You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1014381829

When can we expect the Soviet Containers?

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
10 minutes ago, ph3l0n said:

Are they due out today?  I want to get into one of them super tanks!

According to patch notes Premium containers will be available in the Armory for Doubloons and they may or may not be in the shop at a later date.

EDIT - I have looked for the info on the containers in the shop and can't find it now. All the main site says is in Armory for Doubloons. It might have been a comment from someone at WG here or on Reddit but they did say they might not be in the shop or it would be later if they were.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

According to patch notes Premium containers will be available in the Armory for Doubloons and they may or may not be in the shop at a later date.

Is anyone home/in game and can see if they are in the Armoury and if so, what price? I've got 60k friggen worthless doubloons and this is as good of any use of them.

Beta Testers
268 posts
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is scary.  so no bulk discount then?

[POET]
[POET]
Members
159 posts
5,917 battles

On website it shows the current containers finish tomorrow with countdown. 

Id surmise that new ones will be added after they have finished :D

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
2 minutes ago, ph3l0n said:

That is scary.  so no bulk discount then?

They could be bulked for doubloons in the Armoury.

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is anyone home/in game and can see if they are in the Armoury and if so, what price? I've got 60k friggen worthless doubloons and this is as good of any use of them.

Game still not up yet - update delayed through 10AM. Will check when it comes up and let you know.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I've got 60k friggen worthless doubloons and this is as good of any use of them.

20 containers will get you (enough tokens for) a T7 Russian premium CL up front, plus all the camos it spews out.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
268 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

20 containers will get you (enough tokens for) a T7 Russian premium CL up front, plus all the camos it spews out.

I don't always agree with you, but you are not wrong here.

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am aware of that and was part of my plan. The camos and flags more than anything are welcomed as I need a few more French 19Captains for the coming DD line, but I'll take generally a T7 anything for Ops use.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
45 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Premium Containers in Armory...

• 1X = 1250 Doubloons ($6.69 USD)
  • 4X = 4500 Doubloons ($21.43 USD shown as -10%)
  • 7X = 7500 Doubloons ($33.92 USD shown as -14%)
  • 25X = 25,000 Doubloons ($99.99 USD shown as -20%)

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That's not too bad. I might do 1 25x with my friggen worthless doubloons.... I really wish they would just put the Alpha and Beta in the shop for doubloons...

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,782 posts
6 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

That's not too bad. I might do 1 25x with my friggen worthless doubloons.... I really wish they would just put the Alpha and Beta in the shop for doubloons...

I wouldn't be hanging on to my dubs for that, it's not likely to ever happen.  They were always intended to be one time only rewards for those players.

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
15 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I wouldn't be hanging on to my dubs for that, it's not likely to ever happen.  They were always intended to be one time only rewards for those players.

They've talked about selling a version of the Beta at least but without the Beta Tag. And with every other Premium ship in the game already in port, I don't have anything to blow the doubloons on.

[A-D-F]
3,782 posts
22 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

And with every other Premium ship in the game already in port, I don't have anything to blow the doubloons on.

Wow!

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
1 hour ago, ph3l0n said:

You could probably flag up and grind the line in less time than base xp you have to earn....:Smile_teethhappy:

[A-D-F]
Members
887 posts
7,035 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Not the "friggen worthless doubloons" those are the worst!? :cap_haloween:

59 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

True, but if they're truly worthless dubs; he could always send me some instead.:Smile_trollface:

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
1 minute ago, Curly__san said:

Not the "friggen worthless doubloons" those are the worst!?

Well in a weird coincidence (totally couldn't see this coming) after this year's Santa crates filled in the few holes of Missing Premium ships I had, I got *two* Super Containers a month later with ships in them (first time I had gotten a ship SC) for T8's, 1 I had just gotten in a Santa Crate, and thus the doubloons associated with them. Amazing that I start getting doubloons/ship drops when they become basically worthless to me.

[A-D-F]
3,782 posts
9 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Well in a weird coincidence (totally couldn't see this coming) after this year's Santa crates filled in the few holes of Missing Premium ships I had, I got *two* Super Containers a month later with ships in them (first time I had gotten a ship SC) for T8's, 1 I had just gotten in a Santa Crate, and thus the doubloons associated with them. Amazing that I start getting doubloons/ship drops when they become basically worthless to me.

I get that things are kind of worthless for you at this point and that's not fun.

Spending the kind of money you had to have spent to own every possible premium ship though, at some point there was no other possible outcome.

[PVE]
Members
15,800 posts
10,460 battles
2 hours ago, ph3l0n said:

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This^^^

Ku74qj4.jpg

Token boxes

1gKgxJi.jpg

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
17 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I get that things are kind of worthless for you at this point and that's not fun.

Spending the kind of money you had to have spent to own every possible premium ship though, at some point there was no other possible outcome.

In my defense I spent as carefully as possible. I used free doubloons to buy ships on the tree when they were on sale, that ended up becoming free giveaways (that for some reason had a compensation higher than the cost). I tactifully used Santa crates to maximizes 'gets' around certain ships. And when they announced they would stop selling some, those I bought outright to avoid the issues later.