You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

25 Victory Container Haul

62 comments in this topic

Members
577 posts

Short and simple.

Got a bunch of camos and signals. But, you aren't interested in that. I got the unlock missions for the T5, T6, & T8 Soviet BB's. 

I got 1875 total tokens, which netted me the Lazo for 1500 and then I rolled 300 into 10 standard containers which netted me a few signals, camos, and 3000 coal. 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,926 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Short and simple.

Got a bunch of camos and signals. But, you aren't interested in that. I got the unlock missions for the T5, T6, & T8 Soviet BB's. 

I got 1875 total tokens, which netted me the Lazo for 1500 and then I rolled 300 into 10 standard containers which netted me a few signals, camos, and 3000 coal. 

This is an excellent event crate, because even if you blow your RNG roll you will still walk away with a premium ship (or part thereof, depending on how many tokens you bought).

What is the event-crate cost?

Members
577 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is an excellent event crate, because even if you blow your RNG roll you will still walk away with a premium ship (or part thereof, depending on how many tokens you bought).

25000 doubloons for 25. But, there are much smaller packages available. This is great for people who have doubloons stocked up. 

[_RNG_]
Beta Testers
310 posts
10,854 battles

BOught 4 with 4500 dubs and got the Pyotr tier 5, and Vladivostok Tier 8 !!!!  im so happy!!!

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

WG, seems to have found a new cash cow...

I wonder how many people are actually willing to spend money, just to get tier ships early..:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

$100 is awfully steep for the chance at ships that can be got later with free XP. I'll have to think on this one. 

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
12,926 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, General_Lee_Miserable said:

25000 doubloons for 25. But, there are much smaller packages available. This is great for people who have doubloons stocked up. 

Wow... a thousand doubloons per crate. And that's the best price per unit? That's a lot to pay to guarantee yourself a Tier 7 premium cruiser. 

Yes, yes, I know - there are camos and flags and unlock chances. But all that can be attained free in game, and I choose not to assign monetary value to that when it comes to appraising a container's worth. YMMV.

At 9000 doubloons, it becomes as expensive as buying a T7 cruiser in the shop. I want this thing for a Tier 5+ captain retrainer.

In fact,  if I have to spend more than it would cost to get a Molotov (which I can take into T6 ops), it just isn't worth it. That cutoff is very close to 4500 doubloons.

We shall see.

[5BS]
Members
7,625 posts
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I wonder how many people are actually willing to spend money, just to get tier ships early..:Smile_popcorn:

Money? No. Excess doubloons from doubled up unlocks (The Royal Navy event and Santa crates were very good to me)? You bet. I've got 62k gathering dust. And frankly I want the Dragon flags more than the ships and this has so far been the best way I've seen to convert useless doubloons into useful Flags.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Premium Containers in Armory...

• 1X = 1250 Doubloons ($6.69 USD)
  • 4X = 4500 Doubloons ($21.43 USD shown as -10%)
  • 7X = 7500 Doubloons ($33.92 USD shown as -14%)
  • 25X = 25,000 Doubloons ($99.99 USD shown as -20%)

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,495 posts

For that cost... No thanks.

Can you earn them for free ?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,926 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Ouch.

This is not cost-effective for me. I will grind for the tokens and spend any excess on standard containers.

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Probably a lot... or else WG wouldn't bother with it.

But I wont be..LOL

[ARGSY]
Members
12,926 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, Spyde said:

You can earn the regular containers in-game, or rather the tokens to buy them, for free. But not the premiums, AFAIK.

My first priority is the 1500 tokens I need for the Lazo. After that I will worry about early unlocks (or not).

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,495 posts

This is a good thing though.  Let people who want to spend the Money and Dubs do it.  Its not going to change anyones game play for someone to get a ship early from a Tech tree you can do free a bit later.

Helps the game stay funded without giving things everyone cant earn later.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles

Since I had close to 20k dubs around and hopefully next patch the duplicate Murmansk will hopefully cover up some of cost, decided to get 4 just to see and at least get some dragon signals. 

Got absolutely nothing as my luck befits me; not a jab at WG, I pushed the button to buy them. At least the signals are good and you get a headstart on Lazo so that's something. Still, just a reminder to people that for every winner there's a loser. :cat_paw:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
20 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Money? No. Excess doubloons from doubled up unlocks (The Royal Navy event and Santa crates were very good to me)? You bet. I've got 62k gathering dust. And frankly I want the Dragon flags more than the ships and this has so far been the best way I've seen to convert useless doubloons into useful Flags.

It's still money...I've had 11k doubloons since xmas, and nothing to spend it on, and while extra flags are always nice, I'd probably end up with far too much camo again, have 1000's don't need more.

I have all the RU Cruisers, but I'm just not feeling the BB's, and if i do, I can always actually grind them.

WG has created this situation for long time players, far too many doubloons, with nothing to buy with them, and I'm still not seeing a good reason to spend. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,643 posts
33 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Many I bet.  They seem to sell a lot of the early unlock containers every time.

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

1 hour ago, Gen_Saris said:

$100 is awfully steep for the chance at ships that can be got later with free XP. I'll have to think on this one. 

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1 hour ago, Spyde said:

For that cost... No thanks.

You buy crates for the cost of 30 Tokens each in the Armory. So you DO NOT have to spend real money on crates.

1gKgxJi.jpg

The premium crates are 1,250 to 25,000 doubloons ($6.69 to $99.99).

Ku74qj4.jpg

[-WTP-]
Members
1,466 posts
3,432 battles

100 USD way to much this go around. Espically after getting burned on air supply containers. Will take a hard pass on this one. I dont like playing BBs anyway.

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,169 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

You buy crates for the cost of 30 Tokens each in the Armory. So you DO NOT have to spend real money on crates.

1gKgxJi.jpg

The premium crates are 1,250 to 25,000 doubloons ($6.69 to $99.99).

Ku74qj4.jpg

Um, why would you copy/paste patch notes into the forums when people can just read them in the Portal?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,643 posts
5 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

Um, why would you copy/paste patch notes into the forums when people can just read them in the Portal?

Because many people that come here asking questions, don't bother reading the patch notes.  It also lends credibility to answers.

• Cool 2

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,169 posts
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Because many people that come here asking questions, don't bother reading the patch notes.  It also lends credibility to answers.

Good point.

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
8 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

This^^^

Also if WG changes something, I have a screenshot from today. More importantly, when people accuse WG of changing things, I have a screenshot from today. The latter happens more often than the former.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
3 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

Good point.

It's just easier to find it in the forums.  The way things shift around on the WoWs news page it become a hunting and fishing expedition to find what info is in what News post.  Often it's scattered across multiple articles.  In the forum you can just search on the event name and find everything in one or two threads or alternatively, search on @Kizarvexis.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
876 posts
7,119 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I wonder how many people are actually willing to spend money, just to get tier ships early..

there is another side to the coin... Pay to jump up the line saving grind time (A lot of it). if I have $100 lying around and only 6hrs a week to play. I would have already pulled that trigger.