You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Request for owners of HMAS Vampire and HMAS Perth.

83 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles

Tomorrow, April 25th 2019, is ANZAC Day, the day on which the Australians and New Zealanders specifically remember their war dead.

In remembrance of that, I think it would be nice if everyone who owns either or both of these ships took them out for a spin.

If you don't have either of these but have a Leander, HMS Achilles of that class later temporarily became HMNZS Achilles on her transfer to the Royal New Zealand Navy (until after the war, when she became INS Delhi). So you could do that instead if you don't have either of the Premiums.

Lest We Forget.

• Cool 21

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles

Good idea! I'd happily have a Perth day if I were home- it's one of my favorite cruisers! Sadly I'll be out of town for a while, so I won't get the chance.

[MAPO]
Members
101 posts
3,764 battles

What?  Another reason to take out Perth besides being a really fun ship to play?  Count me in!  Vampire too, she's the only T3 ship I play.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles
3 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I've played my vampire a grand total of once.

That's disgusting LOL.

I must admit to having neglected mine a lot since I got on the winning-things-with-T5+-ships treadmill, but at least mine has something like 60K XP on it. After the effort I put into winning her (my first premium ship, early in my WOWS career), there was no way she was simply going to be parked.

[HELLS]
Members
2,256 posts
21,328 battles

Consider it done. My son's girlfriend is Aussie, and I have Kiwi friends.Leander had an all-Kiwi crew at one point as well...

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,335 posts
4,092 battles

Ex-RAAF here. Just returned from a dawn service (it's the 25th for us over here so it's being celebrated now) to remember all those Aussie men and women who serve and have served. Yeah the Kiwis too! :Smile_teethhappy:

Very respectful of you all!

Definitely have the Perth and Vampire!

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

The vamp can be fun in co-op. You aren't so gimped by just having 3 torps. 

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles

Much respect for the history and the fallen.

I own both, and while i do enjoy Vampire as a decent little seal clubber, but frankly, I DESPISE the Perth. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all ships in this game historically, but on the gameplay standpoint it simply does not click with me at all compared to all the other ships I usually play. I got it in a christmas crate last year and frankly i can't bare playing it. I'll probably take out my Vampire for a while then, considering tomorrow is update day i'm imagining the higher tiers are going to be a freakish mess (they are normally but update day makes it even worse) but hanging down at T3 for a while sounds relaxing.

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
7 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

I own both, and while i do enjoy Vampire as a decent little seal clubber, but frankly, I DESPISE the Perth. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all ships in this game historically, but on the gameplay standpoint it simply does not click with me at all compared to all the other ships I usually play. I got it in a christmas crate last year and frankly i can't bare playing it. I'll probably take out my Vampire for a while then, considering tomorrow is update day i'm imagining the higher tiers are going to be a freakish mess (they are normally but update day makes it even worse) but hanging down at T3 for a while sounds relaxing.

:Smile_amazed:

I hesitate to ask, but does that mean that you are a Nood player with your other ships? :Smile_hiding:

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[MAPO]
Members
101 posts
3,764 battles
2 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

The trouble with Perth is that she requires a heavy investment to unleash her potential, and as a T6 ship that can only train Commonwealth captains, that investment is better spent elsewhere for many players.  

[WOLF6]
Members
1,335 posts
4,092 battles

Also for any of those interested the Daring class HMAS Vampire was commissioned post WWII for the RAN and now rests at the Maritime Museum in Sydney.

Was used as a training ship all the way through to the 80s. That's how OP it was :Smile_teethhappy:

300px-Australian_national_maritime_museum_ships_cr.jpg

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tomorrow, April 25th 2019, is ANZAC Day, the day on which the Australians and New Zealanders specifically remember their war dead.

In remembrance of that, I think it would be nice if everyone who owns either or both of these ships took them out for a spin.

If you don't have either of these but have a Leander, HMS Achilles of that class later temporarily became HMNZS Achilles on her transfer to the Royal New Zealand Navy (until after the war, when she became INS Delhi). So you could do that instead if you don't have either of the Premiums.

Lest We Forget.

And the band played Waltzing Matilda

And the old men still answer the call 

But year after year the numbers get fewer

Someday no one will march there at all

Would help out but my left hand is in a cast. I'm limited to games without WASD at the moment. My clan in tanks was ANZAC.

• Cool 1

[TRW]
Beta Testers
112 posts
15,231 battles

As a proud aussie I will be playing the Perth and vampire. I take this day to reflect on both my father who fought in the battle of the Atlantic and my grandfather who in the RN fought in ww1 and 2 and served on HMS Barnham and was transfered off with a terminal illness just prior to the sinking so he would have known all the crew.

I proudly have my fathers Altantic campaign medals and I have loaned them to my nephew who has worn them at the dawn service at Gallipoli.

• Cool 3

[L-H]
Members
9 posts
13,881 battles

:cap_horn:Also if you have the USS Helena take her out.  She was sunk in a area NE of Australia [Kula Gulf] fighting a Japanese invasion force.  [My father was a crew member]  And yes he survived.

Edited by clmrone111

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
204 posts
10,768 battles

I actually clawed my way up to a 19pt Captain in my Perth...LOVE that ship :) Consider it done 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,815 posts
12,548 battles

Sure happy too. I have the Perth.....hmmm don't think I have the Vampire was it a reward ship? Will have to check maybe I do have it and have not played it.

[LOU1]
Members
3,688 posts
10,143 battles

Thanks for the heads up.  Both of mine will get played tomorrow.  Perth a lot more since it counts towards missions, but I'll do some Commander grinding with Vampire.

[VENUM]
Members
49 posts
5,421 battles

consider it a done deal. I love my Vampire, just wish there were premium skins for it, but WG does not seem to show love for low tier ships :(