Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Such lovely matchmaking WG.

83 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles

So I'm grinding the Light Cruiser line for USN. Just picked up Helena and this is my first game in her. Got to love knowing you have no chance in hell to win the match. Look at the win average per team. 

image.thumb.png.dda8b64e6bd0f7a1f13f51ca98e3deaa.png
 

 

And....this was the outcome

 

image.thumb.png.54644152f0e6a7e1dc5c5777454e4078.png

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,759 posts
18,959 battles

Would you complain if you were on the other team? Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[-A-8-]
Members
120 posts
12,505 battles

It happens. We've all been on both sides of battles like this.

FWIW I would switch of the stats. It won't stop battles like this but it may leave you feeling less frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles
10 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Would you complain if you were on the other team? Just curious.

actually no. i perfer a good game. More XP and credits that way. Games like this, you end up with maybe 20k damage and thats it. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
243 posts

I don't look at stats anymore if you win you win if you lose you lose.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,447
[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

Helena is perfectly capable of being bottom tier and delivering results...

RkWAFZS.jpg

 

cEd2jtV.jpg

 

Plus you and another player hiding your stats artificially lowered your team's  overall stats

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Helena is perfectly capable of being bottom tier and delivering results...

RkWAFZS.jpg

 

cEd2jtV.jpg

Bottom tier is not the issue. Look at the stats and the avg win % on each team. That's the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[DPI]
Members
52 posts

Been there too, WG just doesn't care. If you are having a streak of these kind of matches WG assumes it is just because you are having a bad day and are not on top of your game... That is why your entire team of 12 is loosing. 

Not the fact that MM doesn't care about balancing players based on skill between the two sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,447
[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

Bottom tier is not the issue. Look at the stats and the avg win % on each team. That's the issue. 

 

See my edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

Get over yourself.

Your team wins 4 out of every 10.  The other team wins 5 out of every 10.  Big deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles
2 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Get over yourself.

Your team wins 4 out of every 10.  The other team wins 5 out of every 10.  Big deal

Salty much?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,955
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,359 posts
7,968 battles
28 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Would you complain if you were on the other team?

Lol, no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles
Just now, T_O_dubl_D said:

You aren't worth a grain of salt or a 2nd thought

Image result for stepback we have a bad ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,955
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,359 posts
7,968 battles
41 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Look at the win rate average per team

Have you tried, you know, not doing that? Might help with the fun factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[WLDD]
Members
119 posts
5,944 battles

I always hate it when I’m on the 58% team and we lose to the 41%.   It happens more than I care to admit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,690 battles
30 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

actually no. i perfer a good game. More XP and credits that way. Games like this, you end up with maybe 20k damage and thats it. 

SO with that said, you realize that sometimes you're on the winning team and sometimes you're not.  Sometimes you have a good game and sometimes you don't.  Not sure what your complaint is here, because we all know it can't be awesome MM all the time, and it can't be terrible MM all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
565
[TIGRB]
Members
613 posts
14,838 battles
58 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

So I'm grinding the Light Cruiser line for USN. Just picked up Helena and this is my first game in her. Got to love knowing you have no chance in hell to win the match. Look at the win average per team. 

image.thumb.png.dda8b64e6bd0f7a1f13f51ca98e3deaa.png
 

 

And....this was the outcome

 

image.thumb.png.54644152f0e6a7e1dc5c5777454e4078.png

This is getting to be the norm. I have noticed it also. But you won't get any understanding here in the Forums. It seems to be mostly full of White Knights that agree with and defend WG no matter what. They also probably are the ones benifiting from the terrible stacked match making. So be prepared to be put down, criticized etc NO MATTER what evidence you provide. My advice is play co-op and stop spending money on the game

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
314 posts
12,207 battles

OP, I concur. It just seems like most matches are shorter in duration with more high margin blowouts occurring than ever before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,219
[PHASE]
Members
4,754 posts
16,162 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

So I'm grinding the Light Cruiser line for USN. Just picked up Helena and this is my first game in her. Got to love knowing you have no chance in hell to win the match. Look at the win average per team. 

image.thumb.png.dda8b64e6bd0f7a1f13f51ca98e3deaa.png
 

 

And....this was the outcome

 

image.thumb.png.54644152f0e6a7e1dc5c5777454e4078.png

I am glad I don't use that. I am a big enough person to admit how mentally unstable I am and feel that WG is out to get me. That would provide me the data that would push me over the edge.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
117 posts
5,873 battles

Looking at these 24 players in the 2 teams, and then comparing the players by ship classes, I think the MM did an ok job making up the 2 teams from this pool of players.

Ship class: your team vs. the winning team.

T6 CVs:  42% and 38% vs. 45% and novice (less than 10 battles).

T7 BBs: 54% and 44% vs. 52% and 41%.

T5/6 BBs: 52% / 44% / novice vs. 55% / 47% / 43%.

T7 CAs: 63% / unknown (that's you) vs. 72% / novice.

T5/6 CAs: 41%and novice vs 59% and 58%

T6 DDs: 39% vs 64%

From this, I guess MM could have done a better job and the T5/T6 CA level.  But we can't be sure, as the novice may actually have a pretty stellar win rate in the current ship (say, a unicum just getting into this ship), or may have a stellar win rate before getting into this ship.   Making your own stats private wouldn't help MM, either.

How else could this pool have been distributed to make statistically more even teams?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
793
[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Would you complain if you were on the other team? Just curious.

Yes, yes I would.  Blow outs are ehfing boring.  Chasing the poor sobs on the other team trying to get some damage in before the match ends in 5 minutes blows.  It isn't fun on either side of it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[TDRB]
Members
2,983 posts
8,958 battles
11 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

This is getting to be the norm. I have noticed it also. But you won't get any understanding here in the Forums. It seems to be mostly full of White Knights that agree with and defend WG no matter what. They also probably are the ones benifiting from the terrible stacked match making. So be prepared to be put down, criticized etc NO MATTER what evidence you provide. My advice is play co-op and stop spending money on the game

 

Disagreeing with you & the op does not make a person a "white knight". It is well known class & tier are the only criteria used in random MM. It is not a matter of liking it, worshiping WG, etc, it is how it is done.

The best option is to delete MM monitor & give your team a change instead of entering the match with a defeatist attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,613
[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

Unfortunately, they've made it pretty clear via inaction that their vintage 'dawn of the internet' matchmaking is not to be touched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,039
[-WTP-]
Members
1,469 posts
3,438 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

Disagreeing with you & the op does not make a person a "white knight". It is well known class & tier are the only criteria used in random MM. It is not a matter of liking it, worshiping WG, etc, it is how it is done.

The best option is to delete MM monitor & give your team a change instead of entering the match with a defeatist attitude.

I'm a realist. When i see numbers like this before the match even starts. There is a 99.999999999999999999999999999% your team will get owned. No matter how good you are, no matter how much you try to help, you will lose. No amount of skill is going to make up for the players on your team. It's a fact. You can sugar coat as much as you want saying "give your team a chance." But i have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing a game like this with the difference in players on each side and winning the game somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[TURD]
Members
155 posts
2,200 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

And....this was the outcome

 

image.thumb.png.54644152f0e6a7e1dc5c5777454e4078.png

Dang Gneisenau captains, only ever seem to have one thing in mind. :fish_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×