You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Clan ponderings

17 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

So, I've been invited to join many clans... but some things I wonder about.

1.  Does it cost anything to be in a clan?  I guess it does to create one, but what about just being a member?  (I'm a "free" player... ain't gots no money)

2.  The one I had thought of accepting expired on me before I got back to it and now I can't find them.... I though it was like POW-MIA or something

3.  I'd feel bad accepting a clan invitation since my old computer is soooo slow that I'm normally in the low single digits for frame rate... outright can't do CVs as my frame rate is too low.... and, of course, I'm limited in general due to my low frame rate.... ships teleport on me, sometimes distances are very inaccurate which makes getting hits a challenge, and sometimes stuff just plain doesn't work... like targetting my secondaries is often unresponsive.

makes me feel like I'd be more of a burden to a clan than an asset.

thoughts?  (and no, I can't get a new computer right now )

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WAG]
Members
810 posts
10,494 battles

Not only does it not cost you anything (real world or in-game currency) to be a in a clan, clans have the opportunity to offer in-game economic bonuses to members. With a fully built port, clan members get bonus credits, and XP from battles, pay lower service costs post battle, get a discount on tech tree ships, and get larger coal and steel bonuses.

As a clan member, you earn Oil, the resource used to buy the buildings that provide these bonuses. Every contain you collect earns 10 oil for the clan, so as long as the clan isn't full, even as a sparse producer you would be helping the clan.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

It doesn't cost anything to be in a clan... in fact you get benefits if they have their clan base built out, etc.

I don't think you should worry about being a burden on the clan. It's kind of up to them to do their vetting... if they invited you, they should understand what they are getting.

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

Well, I'm guessing there is some clan based "thing" coming up?  I've been getting a lot of invites just lately.

also, any notion on how I might find that expired invite I mentioned?  They were first in line in recent days... so I thought I'd talk to them first

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
27 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

ships teleport on me, sometimes distances are very inaccurate which makes getting hits a challenge, and sometimes stuff just plain doesn't work... like targetting my secondaries is often unresponsive.

There are plenty of lone-wolf clans, formed specifically to allow clan membership for the benefits (slight coal and XP bonuses, ship discounts in credits etc), without having to put anything back in. That might be your first port of call. 

For sure, declare your limitations to anyone who offers you an invite. If they are happy with that, join.

• Cool 2

[PHASE]
Members
4,709 posts
16,143 battles

I too am stuck playing solo. ZR and PWP haven't responded to my 27th applications and then there is ….

See the source image

• Cool 1

Members
2,224 posts
6,038 battles

Ok, a lot of good information here which I'll try not to repeat too much in this post, so here we go ... 

1) There is no cost to you in being invited to and joining a clan.  Joining a clan will almost always be a benefit to you in game terms. 

2)  Being in a clan opens the possibility of participating in WOWS events designed specifically to clans.  I say "possibility" because not all clans are sufficiently large or organized enough to participate in these events.

3) Clans are established for any number of reasons.  The ones we hear about are the ultra-competitive Clans which exists largely to compete at the highest levels or such competitive events as Clan Wars.  At the other extreme are clans which largely exist as a social network to those clans which are more focused on oil production and building out their naval base. 

Whether you fit into any of these clans depends on what they and you are looking for.  Based on you description, you'd probably be useful in a clan interested in producing oil especially if you play enough to be earning daily containers on a regular basis.   It might be a good idea to ask someone issuing an invitation as to exactly what they are looking for in recruiting you and then make a decision about whether that fits what you are looking for. 

Best of luck out there  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,799 posts
12,548 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are plenty of lone-wolf clans, formed specifically to allow clan membership for the benefits (slight coal and XP bonuses, ship discounts in credits etc), without having to put anything back in. That might be your first port of call. 

For sure, declare your limitations to anyone who offers you an invite. If they are happy with that, join.

Yep check out the Lone Wolves. Clans base on solo players. Apply to WolfG 

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles

Adding a bit more on the Lone Wolf Clans, being an active member of Lone Wolves Beta.

Only real stipulation we have is that you let everyone know if you're not going to be active for a long while so that we don't assume that you just quit the game entirely or IF you leave the game to allow us to let someone else take your spot in the mean time, but if you ever come back to the game at some point you're more than welcome back.

Only thing us Beta group members do a bit differently is that we do div up every once in a while to help each other during events, missions or if we're just feeling up to it, we don't force anyone to div up but it's fun to do it every once in a while.

We also dabble a bit in clan battles whenever the seasons come up, just to compete for some of the rewards, we're not the best competitive players and we don't really use voice coms either but we have a fun time with the different dynamic. It's also a great way to improve your play as we give each other pointers to try to improve, we don't force anyone to play in CBs but we invite anyone who wants to try it out.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
2 hours ago, Target_1 said:

2.  The one I had thought of accepting expired on me before I got back to it and now I can't find them.... I though it was like POW-MIA or something

You've gotten some good info so far ... I would just add, make sure the Clan's objectives and requirements match with what you're looking for.

There is a POW-MIA Clan ... you could contact their Commander or any other officer for info.  Good Luck!

c.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
23 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep check out the Lone Wolves. Clans base on solo players. Apply to WolfG 

OP, always had a good time in game with the Wolf clans.

[TASC]
Members
279 posts
7,763 battles

contact me in game and we can see if you fit our clan. we will give you the discord link and we can play and chat and see how we get on. we do the clan battles thing but are not that competitive because i drag us down. lol  the other info is good here lots of people helping people.  

[NWNG]
Members
2,910 posts
4,823 battles
3 hours ago, DustRhino said:

Not only does it not cost you anything (real world or in-game currency) to be a in a clan, clans have the opportunity to offer in-game economic bonuses to members. With a fully built port, clan members get bonus credits, and XP from battles, pay lower service costs post battle, get a discount on tech tree ships, and get larger coal and steel bonuses.

As a clan member, you earn Oil, the resource used to buy the buildings that provide these bonuses. Every contain you collect earns 10 oil for the clan, so as long as the clan isn't full, even as a sparse producer you would be helping the clan.

Wait... Bonus Credits? What building provides bonus credits?

There's a building for -15% Post-Battle Service Cost. Building for cheaper purchase of tech-tree ships (can't remember maximum percentage). There's a bonus for Experience, Commander Experience, and Free Experience. There's a bonus for coal and steel. The HQ, the one building that displays clan achievements, and now the New building that I don't know the name of.

[WAG]
Members
810 posts
10,494 battles
21 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Wait... Bonus Credits? What building provides bonus credits?

There's a building for -15% Post-Battle Service Cost. Building for cheaper purchase of tech-tree ships (can't remember maximum percentage). There's a bonus for Experience, Commander Experience, and Free Experience. There's a bonus for coal and steel. The HQ, the one building that displays clan achievements, and now the New building that I don't know the name of.

Shhh, it's a secret in an upcoming build. Actually, my error. I thought the new Treasury building included credits, but "only" steel, coal, and doubloons.

Still, no reason not to join a clan.

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,839 battles
On 4/24/2019 at 9:27 AM, Target_1 said:

So, I've been invited to join many clans... but some things I wonder about.

1.  Does it cost anything to be in a clan?  I guess it does to create one, but what about just being a member?  (I'm a "free" player... ain't gots no money)

3.  I'd feel bad accepting a clan invitation since my old computer is soooo slow that I'm normally in the low single digits for frame rate... outright can't do CVs as my frame rate is too low.... and, of course, I'm limited in general due to my low frame rate.... ships teleport on me, sometimes distances are very inaccurate which makes getting hits a challenge, and sometimes stuff just plain doesn't work... like targetting my secondaries is often unresponsive.

thoughts?  (and no, I can't get a new computer right now )

It sounds like you are not even going to be able to play as of today...possibly from what you describe.

You look and see...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/175629-let’s-talk-about-tech-psa-64-bit-and-dx-101/

Members
57 posts
4,008 battles

Well, it appears you are correct.  I've been updated out of the game.

It's a damn shame.  I can't afford to do anything about it.

I really enjoyed that game

tech marches on and I am left if the dust.

[ALL41]
Members
341 posts
8,382 battles
2 hours ago, Target_1 said:

Well, it appears you are correct.  I've been updated out of the game.

It's a damn shame.  I can't afford to do anything about it.

I really enjoyed that game

tech marches on and I am left if the dust.

If you get an updated computer, and come back to the game, look at our clan's Mission Statement.      If we seem to be what you're seeking, find me in-game, and we'll chat.