 posts
6,584 battles

Like I said, I understand base XP is without modifiers. When I became a Premium Account holder one of the perks was more XP earned across the board. As such, I would expect MY base XP to be based on my account type THAT I PAID FOR rather than the same XP a non-premium account holder gets. I don't see a premium account as a modifier. The camo's, pennants, clan bonuses etc. I agree are modifiers. They all cost the same regardless of account type. I'm just saying I believe the Base XP calculation should be based on account type, since that was what WoW touted as being one of the perks of Premium Accounts....

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,295 posts
11,826 battles
18 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

No, base XP is base XP, the XP before any modifier is applied.

Base Exp can be found on the team page of the results and shows experience without any modifiers other than the built in 50% bonus from winning.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,372 posts
8,991 battles
11 minutes ago, Paul__steel said:

Like I said, I understand base XP is without modifiers. When I became a Premium Account holder one of the perks was more XP earned across the board. As such, I would expect MY base XP to be based on my account type THAT I PAID FOR rather than the same XP a non-premium account holder gets. I don't see a premium account as a modifier. The camo's, pennants, clan bonuses etc. I agree are modifiers. They all cost the same regardless of account type. I'm just saying I believe the Base XP calculation should be based on account type, since that was what WoW touted as being one of the perks of Premium Accounts....

You don't see a PA as a modifier? Really? Even though you stated yourself that one of the perks is increased earnings? Premium time is a modifier, it's stated as such, and it shows that it is on the earnings page of the after action report, and, again, you clearly stated that you understand how it works, so, all I can say is "Eh?".

Missions requiring base XP are that way for a reason, to level the field and give everyone an equal opportunity to let what they do, rather than what they've paid for, determine outcomes. Also, Base XP in game is not a perk, if you want to increase your base xp over what is normal, you need to play a ship with a modifier built into the hull, like ATL or Sims, definitely Sims.

• Cool 1

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,422 posts
13,653 battles
20 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Missions requiring base XP are that way for a reason, to level the field and give everyone an equal opportunity to let what they do, rather than what they've paid for, determine outcomes. Also, Base XP in game is not a perk, if you want to increase your base xp over what is normal, you need to play a ship with a modifier built into the hull, like ATL or Sims, definitely Sims.

Perfectly put.

• Cool 1

[I-RKN]
Members
9 posts
6,584 battles

When you look at the after battle report credits and XP, there are 2 columns. One with base XP earned without premium and one base XP with premium. It's even labeled as base XP with premium! EVERYTHING I earned as a premium subscriber for that battle is applied to my account using the premium stats. All I'm saying is this should be no different. ALL the other bonuses applied are for a premium account and this one should be as well.