You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Nice job on Yamato

13 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

You have to give us more than that!  What do you like about it?

[TIGRB]
Members
597 posts
14,823 battles

Got to hand it to the graphic design people at WG,,,Last Haloween was great..The Space Battle very improved. And the Ships continue to look better. Yamato job was beautiful. Thumbs up to all you!

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
236 posts
6,160 battles

Did Musashi get the graphic model overhaul as well? I don't recall it looking quite this detailed and awesome!

shot-19_04.25_11_52.50-0677.thumb.jpg.61de4042a61186dd6c7f952c4d540971.jpg

Members
574 posts
7 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

Did Musashi get the graphic model overhaul as well? I don't recall it looking quite this detailed and awesome!

shot-19_04.25_11_52.50-0677.thumb.jpg.61de4042a61186dd6c7f952c4d540971.jpg

After reviewing both for a bit, she most certainly did! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Well to my older eyes (60's) she looks much more crisp, refined and realistic. It's enjoyable to just sit in port and look at her. Aside from the RMB means of viewing her... I wish you guys would give us an easy way to view our ships, really close views. You want to go further, give us the ability to "walk the decks" from front to rear. Don't need to see inside but sure, a view from the commander's area would be great. 

But Yammy looks fine, super fine... now if the rumors of her armor being changed with the model will prove false, overall it's a superb job. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,790 posts
12,548 battles
2 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

Poop, forgot to look at it.  I do like the new bow on it.  It's very powerful looking.

Edit: I've seen pictures.

LOL dang it! Yeah same here. Will take her out tonight.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,234 posts
19,617 battles

It's a small thing but you guys got Yamato the transparent windows for the bridge and top forward superstructure.  A lot of the older ships don't have that while newer ones do.  Excuse my potato laptop:

QurmKEf.jpg

6O14jee.jpg

uNAFyCz.jpg

augSInW.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
103 posts
6,214 battles

Eh, I'm not really a fan of these changes. I quite liked the older model even if it wasn't as accurate. This model just seems, well, fatter with less curves.

Details are nice, but that doesn't really effect the performance of the ship. The bridge and chain changes are detailed, for example. 

The AA changes were misleading - while she did get more AA, they removed a lot of the armored AA she normally gets and all the new AA is unarmored. So shes overall weaker in the AA department beacuse Yama takes a lot of HE spam. Perhaps necessary with the CV rework since her AA as actually usable compared to her pre-rework counterpart and thus mitigated one of her weaknesses to a degree.

The rear just kind of looks fat. They shorted and thinned the boat hangers on her sides drastically and her rear turns in at a much wider curve. Overall her rear is the worse part imo (but this is almost purely a cosmetic thing and really down to taste)

Her deck curve from the bow to the midship is a lot less drastic which again, I'm not a fan of. I preferred the curvy deck. 

She also seems sit a lot higher in the water and her citadel is waaaaaay too exposed - like Russian level of exposure.  From what I can tell this looks to be as a result of the above change, and thus her cit seems to sit a about 5% higher. I don't know if this is a model glitch, but Mushi and Yama don't share the same cit anymore - Mushi's is better armored and slightly better angled for some reason (though they sit at the same height still). This change has me worried the most, beacuse she was the easiest BB at T10 to punish and now she's even more so. 

I'm really disappointed in these changes and hope there will ongoing tweaks in the future. It's really sad to see my favorite ship butchered like this.