Slack_With_Me

Penatlies for Team Damage

16 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
126 battles

I understand this w/regards to team killing, but 2 games in a row a novie player crossed between me and my short range torpedoes maybe 2 boat lengths from the enemy) and now I'm stuck with no progress.  A third game my torpedoes missed and hit someone KILOMETERS away.  How am I supposed to control that?

edit:  The responses to this are hysterical.  So you're telling me that bc I fired, no matter what I was wrong.  Even if the dude went around me from starboard to port and cut inbetween us AFTER they were fired.  After I specifically said I am torp'ing that guy.  Ok ou win with your internet logic.

Edited by Slack_With_Me
  • Funny 1

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,523 posts
5,851 battles

If you're using short range torpedoes and you hit a friendly, that's generally on you, not your teammate. Don't go blaming others for your mistakes.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,142 posts
9,473 battles

dont fire your torps from behind allies maybe? i find that works wonders

[WORX]
Members
5,032 posts
15,593 battles
20 minutes ago, Slack_With_Me said:

but 2 games in a row a novie player crossed between me and my short range torpedoes maybe 2 boat lengths from the enemy) and now I'm stuck with no progress.  A third game my torpedoes missed and hit someone KILOMETERS away.  How am I supposed to control that?

Few things,

1.  Map awareness, always be aware of teammates before you shoot torps
  2. IF you're missing by KM and not by say inches, then I call your aim into question.
  3. Never shoot torps at ships running away from you
  4. Never shoot torps if you have friendly ships in front of you
  5. You're the only one that čan control your torp trigger finger.
  6. Remember, the teammate in front is ćoncerned about dodging red's ordnance... He is not expecting your torps.

Lastly you're responsible for your torps, once you pulled the trigger, its a dummy with no brains. So YOU have to supply the intellect to guide it to where it need to go. With the above points I stated above you'll be ok...

With my stats I only torped 2 friendlies so far for the first quarter of 2019!

BTW

This mini torp guide applies to cruisers as well.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3

[VW]
Members
2,934 posts
15,475 battles
33 minutes ago, Slack_With_Me said:

I understand this w/regards to team killing, but 2 games in a row a novie player crossed between me and my short range torpedoes maybe 2 boat lengths from the enemy) and now I'm stuck with no progress.  A third game my torpedoes missed and hit someone KILOMETERS away.  How am I supposed to control that?

Never torp behind people!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,402 posts
16,809 battles
34 minutes ago, Slack_With_Me said:

How am I supposed to control that?

Don't fire with friendly ships in front of you, or if they can sail in front of you. You are responsible for ALL the ordinance you fire in a match.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

If your torpedoes cannot clear a friendly no matter what they do, DO NOT TAKE THE SHOT!

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Lastly you're responsible for your torps, once you pulled the trigger, its a dummy with no brains.

I find this is situational. Yes, for the vast majority of cases, the one who launched torpedoes is at fault. However, there are times when you fire torpedoes, tell team chat, ping the minimap, and twenty seconds later, turn pink because someone sailed into your sea mines.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
126 battles

Can any of you read? I ws dead locked on and he went BETWEEN me and the ship AFTER I fired. And with response about missing, I missed by an inch and the torp just keeps swimming and some hit some poor teammate kilometers away that could/should have dodged it when he got the torpedo warning.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
2 minutes ago, Slack_With_Me said:

Can any of you read? I ws dead locked on and he went BETWEEN me and the ship AFTER I fired. And with response about missing, I missed by an inch and the torp just keeps swimming and some hit some poor teammate kilometers away that could/should have dodged it when he got the torpedo warning.

Sorry, but if he crosses between you and the target after you fired short-range torps, he was likely going to be in your path regardless of whether or not he was between you and OpFor when you fired. He was probably already on course to eat your torps when you launched.

There are times when hitting an ally with a torpedo is excusable (e.g. slow Black torps or 20km Asashio torps at max range), but short-range torps are usually not that.

Edited by WuYixiang

[CRF]
Members
378 posts
6,110 battles

While I see both sides of the argument here, there are times when a team mate does sail into the torps at a distance where they should have been aware of the incoming sea mines, and could have easily turned to dodge.  However, I have been is several situations where i am at full right rudder, steaming around and I hear that Torp to starboard warning and see green torps heading my way.  In one game, I got hit by SIX torps from a Farragut - only lost 1/4 of my health, not sure if it was because of the "power" of his torps or the torp protection of the Bayern (and I might have been able to turn or slow to dodge one of the torps, but not the full broadside as the Bayern maneuvers like a pig).  Not sure exactly what he was shooting at, but as it didn't sink me, we had a good laugh about it....

Sometimes RNG is good to you...

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
3 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

In one game, I got hit by SIX torps from a Farragut - only lost 1/4 of my health, not sure if it was because of the "power" of his torps or the torp protection of the Bayern

After a certain amount of team damage, the remainder is nullified (unless it's a DoT). I got hit by a full Icarus spread in Exeter.

[CRF]
Members
378 posts
6,110 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

After a certain amount of team damage, the remainder is nullified (unless it's a DoT). I got hit by a full Icarus spread in Exeter.

Was wondering about that.  I didn't try to dodge after I saw all those torps, because I figured I was a dead duck....

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles

For every hypothetical case where its the victim's fault, there are countless others where the blame falls solely on the one who launched the torps. If there's a chance you will tag an ally, don't fire them.

This is from this weekend and if I hadn't just slammed the throttle into full reverse I would have eaten this salvo. The best part? This player is pink because I had already taken one of his torps while I was knife fighting a red DD a few minutes earlier. Pay attention to your surroundings. Don't be this guy.

seriously....thumb.png.980224e858e1ea6b4429cd527a0eba6a.png

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1