Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Schnitchelkid01_

Bring out Your Red October Memes(are those even a thing) because We got a New Russian Submarine

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

140
[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
752 posts
1,665 battles

Look at this new submarine Wow!!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/6028658409001/Belgorod-World-s-longest-submarine-carrying-underwater-drones

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/russia-launches-doomsday-supersub

The Belgorod nuclear-powered submarine that carries Poseidon strategic underwater drones during the launching ceremony.

I wonder if it has image.jpeg.cc7ce2ec64f809d5f5e987532bfa8dac.jpegDrive???

But no seriously what do you guys think? (I think Los Angles Class could still utterly destroy this sub 

What is its purpose a Special Ops Transport for the Russian Special Forces??

Image result for Belgorod submarine

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,242
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles

The Oscar II class are ballistic missile submarines, whilst the Los Angeles class are dedicated hunter-killer attack submarines. They serve different roles and imho are not directly comparable, like apples and oranges. The LA class would be better compared to Russia's Akula class attack subs. Honestly if a dedicated attack submarine couldn't defeat a ballistic missile sub which is twice the size in a 1v1, I'd question the competency of that particular submarine's crew.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,538
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

give-me-a-ping-vasily-one-ping-only-plea

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,128
[SALVO]
Members
21,705 posts
22,016 battles
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

give-me-a-ping-vasily-one-ping-only-plea

Ask for a Red October meme, and BrushWolf delivers.  :Smile_hiding:

 

But let's not forget the absolutely memorable (though not Red October) meme about "exciting submarine battles" (or something to that effect).  I'm sure that you must know the one I'm thinking about, Brush.

 

Edited by Crucis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,538
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Ask for a Red October meme, and BrushWolf delivers.  :Smile_hiding:

 

But let's not forget the absolutely memorable (though not Red October) meme about "exciting submarine battles" (or something to that effect).  I'm sure that you must know the one I'm thinking about, Brush.

 

awxMdQx_460swp.webp

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,128
[SALVO]
Members
21,705 posts
22,016 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

awxMdQx_460swp.webp

It's not showing up for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,538
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not showing up for me.

Hmmm? I got it from a different place than the Red October one. It works for me in Firefox & Chrome but not in Edge.

Here is a different one.
0d4ebc_1328260.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
672 posts
5,009 battles
2 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

 

What is its purpose a Special Ops Transport for the Russian Special Forces??

 

Next time you hear about an undersea cable mysteriously failing in the North Atlantic or GIUK gap area, now you know one possible culprit

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-N-]
Beta Testers
66 posts
4,104 battles
On 4/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, Super_Dreadnought said:

The Oscar II class are ballistic missile submarines, whilst the Los Angeles class are dedicated hunter-killer attack submarines. They serve different roles and imho are not directly comparable, like apples and oranges. The LA class would be better compared to Russia's Akula class attack subs. Honestly if a dedicated attack submarine couldn't defeat a ballistic missile sub which is twice the size in a 1v1, I'd question the competency of that particular submarine's crew.

Oscars are more SSGNs in the fact they are designed primarily around anti-ship/anti CVBG. That's why they have all the side launchers. No capability to launch ballistic missiles. Dolgorukiy however....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×