Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JarjarBinks97

Lock of premium ships for better experience

17 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
Members
5 posts
5,134 battles

Hi, after the giveaway of T8 CVs it's impossible to not noticing that a lot of players have bought something without the minimum idea about how to play it, ruining in this way the game of the Others.

So i have this idea: you will not be able to use your premium ships until you will unlock a ship of the same type and same tier. In this way it's easier that you know how to play this ship.

This is a good thing for everyone, in fact, the players won't blame you because you don't know how to play your ship ruining their game, and you will have more fun because you will play it, if not at the best, but, at least, in the right way.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DENY]
Members
797 posts
9,150 battles

Do you realize that WG is a business and their goal is to make money ? 

There plenty of potato that fail they way to t10 without spending anything .....

[USCC2]
Members
4,804 posts

1. WG has created different tier premiums to entice players to buy. Why would anyone buy a Tier VIII premium (or indeed any premium) if they then can't play it? Financially doesn't make sense.

2. Why do you think just because a person has had to grind to a tier (for example tier VIII) to play the premium, this will make them able to 'play the ship'. A person can grind to tier X and still not know how to 'play' a ship.

3. There will always be players in this game that will blame others, no matter how well those others play. For some it is easier to blame someone else than look at their own performance.

[TCNNA]
Members
969 posts
16,665 battles

Do you want a real challenge?

Try play Chess.

All skill no luck.

potatoes only play vs potatoes.

:Smile_trollface:

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
100 posts
11,874 battles

You could say the same thing about those "entry accounts" (I think Steam offered them) that gave you a T-5 or T-8 premium BB if you joined WoWS through them.

Or the say the same thing about me, when I started taking out DDs because I was a better BB player then.

It is what it is, as it's always been.

[PVE]
Members
15,800 posts
10,460 battles
1 hour ago, JarjarBinks97 said:

Hi, after the giveaway of T8 CVs it's impossible to not noticing that a lot of players have bought something without the minimum idea about how to play it, ruining in this way the game of the Others.

So i have this idea: you will not be able to use your premium ships until you will unlock a ship of the same type and same tier. In this way it's easier that you know how to play this ship.

This is a good thing for everyone, in fact, the players won't blame you because you don't know how to play your ship ruining their game, and you will have more fun because you will play it, if not at the best, but, at least, in the right way.

Uh, no.

1 hour ago, dad003 said:

Do you realize that WG is a business and their goal is to make money ? 

There plenty of potato that fail they way to t10 without spending anything .....

This^^^

1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

1. WG has created different tier premiums to entice players to buy. Why would anyone buy a Tier VIII premium (or indeed any premium) if they then can't play it? Financially doesn't make sense.

2. Why do you think just because a person has had to grind to a tier (for example tier VIII) to play the premium, this will make them able to 'play the ship'. A person can grind to tier X and still not know how to 'play' a ship.

3. There will always be players in this game that will blame others, no matter how well those others play. For some it is easier to blame someone else than look at their own performance.

and This^^^

Besides you would be screwing over players as well through no fault of their own. Take my own example. I was a new player when the 2016 Armada bundle came out. Lots and lots of ships for half price. I had won some Christmas money at work, so I went and bought the Armada bundle and more than doubled my fleet in one swoop. I had unlocked T6 Cleveland and got T8 ships in that bundle. By your crazy logic, I would have not been able to buy it. F-U then as that was the best thing to happen to me and the game. I was having trouble making credits as a T6 F2P player, so I was grinding the lower tiers to make bank while I learned to play the Cleveland and to start branching out into other ships. Having ships of various nations made that MUCH easier. The ARP ships had there last hurrah, Steven 'Ambien" Seagall came out, and I had Arizona and Warspite to work with to get them all. I had Tirpitz to do a few T8 battles for things that needed high tier ships. Most importantly I got Kamikaze, Fujin, Belfast, and Kutuzov before they were pulled. And the most important, since I had all of the available ships at the time, I had a much easier time of getting Gremyashchy and Nikolai in the little bit of Christmas crates I bought.

So no, let people buy what they want to buy.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,994 posts

[edited] You don't realize that people don't need to buy ships to not know how to play them?  They can earn ships they don't know how to play.  Just because someone spends money or gets lucky doesn't mean much in terms of use.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,733 posts
22,069 battles
2 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Do you want a real challenge?

Try play Chess.

All skill no luck.

potatoes only play vs potatoes.

:Smile_trollface:

Well, that describes tournament chess, that's for sure.  It's been like 40 years since I played any USCF tournaments.  It could be fun in its own way.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,782 posts
4 hours ago, JarjarBinks97 said:

A premium ship is not (supposed to be) "better" than a fully unlocked line ship of equal tier/type, in terms of match performance. They are (supposed to be)  only "better" in terms of economics, saving time and effort. 

Locking a player's new purchase behind some play wall, would have no benefit other than frustrating the person who just spent money on the game.

Playing ships does not make the player good or even better at those ships.  One can spam game after game, doing horribly, all the way up to T10, using free line ships.

[NHALE]
Members
100 posts
8,874 battles

Hahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious! Let me laugh harder! HAHAHAHAHA!

And while we're at it we'll lock everyone into Co-Op until they reach Tier 10?

You have to realize that Potatoes are blissfully unaware of how bad they really are. 

Putting a "Skill Wall" on premiums won't change that. The closest thing we have to that is the Newcomer rewards where you have to unlock a Tier 6 Tech Tree ship before the game gives you a Texas for free. 

All seriousness, I get your pain, especially with crapCV players, but I'm gonna have to break your heart, and say no.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
867 posts
7,491 battles

Unfortunately JarJar, I agree that this wouldn’t be a good idea, especially for those who have spent money for a product, but can’t even use it. It would make no sense to buy the product.

one thing I would probably think about, is make it so that once you unlock a certain class of ship, whether through the tech tree or through a purchase, is to be forced to do a training course. This course would cover the basics for that ship class and hopefully give an idea of what needs to be accomplished for that class. 

However, if there is no focus to do even a mandatory training, then it is better to let it be and not worry about the less skilled. We can div up with Kii and Mass again ;)

[H_]
Members
2,449 posts

This topic, what is skill, always gets everyone all excited..........  Our host seriously doesn't care to whom they sell products to....  It's a F2P for heavens sake.  Are unskilled players ruining some matches:  yes....  Are carriers being operated by absolutely new players:  yes, they "bought in..."  Are those "bought in" players causing all sorts of "mischief" all over the place...........oh yeah.   Is this anything new:  no...............but, there is a twist now: these are Carriers, not normal surface ships...!!!

The day before yesterday, we had a brand new carrier driver.........he got so frustrated he decided to ram some one and this own team made sure that didn't happen.....!  I posted a screen shot yesterday......  Everyone got reported it seems for everything !  Even those whom, did nothing.....  Last night, a 4 carrier match:  two good carriers and two new carries (2 Tier 8's and 2 tier 6's...)  Guess what happened.......  Yep, the only ships left were the two good carrier players........the lesser skilled players were on the very bottom of the stats and created enough of a mess, a lot of good ships were destroyed because of that mess.........counting on support that never happened........  Our division was being "supported by" the lesser carrier and on contact, we turned around and he was gone....................gone, gone and ran away....  

Skill in a surface ship affects the area of the effective range of that players guns or torps.....  Carriers effective range is the entire map.......and, we wonder why we are having a few "issues at this point...."

Edited by Asym_KS

[RM-I]
Members
341 posts
20,813 battles

Forget whoever buys ships of the highest level without having an idea of how to play at the base. Unfortunately we see so many.
But are we talking about those that the ships win? At least we want to put them in a position to do no harm until they have learned how to use it?
Moreover JAR poses a problem that the game has, and his is an idea of how to fix things.
What is the point of having a player participate with a T8 that has never played before?

[RM-I]
Members
341 posts
20,813 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You've been here for awhile, and you just now noticed this?:Smile_sceptic:

who are you?

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

Uhm, how about no?

I've seen plenty of players who have no clue how to play even tech tree ships of those tiers. I have zero interest in passing judgement against anyone who plays a premium ship, even if they suck, since they are paying for the continued development of the game as well as the large number of player who play for free.

Sign in to follow this