Hyperion728

Error message with 8.3 update

8 comments in this topic

[CIAO]
Members
116 posts
13,084 battles

What does this mean?  I check and install, it wants permissions; I give them.  It downloads some stuff (second pic) and then goes back to the first message (first pic).  I close out everything and the pattern starts over again.  With the game running it resumes its "normal" text of "The game is running" and it loads fine until I exit out, then back to square one.  Game seems to run fine regardless though.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

error.png

error.2.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,339 posts
11,846 battles

Because of the issues the WGC doesn't know if the patch applied correctly. I clicked check and got the Visual C++ download and was loading into the game a few seconds later.

Members
288 posts

What version of DirectX are you running.  I think with this patch, the game only supports 11 and up.

[CIAO]
Members
116 posts
13,084 battles

I'm running 12 and the game works fine, its just that games center thing keeps popping up when it's open but the game is not.  Thanks.

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
49 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

I'm running 12 and the game works fine, its just that games center thing keeps popping up when it's open but the game is not.  Thanks.

Is it still actual? Did you try to make a full reload? Please provide any additional info you have. 

[CIAO]
Members
116 posts
13,084 battles

Yup.  I just closed out the game, and the games center, started both back up; same "issue".  I've played a couple co-op, 4 or 5 random, read news, used the premium shop and arsenal; everything works fine (except my audio but that was since before this patch).  When I *first* loaded in after the patch I had the new Russian port, after I restarted the first time I was changed (unprompted) to the drydock; don't know if that's a seperate issue or not.  I changed it back to Sea (my usual), and it's stayed normal.  Other than that I have zero problems with 'the bug', I was just trying to figure out what I get the message when everything seems to be working.

• Cool 1

[CIAO]
Members
116 posts
13,084 battles
25 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Is it still actual? Did you try to make a full reload? Please provide any additional info you have. 

Sorry, didn't know what you meant by 'reload'.  Restarted the laptop, same error message, did the check and install thing, it downloaded it (again), but this time it didn't advise me to contact support, so... all is well I guess.  Thanks for the quick response.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
18 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

Yup.  I just closed out the game, and the games center, started both back up; same "issue".  I've played a couple co-op, 4 or 5 random, read news, used the premium shop and arsenal; everything works fine (except my audio but that was since before this patch).  When I *first* loaded in after the patch I had the new Russian port, after I restarted the first time I was changed (unprompted) to the drydock; don't know if that's a seperate issue or not.  I changed it back to Sea (my usual), and it's stayed normal.  Other than that I have zero problems with 'the bug', I was just trying to figure out what I get the message when everything seems to be working.

4 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

Sorry, didn't know what you meant by 'reload'.  Restarted the laptop, same error message, did the check and install thing, it downloaded it (again), but this time it didn't advise me to contact support, so... all is well I guess.  Thanks for the quick response.

Thank you for replies. There was nothing than additional update. Good to see it works.

• Cool 1