18 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,640 posts
785 battles

Hey Captains,

Update on the Twitch Drops feature: With the end of the latest Twitch Drops campaign (Space Drops), which ended on April 23rd, we’re going to put this entire feature on hold until further notice to analyze the data and plan future campaigns. We’ll keep you posted about the future for this feature as soon as we’re ready to announce it!

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,679 posts
3,560 battles

:cap_wander:

[O_O]
Members
5,324 posts
12,239 battles

I'm confused.  I just got a Twitch container 20 mins ago while watching a Twitch feed.  My in-game notification said something about getting the drop for "watching for 2 days" or some such thing.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles

Honestly, good. Why encourage people to watch others play your game? Why not drops for hitting milestones and hours played ect? How about for forum interaction? Karma points? I mean why watch the game when you can play the game? 

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Beta Testers
113 posts
8,286 battles
26 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I'm confused.  I just got a Twitch container 20 mins ago while watching a Twitch feed.  My in-game notification said something about getting the drop for "watching for 2 days" or some such thing.

The regular Twitch drops are back in effect. The special ones where we got camos and Ironium but not actual container to open and the super containers we received due to this special event are at an end.

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
681 posts
6,764 battles
7 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Honestly, good. Why encourage people to watch others play your game? Why not drops for hitting milestones and hours played ect? How about for forum interaction? Karma points? I mean why watch the game when you can play the game? 

I watch to see what other players do. I call it learning without damaging my stats (not that I care). Also i nice way to see misc ships in action before you grind or buy them!

Edited by freggo
content correction
  • Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles
1 minute ago, freggo said:

I watch to see what other players do. I call it learning without damaging my stats (not that I care).

I watch others myself as well. I dont have any issue with that. It's just that I could use more encouragement to want to play and not encouragement to not play to get a little bit of loot. I've been losing interest in the game over the last couple of months and there seems no reason to play.

Dont get me wrong, there are some reasons to play but at the same time there is really a lack of anything especially exciting. Fly Strike Win seemed cool when I was getting florins to unlock stuff but once my rewards were a couple of camos, flags, and a container that gave me a couple more, my interest in that fell off. I have plenty of legendary modules to work toward but having earn some, at least half are worthless.

There just isnt a ton to do anymore...

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
6,694 posts
11,173 battles
33 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Agreed.  With the nice summer weather on the horizion, I think it may be time to take a bit of a hiatus from WoWS for a bit.  I've been at it consistently for 3 years now, and it has become more of a chore than enjoyable, especially after the CV rework.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Agreed.  With the nice summer weather on the horizion, I think it may be time to take a bit of a hiatus from WoWS for a bit.  I've been at it consistently for 3 years now, and it has become more of a chore than enjoyable, especially after the CV rework.

The thing that scares me about leaving, is not wanting to come back. After all the time and money invested, it seems sort of like a waste though I did enjoy that time. I actually liked the CV rework, just because it was new and I thought it was going to help the meta but that doesnt seem the case and its growing redundant now too.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Hey Captains,

Update on the Twitch Drops feature: With the end of the latest Twitch Drops campaign (Space Drops), which ended on April 23rd, we’re going to put this entire feature on hold until further notice to analyze the data and plan future campaigns. We’ll keep you posted about the future for this feature as soon as we’re ready to announce it!

So just for clarification there will be no more Twitch drops of any kind until the complete you analysis?

Edited by JCC45

[CRF]
Members
378 posts
6,110 battles
34 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I watch others myself as well. I dont have any issue with that. It's just that I could use more encouragement to want to play and not encouragement to not play to get a little bit of loot. I've been losing interest in the game over the last couple of months and there seems no reason to play.

Dont get me wrong, there are some reasons to play but at the same time there is really a lack of anything especially exciting. Fly Strike Win seemed cool when I was getting florins to unlock stuff but once my rewards were a couple of camos, flags, and a container that gave me a couple more, my interest in that fell off. I have plenty of legendary modules to work toward but having earn some, at least half are worthless.

I watch and play at the same time, so the twitch is always going.  I have learned a couple of tricks and tactics from watching streamers - now, only if I can remember them during gameplay.

And yes, the present rewards for Fly/Strike/Win were certainly MEH, and didn't push me to finish the entire line - I mean, the containers gave me a total of 4 special signals (can't remember what I got in the first one, so obviously it wasn't something great).  Right now, I only play the Daily Missions to get to the 20 mission target for the signals (one set a day), and usually try to get the two containers for the 12,500 exp.  However, sometimes I just play one or two games to get the first container and then go on to something else.:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
378 posts
6,110 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

So just for clarification there will be no more Twitch drops of any kind until you complete you analysis?

No, I think yo still get the normal twitch containers.  At least I got one last night for the first time in about 12 days.  All I got last week was a pair of scifi drops that were pretty useless...

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles
Just now, sonoasailor said:

No, I think yo still get the normal twitch containers.  At least I got one last night for the first time in about 12 days.  All I got last week was a pair of scifi drops that were pretty useless...

Fine, but I would still like confirmation from someone who actually knows.  The operative part of his sentence is "we’re going to put this entire feature on hold "  which implies all Twitch drops.

[-K-]
Members
6,694 posts
11,173 battles
4 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

The thing that scares me about leaving, is not wanting to come back. After all the time and money invested, it seems sort of like a waste though I did enjoy that time. I actually liked the CV rework, just because it was new and I thought it was going to help the meta but that doesnt seem the case and its growing redundant now too.

Good call.  With so much time and $$$ invested, it makes you feel almost obligated to keep at it.  However, I don't think there is any harm in taking a break for a few months just to see what happens.  If at the end of the day, you decide you're done, then you're done.  No point in investing your time and resources into something if you don't get the enjoyment out of it that it's intended for.

-Members-
1,640 posts
785 battles
30 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

So just for clarification there will be no more Twitch drops of any kind until the complete you analysis?

That is correct, there will be no Twitch drops until further notice. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles
3 minutes ago, iKami said:

That is correct, there will be no Twitch drops until further notice. 

Thanks.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,771 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

This^

That is one of the best ideas expressed on this forum lately. People should be encouraged to play the game instead of watching others do so, after all, watching someone else play a video game is almost as exciting as watching golf...almost.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
11 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

This^

That is one of the best ideas expressed on this forum lately. People should be encouraged to play the game instead of watching others do so, after all, watching someone else play a video game is almost as exciting as watching golf...almost.

Advertising.  You are already playing the game.  They need more fresh blood with $$ to spend.  Twitch viewer count going up, makes them look popular and directly translates to $$.  It is marketing my man.

• Cool 2