MAJ_DUNDEE

Not good news, looking into this, any comments?

12 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
6,448 battles

Did a scan with the internet disconnected and discovered this................has anyone else had problems? Not sure where to send this as there is no link to the developers of this game

war game.png

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
4 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

Did a scan with the internet disconnected and discovered this................has anyone else had problems? Not sure where to send this as there is no link to the developers of this game

war game.png

Not a big deal, that's why I don't run anti virus programs and I haven't had a problem in 3 1/2 years with this computer.

Members
24 posts
6,448 battles

Good for you........it's still a problem for me. and until such time I get word from the developers about this "Report", the game is off my PC and I am a former player right now

[WOLF6]
Members
728 posts
6,507 battles
19 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

Yeah , Malwarebytes is damd near malware itself , get rid of it . Bit Defender hasn't pulled any of the hokey crap on my pc that malwarebytes did , you might wanna try it .

Edited by retic1959

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

This sounds like a false positive.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
1 hour ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

Spoiler

war game.png

16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That's true. We had some reports about that. A few antiviruses have such false positive reports on WGC.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,183 posts
11,571 battles
44 minutes ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

Good for you........it's still a problem for me. and until such time I get word from the developers about this "Report", the game is off my PC and I am a former player right now

Happens almost every download for me ( I have MalwareBytes too ) I just ignore it knowing that the MalwareBytes has blocked and so done . Never have any problems playing .

:Smile_honoring:

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,524 battles
1 hour ago, MAJ_DUNDEE said:

war game.png

I got the same warning, let it go and then did a full scan and had no problems.  I got this when they sent out the last update for the Game Center.  Yep, I was worried about it too, but it was a non-issue.

[DEP]
Members
230 posts
16,926 battles

[edited] Most likely is a false positive due to the nature of the auto update/calling home ability.  Either way i wont install it unless i have no other choice.

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
594 posts
8,678 battles
22 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Inclined to agree. I got the same from Malwarebytes. Switched off, waited five and redid the scan (both on and offline) and it was gone.

But better to be safe than sorry.

[NSWO]
[NSWO]
Members
100 posts
11,856 battles
22 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Like, "I love your forever".

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
7 hours ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

[edited] Most likely is a false positive due to the nature of the auto update/calling home ability.  Either way i wont install it unless i have no other choice.

For sure it's a false positive. There is no reasons to worry.
I can assure you that most of issues has been fixed in previous updates. If something goes wrong simple reload helps in almost all situations. 
And all reported WGC bugs are also being fixed immediately.