You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LMB_REKD

Best Premium Ship to Use a 30% Cupon On?

60 comments in this topic

[90THG]
Members
6 posts
5,157 battles

I got this Cupon and want to know what's a fun, chill ship to use? I see I can get the Alaska for $55 but I heard the play-style is stressful. Any good premium ships from the shop that any of you think is worth using the cupon on? 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles

That entirely depends. I like the Gascogne quite a bit, but put a DD main or even quite a few BB guys behind her and its a living hell.

Do you like BBs, DDs, CVs, or cruisers? What do you value in each? Is there a price limit?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,790 posts
12,548 battles

Tirpitz!

• Cool 1

[90THG]
Members
6 posts
5,157 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

That entirely depends. I like the Gascogne quite a bit, but put a DD main or even quite a few BB guys behind her and its a living hell.

Do you like BBs, DDs, CVs, or cruisers? What do you value in each? Is there a price limit?

I man BBs, CVs second. The only reason the Alaska appeals to me because it looks similar to the Graff Spee with the BB Guns, but I've watched videos on it (and it requires focus, etc.) which I rather look for a relaxing ship. 

[KAPPA]
Members
1,369 posts
6,350 battles

Massachusets, if she's available. Easily one of my favorite BBs. I'll be using her quite a lot more once I have a dedicated commander for her, as she's point heavy. It's basically secondaries or bust with her.

9/20/19 edit: Georgia is now a superior option to Mass, so Georgia.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
Got a +1, so updating recommendation.
  • Cool 2

[PHASE]
Members
4,705 posts
16,118 battles

The Sims.

It prints XP like the Missouri prints credits. It is an awesome boat, gets you tier 5-9 games. It was buffed for longer torps and has made it much stronger. I call it my little... for those that remember this guy. 

See the source image

• Funny 1

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

The most expensive one you would enjoy playing.  I would recommend Jean Bart if you enjoy battleships.  I dont have one but people seem to love Massachusetts.  Good luck with your choice!

Members
2,601 posts
9,784 battles
1 minute ago, LMB_REKD said:

I man BBs, CVs second. The only reason the Alaska appeals to me because it looks similar to the Graff Spee with the BB Guns, but I've watched videos on it (and it requires focus, etc.) which I rather look for a relaxing ship. 

Personally I believe you would be hard pressed to find more relaxing ship than Alaska.  Every ship out there has something to stress about, with possible exception of Giulio Cesare, which is not available.  Alaska has the perfect combination of mobility, firepower, survivability, and utility.  

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

Mikasa

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,360 battles
20 minutes ago, LMB_REKD said:

I got this Cupon and want to know what's a fun, chill ship to use? I see I can get the Alaska for $55 but I heard the play-style is stressful. Any good premium ships from the shop that any of you think is worth using the cupon on? 

Buy premium time - that's it

[PHASE]
Members
4,705 posts
16,118 battles
26 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Buy premium time - that's it

24 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Premium Time is the correct answer to this.

he has a coupon to use, I'm not aware of coupons for premium time....

See the source image

[WOLF9]
Members
66 posts
6,912 battles

I used my last 30% coupon to by doubloons which I then used to buy the year of premium time when it was half off around New Years.  Made a great deal even better and has been very helpful with the grind in boosting XP and credit earnings.  

Stacking the discounted doubloons on a discounted ship through the game is also a great deal.  You just have to be patient to wait for the occasional sales.

Regarding premium ships, I recommend the Massachusetts as the most relaxing and enjoyable premium I have, and I’m not even a BB main.  The secondaries and the short cool down on the DC and repair consumables are great.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,610 posts
15,869 battles

Jean Bart. Just wrecks ships.

Massachusetts with a specialized 2ndary build.

Shornhurst.

All 3 are fun to play. JB park next to island to keep broadside safe and just wreck anything that sails in front of you. Decent secondaries. 

Massachusetts with aft, Ifhe minimum for secondaries will pound ships. Manual secondaries increases hits. Strong US AP shells.

Shornhurst,  22 second reload, fast ship. Awesome secondaries, and I forgot to mention torpedoes. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,360 battles
58 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I'm pretty sure they work on other things besides ships … and even certain bundles/specials 

Premium time would be the most useful 

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,360 battles
53 minutes ago, Purple_Dawn said:

I used my last 30% coupon to by doubloons which I then used to buy the year of premium time when it was half off around New Years.  Made a great deal even better and has been very helpful with the grind in boosting XP and credit earnings.  

If you got a bundle/special on doubloons + coupon,

then bought premium time on sale at a later date = win win win?

Well played - you are a winner

Edited by Commander_367

[INTEL]
Members
1,975 posts
11,711 battles

I received a 30% off coupon recently and used it to buy doubloons.  Mainly because I have all the ships I want that are available.

If I didn't have the Jean Bart or Alaska already, they would be at the top of my list.  If you learn the Jean Bart playstyle, that thing is a monster.  I'm still learning the Alaska but I do like the ship so far.

[PHASE]
Members
4,705 posts
16,118 battles
18 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I'm pretty sure they work on other things besides ships … and even certain bundles/specials 

Premium time would be the most useful 

I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong here. backtrack and evade.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,360 battles
37 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong here. backtrack and evade.

Don't believe me, 

Just look at other posts - coupons aren't just for ships

Edited by Commander_367

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

See the source image

30% off works on premium time.  You are definitely mistaken. In fact, I was offered 30% off last week, which I passed on but I did check to see if it worked with premium time.

Edited by JonnyFreedom