You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1000060539

CV delayed takeoff

60 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
367 posts
4,087 battles

What it means for garbage players ( 93% of the player base). 

WG will let you race to the cap. They will let you get further away from friendly help but once you get to it you will die. You will die just like you do in every game. Nothing will change.

You die for a reason. WG can patch the game till the worlds ends but they can not fix stupid.  

P.S 

They will have to BUFF CV damage to compensate for the loss damage due to the delay in takeoff.  Ohh the tears will be priceless.   

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 9

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

What makes you think they have to compensate?  They haven't in the past, the first three updates after 8.0 were nerfs with no compensation.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
11 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1000060539 said:

WG will let you race to the cap. They will let you get further away from friendly help but once you get to it you will die. You will die just like you do in every game. Nothing will change.

You die for a reason. WG can patch the game till the worlds ends but they can not fix stupid.  

P.S 

They will have to BUFF CV damage to compensate for the loss damage due to the delay in takeoff.  Ohh the tears will be priceless.   

Say wait... did they force a rename on your account? Or are you just using someone else's avatar? Just curious. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,117 posts
11,124 battles

It's just a straight up damage nerf, 30 seconds less time for my Graf Zeppelin to be smacking people with torpedoes.

People will still cower in the back, hiding behind islands, and I'll still be hunting DD's so that maybe my team will move forward and take something.

No real change other than I'll be sitting around on my hands for a bit, and can take a little longer to set the autopilot.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
13 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1000060539 said:

This I agree with, all the delay will do is allow the lone wolves to get farther from help, but I doubt there will be any buffs because with the tiny DD detection radius if they have their AA off the initial scouting is mostly just a scout of the enemies initial disposition.

• Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
19 posts
749 battles

HE spam is whats keeping everyone at max distance who wants to just get set on fire every second

• Cool 2

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
27 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

What makes you think they have to compensate?  They haven't in the past, the first three updates after 8.0 were nerfs with no compensation.

Is there any need for compensation? 8.0 CVs have the top average XP, same tier as steel ships. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
18 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Is there any need for compensation? 8.0 CVs have the top average XP, same tier as steel ships. 

Then play them if its so easy.

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Then play them if its so easy.

I do not play a class because it is easy. I play a class for fun. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,401 posts
16,809 battles
1 hour ago, RenamedUser_1000060539 said:

P.S 

B A I T 

• Cool 2

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
20 minutes ago, Umikami said:

B A I T 

He does have a bit of a point in that this could backfire for the folks on the short side of the death ball.  It is bait though.  You're right.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This I agree with, all the delay will do is allow the lone wolves to get farther from help, but I doubt there will be any buffs because with the tiny DD detection radius if they have their AA off the initial scouting is mostly just a scout of the enemies initial disposition.

I agree as well.  I actually waited a minute on a couple of T10 matches and saw no relative change in results.  What matters, it seems, is planes flying later in a match.  Waiting separates the ships and allows those pesky AA traps to be spotted.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

I agree as well.  I actually waited a minute on a couple of T10 matches and saw no relative change in results.  What matters, it seems, is planes flying later in a match.  Waiting separates the ships and allows those pesky AA traps to be spotted.

Yeah, there isn't much worse than popping over an island and finding yourself well within AA range of a Minotaur, Worcester, or pretty much any tier 10, with a tier 8 CV.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, there isn't much worse than popping over an island and finding yourself well within AA range of a Minotaur, Worcester, or pretty much any tier 10, with a tier 8 CV.

Heck, this will probably be a buff to CVs!  The salt will flow.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,382 posts
6,370 battles
56 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Heck, this will probably be a buff to CVs!  The salt will flow.

It'll make defending the brave/stubborn/foolish DDs easier, too. By the time I fly by, they'll be in a cap most likely! Just drop a fighter overhead and they'll be safe! ...Ish.

Assuming there aren't multiple DDs doing it, anywho.

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles

It's kind of a pointless change imo, but I highly doubt there will be any compensation. The effect on damage output will be fairly small, anyway.

I just don't think briefly delaying the CV scouting is going to have much effect on gameplay, and I certainly don't think it will have any effect on the perceptions of the staunch CV complainer crowd. I DO think just sitting on my hands for the first 30 to 45 seconds of the match will be a little tedious, but whatever.

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
4 hours ago, RenamedUser_1000060539 said:

That includes you sparky. https://sadtrombone.com/

I have a better idea.  Why don't we turn this game into a turn based strategy game.  We can all ball up and rush to the center of the map and take turns shooting at stationary targets.

Edited by Amenhir
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
8 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

I do not play a class because it is easy. I play a class for fun. 

It's not easy but you think it is. Before you dismiss it and everyone that does like it try it. Because calling people braindead because you belive something that is not true does not make it true.

[CUTE]
Members
405 posts
14,809 battles
9 hours ago, RenamedUser_1000060539 said:

P.S 

Cv damage doesn't need to be buffed.  aside from giving planes a cooldown time for take off between each strike, there is no real problems with them.  The glaring issue with the rework is AA and being unable to defend yourself from being repeatedly attacked by the CV. 

Remember when DM used to be a huge threat to carriers?  Now, not so much.  Even with all the AA mods and captain skills, its a struggle to shoot down the aircraft before they get an attack off.  Even other known AA ships have a hard time.

The problem the rework created was forcing players to spec everything for AA to even hope to survive constant plane attacks.  This removes variety and ships that should fill a certain role can't lest they get the attention of a CV.  

So, fix AA. Change it from the damage being focused on flak back to continuous damage. Make the damage ticks get faster the longer enemy planes stay within your. Flak is aesthetically pleasing but its really easy to avoid.  

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Cv damage doesn't need to be buffed.  aside from giving planes a cooldown time for take off between each strike, there is no real problems with them. 

They have to fly back to the ship --- that entire process takes longer than it does to reload any gun in the game.

I could see a reload for any single ordinance that does 12k+ damage, but CVs are death from a thousand cuts outside of 1 or 2 CVs with AP bombs.

[_-_]
Members
2,228 posts
8 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

They have to fly back to the ship --- that entire process takes longer than it does to reload any gun in the game.

Except for the other two squads you can launch as fast as you can press [F].

• Cool 1

Members
541 posts

Delayed take off needs to be combined with longer cool down between drops which would limit the number of times you would choose to drop the same target as you would have to stay within its AA umbrella longer before getting the next strike off. As in, safer to fly to another target

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
6 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Except for the other two squads you can launch as fast as you can press [F].

Gosh, it's almost like any other ship with multiple armaments and shells.  We need to make the cool down between switching armaments equal to the reload time -- fire torps?  Yeah, wait 3 minutes before you can fire your guns because that's ... are you suggesting fair?  Or are you wanting to call it balanced?  Sure, if the weapons actually get their full power, let's put a cool down timer on them.  1 air dropped torp is plenty to cut a DD in half, so by all means, let's get rid of the micro turd weapons and get some real weapons on the aircraft.