You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ALROCHA

To you who didn't pick a side yet

50 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles

MEGA EDIT:

Picture was outdated, many people now have no idea what to pick so here goes:

If you're able to go for maximum points in the day, go for the victorious team (Either if you win or lose, the victorious team receives better rewards but needs more points to get them).

If you're not able to go for maximum or just want to get 500 and leave the game, go for the losing team of every day, this way you'll get to 500 points easier and will be on a deficit of a very small number...it's more like a quality of life.

I for example am very busy atm so I picked the losing team for today and I expect to keep on going for those 500 points daily and only...or at least until Azur Lane event comes out and forces me to play more.

image.png

• Cool 2

[-WTP-]
Members
1,464 posts
3,430 battles

Maybe i need to buy some crates. Because i just picked first team i saw (honor) and made the right choice..hehe

[TIGRB]
Members
598 posts
14,832 battles
Just now, ALROCHA said:

image.thumb.png.d61f3dc4473d0503c44f25ad70d33f24.png

Team Honor is currently winning, chances are that this remains until the end of the day.

And if you're interested in more rewards like I am, continue picking honor over glory for the rest of the event since it doesn't gives more rewards for the losing team.

Great. A one sided contest just like Sharks and Eagles. Thier has to be a way to make things more even and competitive.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
4 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Great. A one sided contest just like Sharks and Eagles. Thier has to be a way to make things more even and competitive.

I saw that this event would be a problem without even knowing about Sharks vs Eagles...just by reading the patch notes...

If they want a "friendly competition" they wouldn't go this far as to getting this one-sided fiesta with increased rewards for winning streaks

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,775 battles
10 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

Team Honor is currently winning, chances are that this remains until the end of the day.

And if you're interested in more rewards like I am, continue picking honor over glory for the rest of the event since it doesn't gives more rewards for the losing team.

This is the thread I came looking for. Thanks. 

I got burned hard in sharks vs eagles. Didn't wanna do it again. 

[A-D-F]
3,626 posts

Technically, if you are not going to earn enough points in a day for the modifier to kick over, you are better off choosing the losing team the next day. You will end up with more tokens.

That won't help you today though.

See here:

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
285 posts
12,217 battles

Last time in Sharks and Eagles I was a hard headed Eagle until the end.  I even made some posts in fun here about it.  This time I picked Glory because that's where my mouse was when the screen loaded.  I guess I'm about to go down the same road as last time.

The issue may be the number of players on each team more so than the skill of the teams.

Perhaps WG should assign teams randomly.  MM works well for that, right?  :Smile_Default:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
4 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Last time in Sharks and Eagles I was a hard headed Eagle until the end.  I even made some posts in fun here about it.  This time I picked Glory because that's where my mouse was when the screen loaded.  I guess I'm about to go down the same road as last time.

The issue may be the number of players on each team more so than the skill of the teams.

Perhaps WG should assign teams randomly.  MM works well for that, right?  :Smile_Default:

It also depends on if they will finally get the handicapping right so one team doesn't steam roll for the entire time.

[DOG]
Members
358 posts
8,728 battles

Well, the rules talk about a (loyalty) reward for sticking with one side (I think it was 15 days straight)...but anyone know what the reward will be?  Hard to know if it's worthwhile.

[DOG]
Members
358 posts
8,728 battles
Just now, dashtardly said:

Well, the rules talk about a (loyalty) reward for sticking with one side (I think it was 15 days straight)...but anyone know what the reward will be?  Hard to know if it's worthwhile.

Oh, search showed this up - it's a FLAG (so who cares).

[VW]
Members
2,932 posts
15,475 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

There is. RNG assignment of teams upon login. Ther you go. Hecj you could even go old school and use a coin toss cause that would be the most fair way to distribute players. Then it would be an even chance for each team. The minute you let players choose is the minute the competition becomes biased.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
1 hour ago, ALROCHA said:

1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

59 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

I saw that this event would be a problem without even knowing about Sharks vs Eagles...just by reading the patch notes...

If they want a "friendly competition" they wouldn't go this far as to getting this one-sided fiesta with increased rewards for winning streaks

56 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

This is the thread I came looking for. Thanks. 

I got burned hard in sharks vs eagles. Didn't wanna do it again. 

Being on the winning team is 4 Tokens. So winning every day of the event is 200-300 Tokens depending on how long earning Tokens lasts (40-60 days).

Earning 1 point in a day is 4 tokens. So just playing a battle every day to get at least 1 point can get you as many points as winning every day.

Earning 500 points is 16-44 tokens depending if the team you are on won or lost the day before. The thread that Burnsy quoted below has all the details. So getting 500 points is 4 to 11 times more profitable than winning that day.

If you want the tldr on who to pick to maximize Token earnings?

Do you think you will only get between 500 and 1,499 points that day? Pick the team that lost the day before.

Do you think you will earn more than 1,500 points that day? Pick the team that won the day before.

56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Technically, if you are not going to earn enough points in a day for the modifier to kick over, you are better off choosing the losing team the next day. You will end up with more tokens.

That won't help you today though.

See here:

I'm updating this thread that Burnsy quoted.

2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

There is. RNG assignment of teams upon login. Ther you go. Hecj you could even go old school and use a coin toss cause that would be the most fair way to distribute players. Then it would be an even chance for each team. The minute you let players choose is the minute the competition becomes biased.

The difference for winning is minimal. Earning 1 point per day is just as valuable as winning. Earning 500 points in a day is WAY more valuable.  

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,405 battles
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

People tend to go with what is working … 

people tend to stick with what works … 

People will continue to do what works until it is shown that it doesn't … and even then they may not change

Honor was first choice, same as sharks, and will continue as such long past any argument to the contrary

Edited by Commander_367

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,621 posts
15,895 battles
1 hour ago, ALROCHA said:

You stay on one side for 5 days past max rewards and then switch sides.

Thus maximizing all rewards possible. It is in the section if you read all the pages.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You stay on one side for 5 days past max rewards and then switch sides.

Thus maximizing all rewards possible. It is in the section if you read all the pages.

You can swap from day to day as well.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,405 battles
45 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

A patch? lol

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:
48 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

A patch? lol

The main reward is in earning points to get Tokens and the team only matters if you think you will get lots of points that day or not.

For 15 days each.

SWI7YsP.jpg

AU4sXLl.jpg

For 20 days each.

XQdXbKT.jpg

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,405 battles

I honestly think you need to look at whether any event is worthwhile with WG before you jump on the hamster wheel … 

Not every puzzle is worth solving :)

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

I honestly think you need to look at whether any event is worthwhile with WG before you jump on the hamster wheel … 

Not every puzzle is worth solving :)

Which is why I make the threads I do. So people can get all the info in one spot to decide for themselves. If you like flags and patches, this will mean something to you. If you don't, then don't worry about it. I want to get tokens for the Vlad perma-camo and some of the Soviet Token crates. If I get the flags, fine. If I don't, then I don't. But some will care.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,405 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Which is why I make the threads I do. So people can get all the info in one spot to decide for themselves. If you like flags and patches, this will mean something to you. If you don't, then don't worry about it. I want to get tokens for the Vlad perma-camo and some of the Soviet Token crates. If I get the flags, fine. If I don't, then I don't. But some will care.

Which is why I look at your posts +1

And .. I'm lazy :)

[WOLF1]
Members
2,700 posts

for most tokens with minimal games, keep switching to the losing team, and earn points...

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
17 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Which is why I look at your posts +1

And .. I'm lazy :)

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

Hail, brother Raptor, man of feathers. 

This is exactly how the PT started, with the advantage immediately to the leftie team.  But within a couple days, the advantage had swung the other way as the winner's nerfs kicked in.  This should be a lot closer than most expect.

For that reason I chose Glory.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
12,594 battles
3 hours ago, ALROCHA said:

what WG should've done, was randomly assign players to a team for the entire event. :fish_book: