TheURLGuy

Premium Cruiser Lazo - "Victory" Competition

66 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
1,252 posts
8,814 battles

For those grinding pure points, co-op seems like the way to go.  Other than achievements, everything seems to be cut down by 50% (IE win 2 co-op matches and get credit for winning 1 random).  Unless you are the type that reels off tons of achievements, coop will offer the best bang for the buck (if you can find enjoyment in that mode) unless I am missing something.

Still wish Tier 10 camos were part of this, like they were for the Go Navy part.

• Cool 2

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
28 posts
14,833 battles

I agree, Co-op is the way to go.  I find Co-op better in many ways anyway.  

Word of warning:  Playing at T9/T10 can result in more bots on your team.  Red bots seem to be better than green ones.  The more bots on your team the less likely you are to win.   Don't be surprised if you find yourself as the only non bot on your team late at night (low number of players) and at high tier.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
788 posts
2,037 battles

I dunno about that...more people rushing into Co-op thinking it's easy mode only to throw the game for everyone else...especially when there are 2 human CVs and the bot team has 2 extra BBs in exchange, leaving the humans with a lot less armor to share, so play it safe, don't rush up the middle!

• Cool 1

[BTLST]
Members
19 posts
13,371 battles

In the video, Dasha describes the teams' Victory and Honor roles in update 0.8.3 video

Team Honor values the great traditions of the Soviet Navy. Join the team and fight fearlessly for justice!

Team Glory triumphantly copes with all missions. Join the team and write your own legend into history alongside the heroic deeds of Soviet sailors!

in contradiction, The Friendly Victory competition announcement has the roles of the two swapped. So what is correct?

• Team Honor values the great traditions of the Soviet Navy. Join the team and fight fearlessly for justice!
  • Team Glory triumphantly copes with all missions. Join the team and write your own legend into history alongside the heroic deeds of Soviet sailors!

[EAWS]
Members
17 posts
12,681 battles

When? They are great about telling what, where how and who, but WHEN is always hidden. I'm reading the thing and thinking; "Okay, where do I choose?" it doesn't say tomorrow or in a week from now. - LOL

[SUMO]
[SUMO]
Members
3 posts
2,080 battles

Competition starts at 5 Am yoiur local time........Server down still at 9 am my local time..... woe is me.

Members
9 posts
4,723 battles

I'd like to pass on this, but I'm asked every single time I start up the game, and my port is always reset to the Soviet drydock.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting "pushed" into this?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,363 posts
21,651 battles

Why isn't the rewards for each of the stages of the Wall of Valor accessible in the game like it has been for every Hall of Fame? Why do we have to come to the website to get that data?

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
66 posts

Found a bug.  If you restart game after selecting a team and come back in no additional points are added.  My last 8 or 9 games have not been counted. 

Restarted to update graphics drivers and my contribution stopped at 20 battles.  All battles after that were not added.  Luckily I had already gotten my 500 points or else I may have lost out on that...

UPDATE

I did not check the time it occurred.  but clan mate said last hour of day not counted.  I am hoping that is it.

Edited by nikorian

[TF77V]
[TF77V]
Members
78 posts
2,675 battles

Do us all a favor CVs stay out of co-op. For every player cv, the bots get an extra BB. Until WoW figures out bot Cvs. CVs have no impact on a co-op battle now any way.

[SCCO]
Members
5 posts
6,432 battles

well, i now have 3 of the 4 new bb's in my port, and you guys are gonna laugh but i crapyou not, the tier 5 can bow tank a Yamato...as long as the Yamato just shoots at the hull that is... the Pyotr has a stupid amount of 125mm of bow armor all up and down till a point well beneath the waters surface......i literally went to to toe with a friend playing his Yamato in the training room just to test it.....it was a sight to behold......

• Funny 1

[-IF-]
Members
18 posts
297 battles

cant even use the Russian ships as they said you can,  there full of crap💩💩💩  there's always a catch to it

[NOINV]
Beta Testers
18 posts
4,508 battles

I don't even see a mission for the xp earned to get the Soviet BBs.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

[SAF]
Members
37 posts
2,179 battles
3 hours ago, DooHickey said:

I don't even see a mission for the xp earned to get the Soviet BBs.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

You need to unlock the mission from a drop in a Soviet crate first.

Members
245 posts
14,789 battles

I would really like to know what the odds are...

For premium containers it seems to be somewere between 1 in 5 to 10 or so. However for the regular ones its nowere near that. I opened 31 regular ones so far and didnt got any BB missions (spend all the tokens on them... mostly got camos of which I already have thousands that are better).

Another interesting thing: This is not the first time they did early access and every single time I got the ships (missions) in 100% order (first the T5 then the T6 and so on). Thats been 100% the exact case in each of those (think 4 early access so far?). However now someone claimed to get the T8 only and nothing else. Strange...

Edited by RighteousFury42

Members
245 posts
14,789 battles

OK so because I was really curious I did some testing with the doubloons etc I had lying around:

A couple of days ago I bought 1x7 premium Containers: I got the mission for the Pyotr on one of the first 2-3 containers.

Then I bought a another 7 premium Containers: Got the Izmail early on and the Sinop on the last container or so.

After that I tried to get the Vladivostok both by premium and regular containers ever since. Including todays (which contributed the most) testing I opened (not counting the 14 premium ones above):

22 premium Containers

68 (!) regular Containers

And yes the result was ALL negative. No Vladivostok to be found. I get it, that the chances in premium ones are higher and that lower tiers are probably easier to get then the higher tier ones. BUT that discrepancy is staggering! The N (total numbers of tries) is high enough to show some significance at least. Especialy considering the very high frequency of getting the T5-7. And in a lot of games since then I saw 1 Vladi on day 1...

I dont know but It feels at least, like you are supposed to easily get the first 1-2 an then spend a lot of efford to get the 4th one once you are hooked... At the VERY LEAST it should be mentioned somewere that the chances of getting the T8 early access are drasticaly lower then getting the other 3.

TLDR for those who dont care about statistics and psychology: Dont bother trying to get the T8 if you dont have a ton of doubloons to throw around. If you got T5-7 you should probably stop if you care about value.

• Cool 2

[RGANG]
Members
4 posts
9,939 battles
7 hours ago, RighteousFury42 said:

OK so because I was really curious I did some testing with the doubloons etc I had lying around:

A couple of days ago I bought 1x7 premium Containers: I got the mission for the Pyotr on one of the first 2-3 containers.

Then I bought a another 7 premium Containers: Got the Izmail early on and the Sinop on the last container or so.

After that I tried to get the Vladivostok both by premium and regular containers ever since. Including todays (which contributed the most) testing I opened (not counting the 14 premium ones above):

22 premium Containers

68 (!) regular Containers

And yes the result was ALL negative. No Vladivostok to be found. I get it, that the chances in premium ones are higher and that lower tiers are probably easier to get then the higher tier ones. BUT that discrepancy is staggering! The N (total numbers of tries) is high enough to show some significance at least. Especialy considering the very high frequency of getting the T5-7. And in a lot of games since then I saw 1 Vladi on day 1...

I dont know but It feels at least, like you are supposed to easily get the first 1-2 an then spend a lot of efford to get the 4th one once you are hooked... At the VERY LEAST it should be mentioned somewere that the chances of getting the T8 early access are drasticaly lower then getting the other 3.

TLDR for those who dont care about statistics and psychology: Dont bother trying to get the T8 if you dont have a ton of doubloons to throw around. If you got T5-7 you should probably stop if you care about value.

I bought the 25 premium crates and got t5, t6 and t7 in that order and have no misconceptions of getting the t8. Been there done that with U.K. and French line(bought 65 crates and only got t5). PS use your Laszo everyday for 1 free crate. Good gaming