You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Radar_X

What is the next Bounty Event?

What should the next Bounty event theme be?  

227 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. What theme seems most interesting to you?

• Science Fiction (UFOs, Spaceships, etc...)
    • Pirates
    • Holiday Themed (Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, etc...)
    • Sports (Football, Soccer, Baseball, etc...)
    • Shark Hunt
    • Nation Themed (Russian, US, UK, etc... Bounty)

50 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Bounty events have been a part of the World of Warships community for quite some time and we can't wait to make the next one available!  We'd like your input for upcoming Bounty themes so please take a moment and vote on this poll.  Thanks!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
Members
239 posts
8,893 battles

I vote for Holiday theme with Sci-Fi at close second since I think Holiday theme will be hard to implement due to most people having either family gatherings or needing to head out on such days

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles

Should have made it multiple choice:cap_horn:

I liked it when you can adopt a persona. There is the copy paste message, but as a pirate it was fun to put a pirate-y twist on everything else I may say over the course of a battle. Kinda hard to do that as a Corgi or Mask

[RKLES]
Members
9,537 posts
11,463 battles

I had a fun thought as a means of relieving stress in the community. Why not throw many of your Dev Team into an event team for a weekend and let the community take out all their frustrations on the the Devs ( with shells, planes, Torps, and ramming only of course. Hopefully no insults in chat would be given by anybody since that would only spoil the fun,).

There have been a few mishaps lately that would make it fun to sink a few developers, and would prove to the community that they actually play their own game to be able to understand first hand how things work. So would be a win win.

Just thought I would throw this idea in here for consideration since WOT Blitz had some events a while back where you could platoon with a moderator or other firm of WG employee from Forum to earn gold if you were chose and you would win gold if your on enemy team and scored the kill. Lol I never had such a fun time taking out the enemy team with my Tiger II tank as when the that more moderator was being swarmed by enemy players and I was on small ridge nearby with optimal range and field of fire to try and protect my div parter for that battle. So throwing Wargaming staff members into an event battle is not unprecedented, but has been understandably rare since WG Staff has other matters to attend to.

• Cool 4

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just thought I would throw this idea in here for consideration since WOT Blitz had some events a while back where you could platoon with a moderator or other firm of WG employee from Forum to earn gold if you were chose and you would win gold if your on enemy team and scored the kill. Lol I never had such a fun time taking out the enemy team with my Tiger II tank as when the that more moderator was being swarmed by enemy players and I was on small ridge nearby with optimal range and field of fire to try and protect my div parter for that battle. So throwing Wargaming staff members into an event battle is not unprecedented, but has been understandably rare since WG Staff has other matters to attend to.

Oh I remember those. Would sit there for an hour and a half just spamming devs platoon requests over and over. Actually linked up with quite a few

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles

I would add to the inquiry input I would go with

1. SCI FI
  2. Holiday for sure
  3. Pirates, least fav (because of the theme conflict with the current game) but still fun
  4. Shark hunt (torp DD mod or SUBMARINE mode only) Would be fun too 

The following themes IMO feels out of place for WOWS 

• Sports (only if, you create sports themed maps and remodeled ships to look like sports equipment like a Bat or a Hockey stick).
  • Nation, we play nation ships all the time.. I just dont know how you want to play out...

Depending on how much WOWS human resources you guys have at your disposal, I think I did a good job of brain storming for you guys.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[ADOPT]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,586 posts
4,181 battles

My mask was a pirate. All my corgis were pirates. And i was the dreaded pirate phantom from that one waaaaaaaay back we did.

Suffice to say I vote pirate.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
5,321 posts
12,228 battles

Without creating a niche mode for the event (as some have suggested) which would require April Fools-esque development, I vote for Pirates.  This is, after all, an event forced upon the masses.  It shouldn't interfere too much with daily activities.

I am also not a fan of holiday events, as the selected participants are pressured to play A LOT during that period (not blaming WGNA, as much of that pressure is self- and peer-induced).  Sports is too polarizing.  Too many players will respond with, "I don't care about (X) sport, why is it being forced on me?!?".  Same with nation themes.  I'm not sure what "shark theme" means?

So, for me, a generic Pirate theme seems it would be the most palatable to the masses, without 'forcing' anything on them.

I have been a Corgi Captain twice (had a lot of questions about "what the heck is a Corgi Captain, and why?") and a Maskarado.  I missed out on the Pirate event due to other obligations, and the Turkey event because it was a holiday (see above) and family took precedent.

Edited by desmo_2

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,860 posts
7,448 battles

Where's the Corgi option?

• Funny 1

[ADOPT]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,586 posts
4,181 battles
2 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

Where's the Corgi option?

No more corgi as that was retired when niko split.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,727 posts
15,428 battles

Sea zombies? Use some of those Halloween skins...

[TASH]
Members
108 posts
5,141 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Sea zombies? Use some of those Halloween skins...

not enough ships have halloween skins though, like the bounties would be limited to only a few tiers, and not every ship in that tier

[TASH]
Members
108 posts
5,141 battles
2 minutes ago, CapnPunkBerries said:

More pirates! Arghhhhh

Can't really go wrong with pirates haha, so agreed.

Part of the reason why I am not for the Holidays is because while its great to do them, people often want to spend times with their families during holidays and may not be able to participate. I know that the shipstorm tournament, for example, was on Easter weekend, and as such the number of people participating was a LOT less than what they apparently were expecting. And as such the last bounty event was during Spring Break, another time when people would want to be spending with their families. So I'm hoping that with pirates, or something else, the bounty event could take place at a time that a lot of people can be available to participate for.

[SYN]
Members
15,352 posts
12,506 battles

PnWTXFM.gif.6139f2fdb3a86eba877c718c7707ebe2.gif

IMG_20190313_164335593.jpg

• Funny 3

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,556 battles

While Nations is a great one, I want pirates w/ pirate captains.  Instead of enemy ship destroyed, we get "thur she blows" and torpedoes are "iron fish" or something cheesy -- just breaks it up a little bit.

Now some elaborate pirate ship skins would be pretty neat too -- 

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,035 battles

I was a fan of the turkey persona. "They see me gobblin', they hatin, trying to catch me ridin' turkey"

• Cool 1

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,564 posts
14,443 battles

bring back an old goodie "Hunt xThecanadianx"

[SOV]
Members
2,916 posts
14 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Bounty events have been a part of the World of Warships community for quite some time and we can't wait to make the next one available!  We'd like your input for upcoming Bounty themes so please take a moment and vote on this poll.  Thanks!

Pirates on talk like a pirate day.

UFO on Roswell anniversery.

And a free ship for me on my Birthday! :cap_like:

[CVR]
Privateers, Supertester
1,501 posts
21,588 battles
  • Science Fiction 
    and
  • Pirates   

:cat_paw: When will we have the submarines?
  • Cool 1

[GAMMA]
Members
826 posts
13,710 battles
15 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I had a fun thought as a means of relieving stress in the community. Why not throw many of your Dev Team into an event team for a weekend and let the community take out all their frustrations on the the Devs ( with shells, planes, Torps, and ramming only of course. Hopefully no insults in chat would be given by anybody since that would only spoil the fun,).

I voted for a national event, but I gotta say I really, really like this idea.