You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Chiv

And you thought 2x cv was bad

76 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,546 posts
10,669 battles

Im not a fan of 2x cv's in a match, but when I looked and realized there were 3x per team the first worlds out of my mouth were wth WG.

Short version the cleveland died first then the martel then an amagi before they sunk our gaede.

shot-19.04.25_03.22.37-0270.jpg

shot-19.04.25_03.36.28-0747.jpg

• Boring 3

[JMMAF]
Members
315 posts
5,570 battles

Thats just wrong.  Talk about a way to make people want to stop playing.

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
7,209 posts
30,479 battles

That is plain wrong. Two per side is too many already.

Cleveland used to be a no-fly zone. As you see this is no more.

And WG wonders why people don;t play T8+ as much. I stopped until this is resolved.

I can play DDs in  a radar environment. Two or three decent CV drivers make it impossible now except at T4/T5

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
2,224 posts

It would be funny to see what a "PvE Protest Weekend" would do to the Random MM. Poor little algotithm with an ASCII string wrapped around it's output neck.

Get as many BB, DD, and CA/CL mains as possible to play nothing but PvE in Ops and Co-op for one weekend, and check the forums on Monday for results. Much hilarity would no doubt ensue.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2

[POET]
[POET]
Members
159 posts
5,909 battles

I have still been seeing a lot of 2 CV games in T8-10 match's - so much for a patch to stop this.

I know they had the extra premium cv's come into the game but even with them waiting times for games are only ever up to 1min max most the time as a cv 

Should have things set to 1 CV per game on all tiers 

[SOV]
Members
2,916 posts
2 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

Im not a fan of 2x cv's in a match, but when I looked and realized there were 3x per team the first worlds out of my mouth were wth WG.

Short version the cleveland died first then the martel then an amagi before they sunk our gaede.

Though that was bad I had a game had 5 DD per side. That was beyone silly.

O yea hate cv wrong thread.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
100 posts
11,846 battles
17 minutes ago, Feclez said:

I have still been seeing a lot of 2 CV games in T8-10 match's - so much for a patch to stop this.

I know they had the extra premium cv's come into the game but even with them waiting times for games are only ever up to 1min max most the time as a cv 

Should have things set to 1 CV per game on all tiers 

The patch-change was so you/we wouldn't see two "T-10" carriers in a T-8/10 match, not stop from having two T-8 carriers in a T-8/10 match.

It would be kinda hard to have only one carrier a side per match, when there are only 4 tiers of carriers now.

Members
541 posts
18 minutes ago, SedatedApe said:

The patch-change was so you/we wouldn't see two "T-10" carriers in a T-8/10 match, not stop from having two T-8 carriers in a T-8/10 match.

It would be kinda hard to have only one carrier a side per match, when there are only 4 tiers of carriers now.

because at the lower tiers where ships have even less AA need to be discourage from playing even more. The idea that they would only fix T10 match issues and keep punishing lower tiers has always been a standard among Wargaming in this game. Lower tiers always got the shaft with multi CV games. If CV play was so good it would be permitted in all play modes but its not. They just think the money to be made from premium CVs outweighs the money they will lose to players leaving or no longer buying ships.

Since they aren't going to rid the game of CVs they need to bring back the odd tier CVs to fix MM distribution; which brings up the other lie that having two CVs per team was infrequent. Yeah, only if you look at it through a twenty four hour day but players are only concerned with what they face during prime time and its stupid silly how often multiple CVs show up then

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

What tiers do not see cvs? 2? 1?

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
100 posts
11,846 battles
6 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

The last update 'greatly reduced' the possibility of having two T-10 carriers per side in a high-tier match.

Personally, I haven't seen two T-10 carriers since the update, but I have seen two T-8 carriers in a couple high-tier matches.

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles
1 minute ago, SedatedApe said:

The last update 'greatly reduced' the possibility of having two T-10 carriers per side in a high-tier match.

Personally, I haven't seen two T-10 carriers since the update, but I have seen two T-8 carriers in a couple high-tier matches.

Thanks. Do you know the answer to my question?

Members
201 posts
3,193 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

And WG wonders why people don;t play T8+ as much. I stopped until this is resolved.

I can play DDs in  a radar environment. Two or three decent CV drivers make it impossible now except at T4/T5

How do we know that it was the carriers that sunk the Cleveland?  He doesn't exactly say that it was the carriers that killed him just that he was the first to die.

Just by looking at the end results... its one of those blowout matches.  I'm confident that most of the damage was done by the surface ships than by the carriers.  I would assume it was rather fast match as well.

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
679 posts
6,732 battles

Soon to be released: WoA (World of Aircraft Carriers).

Featuring torpedo bait from DD to BB size for your amusement.

Order now while supplies last!

Buy two, get one free.

Just pay additional S/H.

• Cool 1

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
100 posts
11,846 battles
41 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Thanks. Do you know the answer to my question?

Oh, my bad  :Smile_amazed:

According to the "Battle Level" on WoWs wiki it looks like both T-1 and T-2 should be the only tiers where you won't see carriers.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,691 posts
11,173 battles

"Working as intended" they say.

Just wondering how many CV complaint threads will have to be generated over all servers for WG to realize they s**t on their own game with the CV rework.  The admission will never come, as too much time and resources were poured into the rework on their end, but I'd still pay to be able to sit next to the devs while they try and play in these types of multiple CV matches and still attempt to convince me they are "enjoying" it.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,839 posts
4,048 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It would be funny to see what a "PvE Protest Weekend" would do to the Random MM. Poor little algotithm with an ASCII string wrapped around it's output neck.

Get as many BB, DD, and CA/CL mains as possible to play nothing but PvE in Ops and Co-op for one weekend, and check the forums on Monday for results. Much hilarity would no doubt ensue.

The 12-13K or so logging in every night  could care less about a couple hundred of us self important forumites....Neither them or the MM would even yawn.  I think this is a point lost on most of us in our  little world here.  

• Cool 1

[TDY]
Members
10 posts
2,962 battles

2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Yeah, about that poor little algorithm. He can hang for all I care, MM has never been kind.

[PVE]
Members
15,686 posts
10,411 battles
4 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

4 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

Thats just wrong.  Talk about a way to make people want to stop playing.

2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

:Smile_facepalm:

T10 has a soft cap of 1 and a hard cap of 2. This has been that way since 8.2.

T4-T8 has a soft cap of 2 and a hard cap of 3. This has been that way since 8.0.

Would people like to see 1 CV per side, sure. But if there are enough CVs in the queue, you will not.

1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

Yes, T1-2 do not see CVs at all. 

T3 can only see a CV when bottom tier.

Ranked games in Tiers 5, 7, and 9 will not see CVs.

• Cool 1

[POET]
[POET]
Members
159 posts
5,909 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Ranked games in Tiers 5, 7, and 9 will not see CVs.

I had the strangest of T7 games yesterday then!! Being it was all T7's except for the 2 CV's on each side that were T8 CV's

All HAIL MM!!!

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
638 posts
12,880 battles

I also have not spent any money on this game since the Santa Crates last year. I have no problem spending money on something that provides entertainment, but I don't care for the direction the game has taken. First, WG was going to start adjusting premium ships and now it refuses to stop with the two to three carrier matchmaking nonsense. I understand there's captains who wish to play their CVs in matches and limiting them to one per game would lengthen the queue time, I get it. But if their inclusion is hurting the other player's gaming experience, and WG is aware of this and are refusing to take action, then I'll just play for free. 

WG feel free to check my account to confirm that zero money has been spent by the way and I was regular contributor to paying your electric bills.

If I may make a small suggestion in regards to the frustration being experienced playing against carriers: Don't play any ship above Tier 8 and stick with odd tiers. Tier 7 will only see Tier 8 carriers and obviously Tier 9 matches. Most T7 ships can hold their own against a T8 CV. If you play odd tiers, the most you will see are CVs one tier higher then you. Yes, T5 ships can still struggle against a T6 carrier, but it's better then a T6 fighting a T8 carrier or a T8 fighting a T10. 

Now back to our current meta:

IdolizedGrizzledBillygoat-size_restricte

[POET]
[POET]
Members
159 posts
5,909 battles

@Jolly_Rodgered You mention about the lengthened queue time for CV's in a 1 CV only game - Personally I think that any CV player that is dedicated to playing them wouldnt give a darn about the extra waiting time to play it.

As it stands they mainly wait up to a minute to play and some BB/CA/DD's wait for up to like 4 mins to get a game. 

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles

I like to remind people WG intended to have 2-4 CVs per team in every match.  I know people like to make claims about the devs not understanding their own game, but that just isn't true.  They understand, and they intended the game to be what we see in CV heavy matches.  That was the meta they were/are trying to force on the game.  People need to understand this is WG's vision for the game.  Think carefully if you want to continue supporting the game going in this direction.

2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Though that was bad I had a game had 5 DD per side. That was beyone silly.

O yea hate cv wrong thread.

Yeah right, three of the enemy DDs were dead in the first couple of minutes of the match, and the game went on as normal from there.  Fall victim to DD is your own fault 75% of the time.  That's the reality of the situation, so when you complain about DDs you're just admitting you're a terrible, straight lining, BB player.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I had one of those too, and it absolutely sucked, especially since it was only a 10 ship game.

shot-19.04.24_22.38.19-0729.jpg

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
638 posts
12,880 battles
Just now, Feclez said:

@Jolly_Rodgered You mention about the lengthened queue time for CV's in a 1 CV only game - Personally I think that any CV player that is dedicated to playing them wouldnt give a darn about the extra waiting time to play it.

As it stands they mainly wait up to a minute to play and some BB/CA/DD's wait for up to like 4 mins to get a game. 

From what I've read putting two carriers in a match was done to shorten their queue time. I personally have no problem with people wanting to play their carriers; it's part of the game. But having two CVs per team just changes the whole dynamic of the match for me. I was hoping that War Gaming would read the numerous posts from people, including new players, that don't care for the multiple CV issue but I guess they don't care.